Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    For the Aquaman villain whos first appearance attack reads "mill until you hit a starter. If your deck runs out this way stop and gain 3 weaknesses." if your final card is a starter would you gain 3 weaknesses? Had a debate about this last night

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheGreat View Post
    For the Aquaman villain whos first appearance attack reads "mill until you hit a starter. If your deck runs out this way stop and gain 3 weaknesses." if your final card is a starter would you gain 3 weaknesses? Had a debate about this last night
    Your deck does run out when you discard that Starter, so you do gain 3 Weakness cards.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    That will trigger it, so be careful!
    What if that happens but it triggers a +4/5 power but it isnt that person's turn? Do they get the power on their turn or do they lose it?

Quote Originally Posted by WLCMike View Post
    What if that happens but it triggers a +4/5 power but it isnt that person's turn? Do they get the power on their turn or do they lose it?
    Power generated outside of your turn cannot be stored/saved. It just goes away.

If you use the Riddler (Base Set) while Flashpoint is active and the top card you gain from the main deck is a villain, do you destroy it and gain a random hero?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If you use the Riddler (Base Set) while Flashpoint is active and the top card you gain from the main deck is a villain, do you destroy it and gain a random hero?
    You do not destroy it. You keep it. Note that Flashpoint uses the term "buy," while The Riddler effect "gains" the card.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I love this game, and our group has been playing it consistently since Hero's Unite came out. With the introduction of the Multiverse I decided to finally look up all of the interactions in order to ensure smooth gameplay with all the sets combined (although I'm still missing Crisis 3 and all the crossover packs). I have read and taken notes of all 200+ pages of forum posts from the previous DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications threads but there are still some things I'm not clear on.

1. Can oversized Red Tornado gain his +2 power before effects such as Slade Wilson or Oa cause you to shuffle up and draw?

2. If I do gain a starter/weakness/kick from another base set (most likely from the Vanishing Point location)does that card actually count as being from a different set. If so, do weaknesses from different sets get destroyed when Bizarro puts them onto the weakness stack?

3. Does using Clayface to replay a location allow you to use that location's ability a second time even though it never changed zones? (and yes, I know I can only choose a location I put into play that turn).

4. In Forever Evil, when Martian Manhunter or Cyborg does their First Appearance Attack, can I choose to discard a second card of the appropriate type even if the first one I discarded was Element Woman or Shapeshift. If so, could I then discard Element Woman AND Shapeshift?

5. Does the card type granted by Garfield Logan persist even if it moves into a hidden zone. (Example: Discarding a weakness and giving it the hero type so that I can put it on top with Skeets and then trying to draw it with the New Genesis Location.)

Edit - 6. If I play Killer Croc through the use of Shazam/X-ray Vision/Wonder Women/etc... do I get the additional power if I play a villian later on in the turn?

And lastly, from the Street Fighter DBG, the Soldier of Justice card says to return two cards of the chosen type to your hand. Should it instead read 'return up to two cards...?'

Thanks

On a different note, we found an easy-to-follow infinite power combo in Teen Titans that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere: Cadmus Labs + Plasmus with no cards in your deck or discard pile. This has actually happened (and of course he was Kid Flash to buy all the cards in the maindeck lol).
    Last edited by WarHippy; 10-24-2017 at 03:33 PM.

On the multiverse game setup, are we supposed to see our locations and champions before we choose our over-sized hero?

Also want to look at this

The second game ending condition "If only one player has Champions remaining on their stack, that player wins. Do not count Victory Points." feels like it has made for awkward (unfun) game play. This ending condition negates any sort of strategy designed for late game (i.e. assembling combos and point multipliers). It rewards the lucky players who get all the strong power early and just goes for champions, especially when block cards are so rare.

I really do appreciate the flavor of Last Champion Standing as a game ending condition, but not counting up VP's is still a bit much for our group. We are simply electing not to observe the whole condition since we always play our games out to the end even if one person IS clearly winning.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHippy View Post
    On the multiverse game setup, are we supposed to see our locations and champions before we choose our over-sized hero?

Also want to look at this

The second game ending condition "If only one player has Champions remaining on their stack, that player wins. Do not count Victory Points." feels like it has made for awkward (unfun) game play. This ending condition negates any sort of strategy designed for late game (i.e. assembling combos and point multipliers). It rewards the lucky players who get all the strong power early and just goes for champions, especially when block cards are so rare.

I really do appreciate the flavor of Last Champion Standing as a game ending condition, but not counting up VP's is still a bit much for our group. We are simply electing not to observe the whole condition since we always play our games out to the end even if one person IS clearly winning.
    You get to see your oversized Location before choosing your SH/SV. The Champions come after that.

If one player seems to be ahead, the Location-generated Attacks should slow that player down.

It's fine if you want to count VPs in your group. We were trying to deliver a new play experience since the format is so PvP. Keep in mind that when a player loses their last Champion, the only chance they have to win is if Deimos is defeated. So VPs are not always useless. I'd be a little concerned that the player who beats Telos will win about 75% of the time, however. He was not balanced for an "always count VPs" game. I'd knock him down to 2 VPs per player & Telos if you always count VPs.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

How do you handle the Felix Faust promo first appearance attack when triggered by your multiverse location? It reads "choose 1 card and put it in front of you then pass the remaining cards in your hand to the left. Keep doing this until no cards remain in any player's hand. Since the multiverse location only hits one for, how does this resolve?