Hybrid View

Why do people collect trading cards?

I'm just to hear people opinions on why they collect trading cards that aren't card games(like magic, pokemon, yugioh).

I just don't see the point to buy cards that i can never use again. Somebody please give me some insight

It's like baseball cards. People just like to have a memento of their favorite stuff/team/show/movie.
    Collector's don't think of it as something you never use. For example, you don't "use" a painting that you hang on your wall, but it can be a conversation piece and something that is nice to look at.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I agree, its just like sports cards. Or in my case i collect non-sports cards now. I used to be hardkore about sports cards. Sold them all and got into non-sports cards. There is something about being closer to the show or cartoon when you get cards. I'm a huge fan of sketch cards. As an artist I've always been drawn to them (no pun, sorry) because i think of their technique or style.
    "Imagination is the reality of a Dreamer"

The main reason to collect comic books is to read them, but I do not think this is what you are referring to. I'm thinking it's more like, "What is the point of collecting anything?" I'll answer that and then also mention some specifics about comic books and trading cards.
    I read brawling go manga at mangazuki. This is my favorite manga.