Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Question that has probably been answered but can't find in this deep forum:

Does an attack still "land" if it has no effect on the target? (Forever Evil Examples - Catwoman someone but they have no VPs, Dr. Light someone but they have no locations, Deathstroke but they have no discard pile).

Asking in reference to Sinestro's oversize effect - would it be activated in either of these situations?

A player does not automatically avoid an Attack if it does not affect them. If they are targeted by an Attack, they only avoid it by using a Defense card.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by CommishGordo View Post
    Question that has probably been answered but can't find in this deep forum:

Does an attack still "land" if it has no effect on the target? (Forever Evil Examples - Catwoman someone but they have no VPs, Dr. Light someone but they have no locations, Deathstroke but they have no discard pile).

Asking in reference to Sinestro's oversize effect - would it be activated in either of these situations?
    So yes, Sinestro would get the VP for someone not avoiding an attack. On a related note, I believe if using Crisis Bizarro his power making other players draw works regardless of whether you defend or not. The draw there is contingent on his character playing an attack, not on the success or if it is avoided or not.

Alright so I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find the answer, since I've seen two conflicting responses.

In the context of cards like Parallax and Thomas Wayne (Multiverse set), when can you use their effects?
    Parallax: "If you own this card, you may remove it from the game. If you do, draw two additional cards at the end of turn then take another turn."

House rules were you could only activate the effects when you play them from your hand because honestly, Parallax is pretty busted all around. Thomas Wayne is okay. Then we saw a post explaining when you actually own the card, so we changed it to using them from wherever because well, you own the card. But this is the reason why I felt Parallax was so insane in general, so it's not really an ideal situation.

All of us simply enjoy playing the game it was meant to be played and we struggle to agree on a course of action regarding cards like this. If it was up to me, it'd be out of the deck altogether lol

tl;dr: Can Parallax's (Multiverse) additional turn only be triggered when you play the card or whenever in any zone as long as you own it?

-------

Side question. This scenario came up the other night and I'm pretty sure we all ruled it right but just double checking:

Player A has Swamp Thing hero letting him control all locations. He played Plasmus and discarded one of Player B's locations to draw a card. Does Player B get his location back at the end of the turn or no?

I thought it was ruled a while ago that they do and majority agreed to it. We could just be remembering wrong though.

Kinda curious because it's relevant for stuff like Starro & Brianiac playing opponent's cards and then destroying them. We always assumed they went back to the owner at the end of turn.
    Last edited by protomayne; 04-22-2018 at 06:39 PM.

The "If you own" text only applies when you have played the card. You can't enact the text just because you own it and it's, for example, in your discard pile.

When a card you don't control is discarded or destroyed, and the intent of the card is not expressly to deny that card to your foe (Broadsword), it goes back.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D