(Dc Deck-building Game) Dual type cards

We have a small number of these, that count as multiple or different cards at times. I find it a little hard for something like these not to ever been considered before, but I did want to throw this idea I have. Some Heroes and other cards interact with Punch cards, (Specifically Power Girl feeling almost always as an Inferior Superman.)

Super Punch or Power Punch: SuperPower (And starter but this could be addressed by text below)
    +2 Power This card always counts as as Punch also
    Cost 4
    VP 1

Rocket Punch or Piston Punch: Equipment (And starter but this could be addressed by text below)
    +2 Power This card always counts as a Punch also
    Cost 4
    VP 1

SuperSonic Punch: SuperPower (And starter but this could be addressed by text below)
    +1 Power This card always counts as a Punch also
    Draw a card
    Cost 4
    VP 1

This is just rough idea obviously.
    Limiting amount of them in the deck (being only 1-2 copies per card) would limit the abuse ability of them.
    I wouldn't suggest even a mid number of these cards in a set but 1-5 could add some distinction and alternate combos with cards that work with punches.

I think the whole point of giving some player cards starter-focused abilities is to make the player not destroy starters as fast as possible. The player has to use those starters long enough to make a deck that can sustain itself without their character ability, then destroy starters to speed up their deck and make it effective. Making cards that also act as starters negates that.

However, other dual type cards could be good. Maybe an equipment location, like a giant weapon platform.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    I think the whole point of giving some player cards starter-focused abilities is to make the player not destroy starters as fast as possible. The player has to use those starters long enough to make a deck that can sustain itself without their character ability, then destroy starters to speed up their deck and make it effective. Making cards that also act as starters negates that.

However, other dual type cards could be good. Maybe an equipment location, like a giant weapon platform.
    Hence the limiting of these cards, to only 1-5 in total (maybe at the most 2 with 2 copies and 1 with a single). It just to give some separation and addition options for Girl Power, Power Girl, Wildcat, Green Arrow. The higher cost than Kicks make them more likely to be focused by specific characters. Part of the issue is how similar they made Superman and Power-girl. Almost every single situation Superman is superior. Early Game/Late game/Punches destroyed the rare occurrence is if she has a filter card that isn't a superpower (Draw 2 discard a card). Anyhow it is just an Idea

I could see also
    Hero/Villain Dual types (Anti-heroes)
    Equipment/Superpower
    Location is bit of an odd one to combo with, but generally just plays as a different type card with Ongoing. (Alot of Teen Titans cards)

I like the concept but lets see if we can develop it a bit further. How about...

Super Punch
    Super Power
    Cost: 3
    VP Value: 0
    +2 Power
    Counts as a "Punch"
    When you buy or gain this card, you must also remove a "Punch" card in your hand from the game. If you cannot, return this to the Super Punch stack.
    Just to the same for a robotic punch as an equipment.