Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VI

Regarding Multiverse:

1. By confronting, the player who defeats a champion will have no cards in their hand to defend from the defeated Champion's First Appearance Attack?

2. If a player uses Vanishing Point and destroys a Starter, do they gain nothing?

3. For Skartaris, are your Starters considered part of the main deck's set?

4. Crisis on Infinite Earths triggered Alternate Reality (from Crisis 1). The confusion was "may contribute to beating a Crisis". Does this refer to only the contribute keyword in Crisis 3 or does it mean if a player can take action to beat a Crisis, he must take action to beat it.

The scenario was one player had 12 cost worth of Heroes in his discard pile while the everyone else had none. Was that lone player forced to destroy those 12 cost worth of Heroes to beat the Crisis?
    Last edited by SpiritDetective; 08-22-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Usually a triggered effect, such as an effect on an Oversized Super Hero, happens after the card has fully resolved. Just to make sure, while I am Catwoman, can I play Lady Vic, then rotate the Lady Vic I just played via Catwoman's effect?

If I steal an Ongoing card and that Ongoing card has an "end of turn" effect, who receives the "end of turn" benefit? The player who stole the card, or the player who owns it?
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Apple View Post
    Usually a triggered effect, such as an effect on an Oversized Super Hero, happens after the card has fully resolved. Just to make sure, while I am Catwoman, can I play Lady Vic, then rotate the Lady Vic I just played via Catwoman's effect?
    Yes, you can rotate the Villain card you played.

If I steal an Ongoing card and that Ongoing card has an "end of turn" effect, who receives the "end of turn" benefit? The player who stole the card, or the player who owns it?
    That depends when the card you stole is returned. If it is returned prior to end of turn, the owner gets it. If it is returned at end of turn, you can choose which order to resolve the effects in. If you want that end of turn effect, resolve it before the return effect.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Regarding Multiverse:

1. By confronting, the player who defeats a champion will have no cards in their hand to defend from the defeated Champion's First Appearance Attack?
    Correct. Your hand must be empty to defeat a Champion.

2. If a player uses Vanishing Point and destroys a Starter, do they gain nothing?
    If you draw a random set that has 0-cost cards, you would gain a 0-cost card. You typically only gain cards intended for the main deck, "unless cost is to be considered." Since Vanishing Point deals with cost, you might end up gaining a random 0-cost card.

3. For Skartaris, are your Starters considered part of the main deck's set?
    Yes. The rules say to use the Starters, Weaknesses, and Kicks from the main deck's set.

4. Crisis on Infinite Earths triggered Alternate Reality (from Crisis 1). The confusion was "may contribute to beating a Crisis". Does this refer to only the contribute keyword in Crisis 3 or does it mean if a player can take action to beat a Crisis, he must take action to beat it.

The scenario was one player had 12 cost worth of Heroes in his discard pile while the everyone else had none. Was that lone player forced to destroy those 12 cost worth of Heroes to beat the Crisis?
    Yes, that player would have to destroy 12 cost worth of Heroes. We did mention that the card was not for the faint at heart...
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    If you draw a random set that has 0-cost cards, you would gain a 0-cost card. You typically only gain cards intended for the main deck, "unless cost is to be considered." Since Vanishing Point deals with cost, you might end up gaining a random 0-cost card.
    So if you destroy a starter with Vanishing Point and draw Forever Evil, there's a chance you would gain a Punch, Vulnerability, or Weakness from the Forever Evil set?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Yes, that player would have to destroy 12 cost worth of Heroes. We did mention that the card was not for the faint at heart...
    Wait, what if two or more players contribute. How does it decide who gets screwed more? For example, one more card is needed and everyone has contributed equally and everyone has equal amount to contribute.

Also, if requirements can be fulfilled by someone else can you refuse?
    Last edited by SpiritDetective; 08-23-2017 at 12:23 PM.

So if you destroy a starter with Vanishing Point and draw Forever Evil, there's a chance you would gain a Punch, Vulnerability, or Weakness from the Forever Evil set?
    Yes

Wait, what if two or more players contribute. How does it decide who gets screwed more? For example, one more card is needed and everyone has contributed equally and everyone has equal amount to contribute.

Also, if requirements can be fulfilled by someone else can you refuse?
    We told you this was not for the faint at heart. That is why we said you can take it out if you don't want any trouble. Probably should have players destroy Heroes one at a time in turn order until it has been beaten. You can't refuse to help beat it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thanks Matt! Your response should appease my fellow players.

If I target "once per turn" effects on Oversized Super Hero cards with two Jericho attacks, can I use that effect twice? I.E, if you "have" a Super He's game text multiple times, can you use their "once per turn" effect once per instance of the game text, netting the effect twice?

Ex.

My opponent is Katana. I control Clocktower at 180. I also control two Equipment.
    I target Katana with my Jericho and the attack succeeds. I rotate Clocktower 90 via Katana's game text.
    I use Cadmus Labs to play Jericho a second time.
    I target Katana again. I have Katana's game text twice. I rotate Clocktower 90 via the second instance of Katana's game text and take an extra turn.
    L. Dalton Duncan
    Video Editor and Graphic Designer
    Bachelor's in Emerging Media, Cum Laude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Deck-Building Game

If I target "once per turn" effects on Oversized Super Hero cards with two Jericho attacks, can I use that effect twice? I.E, if you "have" a Super He's game text multiple times, can you use their "once per turn" effect once per instance of the game text, netting the effect twice?

Ex.

My opponent is Katana. I control Clocktower at 180. I also control two Equipment.
    I target Katana with my Jericho and the attack succeeds. I rotate Clocktower 90 via Katana's game text.
    I use Cadmus Labs to play Jericho a second time.
    I target Katana again. I have Katana's game text twice. I rotate Clocktower 90 via the second instance of Katana's game text and take an extra turn.
    Each instance of the game text is a separate entity that can be used once per turn. So both instances in your example will work.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

For teen-titans, super-villain, slade-wilson, the on-going text says,
    " At the start of each of your turns, you may draw until you have five cards in hand."
    So, once a player draws one or more cards, can the player stop drawing before having a hand of five cards?