Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    For teen-titans, super-villain, slade-wilson, the on-going text says,
    " At the start of each of your turns, you may draw until you have five cards in hand."
    So, once a player draws one or more cards, can the player stop drawing before having a hand of five cards?
    No. You choose whether or not to draw. If you choose to draw, you draw to 5 cards in hand.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

For Birds of Prey,

During my turn, if I use Vixen to gain and rotate 360 degrees Clocktower from the lineup, would I take an additional turn after I finish my current turn?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    For Birds of Prey,

During my turn, if I use Vixen to gain and rotate 360 degrees Clocktower from the lineup, would I take an additional turn after I finish my current turn?
    Yes!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hey Matt, I have a question about some of the multiverse cards related to the cycle of cards that are worded:

"Choose a base set in the Multiverse. Gain a random (insert card type..Villain, Superpower, etc) from that set...."

These are worded differently than Crisis Lex Luthor who directs you to "Place a random Crisis Super Hero/Villain [ from outside the game ] into play...."

Two Questions:

1.) How should we make a list of cards that can be randomly chosen? Should we count each unique card only once, or have an entry for each copy of that card in the deck? i.e. If we are gaining a random Superpower, do we have lots of entries for kicks, then mostly one's and two's for the other cards (yielding kick as the most gained card statistically) or do we just have one entry for kick (giving each unique card the same probability of being gained)?

2.) What are the places we can gain these cards from? Can we gain it if its currently in the main deck (this involves looking through the deck to find it.. seems like a bit of a stretch), a card in the destroyed pile (I can see this), cards not in the game (seems like this is intended), and -> Cards that are currently in someone else's hand/deck (really reaching here)?!

Note: Question two gets into my mention of Crisis Lex, as he clearly states "from outside the game", while these cards don't; leaving open the possibility to gain a card that is in the game.

Side Note: Excellent game, really looking forward to all the new stuff you're putting out for it this year!

21105916_10101524750989158_5468981941457823990_n.jpg21272131_1608608582538601_215103182772343956_n.jpg

1) You can only gain cards from the main deck cards of that set. So, no, you can't gain a Kick. You should not only have one entry per card. You should take into account how many copies there are of each card.

2) When it says "in the Multiverse" it literally means in the storage box, so no, you can't gain a card from the main deck, destroyed pile, or any player's deck. It is essentially the same as "from outside the game," but before you didn't have a fancy box we could reference.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Lets say our main deck is Heroes United.

I play Flashpoint Aquaman and choose a base set in the multiverse.

I'll choose Forever Evil.

I random card #35. It goes in my hand.

Later someone else plays Flashpoint Aquaman. They choose forever evil. They random card #35.

Card #35 is in my deck. They have to go in my deck/hand to get it.

I'm not sure what else that is supposed to mean. There is no 'if the card is in the multiverse then put it in your hand' text of any sort. It says to get that card and put it in your hand.

Gain a random (x) "from that set" tells me that any card that came inside of the box when I bought it is up for grabs. Hence the question on how to count the number of each card from that set.

I do not see any supporting evidence to imply that 'gain a random card from that set' means anything other than what it says.

1. No need to make tables of odds. Just grab that particular deck, shuffle it, then start flipping cards until you hit a Super Power.
    2. Just cards in the box.

As for your second post: See answer #1 above. There are no duplicate results, as you should not use a chart/table/list. Just use the decks. Since you are gaining cards "from the Multiverse" (the box), you can't gain a card that belongs to someone else.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 09-06-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hello,

A few questions regarding Multiverse mode:

1) If my final champion is defeated, am I still able to confront the player on my left?

2) Does Green Arrow's bow affect the cost of my opponent's champions?

3) If I play the new Parallax card, and opt to remove it from the game, does the +4 power generated remain?

And finally, a question came up the other night regarding the superhero Animal Man defeating Captain Cold - since his text refers to cards you have played, can he "look back" at the cards you played already this turn to see if his bonus qualifies once he flips back up? I get that heroes like Superman or Batman wouldn't work for cards played while they're face down (since they can't "see" cards that you play when they're flipped over), but the wording on Animal Man is slightly different.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fllrtndvd; 09-09-2017 at 09:59 AM.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Thanks much for the quick reply! Several more questions came up during our first Multiverse playthrough last night.

1) Telos' first appearance attack - if a player has collected less than 6 VPs (or none), do they just put out what they can? If so, should they try to make it as even as possible? Or alternatively, do the VPs come from the "pool"?

2) Deimos' stack ongoing ability - are we to be adding a card from the event's set to the event line-up, and one from the main deck base set to the main line-up? And if so, it's only if the main deck runs out that Deimos wins - not if the event's set runs out?

3) If there are less than 5 cards in a set (let's say there are only 4 left) and it's drawn by the randomizer as the new event set, should we put out the 4, or just draw a new randomizer card until we get a set with enough cards to make a full line-up?

4) Is it possible for the event deck to run out? If so, would we just shuffle it and start over?

5) The "destroy all non-X" cards from Watchmen (like Owlship) - it's clear enough what to do if I choose the main line-up (just destroy the appropriate cards and replace them from the main deck). But how does it interact if the event line-up is chosen - specifically if the line-up is temporarily empty? Are they replaced by new cards from the same event set before the event changes? Or do we get a new event before the card finishes resolving - and if THAT is the case, do the "replacement" cards come from the old set or the new?

6) Also regarding those "destroy" cards from Watchmen, when the Blackest Night event is in play (when a non-0-cost card is destroyed, it goes into the event lineup instead) - if I target the event line-up, does anything happen? Let's say I've destroyed a non-hero card with Owlship. Does it just stay in the line-up? Or does it temporarily move to the destroyed pile, get replaced, and then go BACK to the event line-up?

I think that's it for now. Awesome game, we had a ton of fun. Some things wound up a little wonky. :-)

Thanks again!