Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TanisFrey View Post
    In a Multiverse game does a Champion with a Stack On Going have any effect on the game?

(This can happen currently only if you include impossible mode villains.)
    Yes. Note the word "Impossible."
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Played a 3-player Multiverse game tonight. I gotta say, I wasn't really happy with how certain Champion FAAs work when they affect a single target.

Graves is probably the most egregious example of this. He was my first champion and whenever I activated my Multiverse Location, any foe I targeted with Graves' FAAA got to destroy a card in their hand (which was almost always a starter or Weakness) and then draw 2 cards for free because they were the only player affected by the FAA, meaning they destroyed the highest cost card per the terms of Graves' FAA. This basically killed any incentive for me to use my Multiverse Location ability.

When Graves was finally bought by the player to my right, because they had emptied their hand, they could not offer up a card per Graves' FAA. Since I was not affected by Graves' FAA because he was my Champion, the sole other player who could be affected got to purge a Vulnerability from their hand and draw 2 cards.

2. Later,when a player who we'll call Player 3 had Amazo as their Champion, Player 1 played his entire hand as required to buy Player 3's Amazo. When Amazo's FAA activated from being bought, it only affected Player 2 (me) due to Player 3 not being affected and Player 1 having no hand.

If a player must play their entire hand to confront another player's Champion, and that Champion has an FAA that affects a foe's hand, and that FAA activates mid-game so there's no time for the confront player to draw a new hand, then the player who confronts that champion is not affected by the FAA. Is that correct?

For future games, I might be more discerning about which Supervillains become Champions in 3-player games. It feels like it should be limited to Supervillains/Heroes whose FAAs affect the deck and discard piles rather than the hand, since emptying your hand earns you immunity to the FAA when it activates.

There certainly might be some Super-Villains who don't work as well in Multiverse.
    Yes, FAAs that just hit hands might not do anything to the active player. But not all of them just hit hands.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

A few questions came up the other night when playing Heroes Unite/Crisis 2 - I don't recall seeing them previously:

1) Does the Immortal Villain crisis affect the initial line-up?
    2) Shazam! (superpower) hit a Blue Lantern ring off the top of the main deck - once the ring is put back, do any future heroes played this turn still add to the +1 bonus to Power?
    3) For the Draining the Emotional Spectrum crisis, if one player has no cards in hand (if they played them all for instance, or had to discard them all already for some reason), is that just one less card to "check" against the line-up? Or does everyone have to be able to discard one in order to attempt to beat the crisis?
    4) The Shifting Loyalties crisis - to beat this crisis, each player has to discard 7 cost to the player on their left. Is that *at least* 7, or *exactly* 7?

Thanks

1. No
    2. No
    3. That player gets a free pass, so one less "check."
    4. At least 7.

Hope you prevailed!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hey Matt, I wanted to get a full clarification for the hero card - Doctor Fate, from Crossover 1.

The way I read him, and understand him is that the play order of your cards matter heavily. It also mentions in his ruling that the consecutive order can go either way, however can it jump back and forward?

I understand this should work:

Play cost order of effects 0 - 3 - 4 (+1 power) - 5 (draw) - 6 (+1 power) - 2 (original chain ends, new chain can now start).
    I wouldn't get to draw off playing the 2, since I didn't play it in consecutive order.

Now if consecutive order can go backwards and forwards, would this work?
    Play cost order of effects 3 - 4 (+1 power) - 3 (draw) - 4 (+1 power) - 5 (draw) - 6 (+1 power) - 4 (new chain) - 3 (+1 power) - 2 (draw) - 3 (+1 power)
    First chain +3 power draw 2 cards
    Second chain +2 power draw 1 card

Tried to make this as clear as I can for examples to fully understand this card.

No, it can't jump back and forth between ascending and descending values and call that a run of numbers.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

We played a game of Multiverse Last Night and the Crisis on Infinite Earths Event triggered Frozen City. Which lineup do you have to clear to beat Frozen City: Main Line Up or Event Lineup?

We also played a 4 player game of Watchmen using the Confrontations Base Set. Do assist cards follow the 4 player rules in which you can assist another player (Confrontations 2 v 2) or the 2-3 player rules in which you can only assist yourself (saving a card to play next turn)?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    We played a game of Multiverse Last Night and the Crisis on Infinite Earths Event triggered Frozen City. Which lineup do you have to clear to beat Frozen City: Main Line Up or Event Lineup?
    Each turn you choose which Line-Up to add the card to and you choose which Line-Up you need to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    We also played a 4 player game of Watchmen using the Confrontations Base Set. Do assist cards follow the 4 player rules in which you can assist another player (Confrontations 2 v 2) or the 2-3 player rules in which you can only assist yourself (saving a card to play next turn)?
    You can only Assist yourself until the Mastermind has been exposed. Then you have some teammates to Assist.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Aquaman (superhero)

If I have Aquaman, and I play White Lantern Power Battery and gain a power ring from the line-up, do I have to put it into my hand since I'm resolving the text of that card first or do I have the option of putting it on top of my deck because of Aquaman? Can I still put it on top of my deck at the end of my turn after it's been played?