Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by TanisFrey View Post
    Does the Rivals card Abandoned Amusement Park interact with the Confrontations niceness rule for who you can confront on you turn?

The niceness rule states that you cannot confront a opponent with a 12 cost oversized before all your opponents with 9 cost oversized have been defeated and 12 cost must be confronted before cost 15.

The Abandoned Amusement Park has Ongoing: Increase the cost of your character by 1.

If these interact then player with Abandoned Amusement Park would be the last one that can be confronted in a cutthroat game. Is this correct?
    Yes, it interacts. You have to Confront the lowest-cost foe. So the player with AAP in play would normally be Confronted after their teammate. Or after the other two players in a 3p game.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 12-22-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If Plastic Man is played to gain the text of an Equipment with the Defense keyword (i.e. Helmet of Fate), can that trigger the Hub City Multiverse Location? Seems a bit less obvious than copying an Attack such as Mind Control Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    If Plastic Man is played to gain the text of an Equipment with the Defense keyword (i.e. Helmet of Fate), can that trigger the Hub City Multiverse Location? Seems a bit less obvious than copying an Attack such as Mind Control Hat.
    Yes, that works.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Question,

Can you gain weaknesses from the destroyed pile on purpose with Signature Trenchcoat?

Say you have Bizarro and you want to gain a weakness to draw a card.

What about buying them with the New York City location? The terminology says Weaknesses are not bought, but doesn't state if this changes where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kordless View Post
    Question,

Can you gain weaknesses from the destroyed pile on purpose with Signature Trenchcoat?

Say you have Bizarro and you want to gain a weakness to draw a card.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kordless View Post
    What about buying them with the New York City location? The terminology says Weaknesses are not bought, but doesn't state if this changes where they are.
    NYC also works. They just can't be bought from their stack.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Am I missing something in Confrontations Zatanna's power set? She seems sadly underpowered compared to other characters. Her ability to discard a card during Confrontations if she plays a Hero seems rather useless versus, say, Aquaman who can potentially get +10 Power in a Confrontation just by having a large discard pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafan View Post
    Am I missing something in Confrontations Zatanna's power set? She seems sadly underpowered compared to other characters. Her ability to discard a card during Confrontations if she plays a Hero seems rather useless versus, say, Aquaman who can potentially get +10 Power in a Confrontation just by having a large discard pile.
    That's only half her text box. Knowing what your next card is also helps with deciding if you should Confront. She also always guesses correctly when she plays one of the cards that requires you to guess the top card of your deck. Her ability also works on either player's turn. Getting to mill through all your bad cards makes it more likely that you will be successful at a Confrontation. She's a less straightforward character to play than the other powerhouses.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Question about Rogues and Teamwork with Firestorm Matrix:

If Teamworking a foe reveals a Firestorm Martix, what effects are triggered as the Teamworker? Do I get to play the top card of my deck? Am I allowed to bond with it, i.e. a "free bond"? Would bonding with it destroy the Matrix - or does it return to the Teamworked deck?

Quote Originally Posted by CommishGordo View Post
    Question about Rogues and Teamwork with Firestorm Matrix:

If Teamworking a foe reveals a Firestorm Martix, what effects are triggered as the Teamworker? Do I get to play the top card of my deck? Am I allowed to bond with it, i.e. a "free bond"? Would bonding with it destroy the Matrix - or does it return to the Teamworked deck?
    You play the top card of your deck.
    You may do the "bond."
    It will be temporarily destroyed, but FM will return to the top of their deck.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D