Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see why it's that confusing. You need to declare the confrontation first in Rivals and Confrontations. In Multiverse, you do not. In Rivals and Confrontations, you are attacking an over-sized SuperHero. In Multiverse, you are attacking a standard-size SuperVillian.

Attacking Over-Sized = Declare
    Attacking Standard-Sized = Do not declare

Seems easy to remember to me.

If someone chose to do a Confrontations/Multiverse game, it could matter. Are you going to attack their champion or their current Hero Card? This is where declaring the confrontation at the start or during the turn would matter.

I would say you hybrid the rules together. IF you were to use Rivals/Confrontations Over-Sized Characters with Multiverse, then declaring at the start of turn would be necessary to Confront a players Character (so you can't switch targets if you don't think you can defeat your chosen target). Otherwise you can declare against the Champion using the Multiverse Confrontation rules.

I believe though using Rivals/Confrontations Over-Sized Characters is not recommended for use with Multiverse since it is easy to throw off the character balance by not having to confront their character (getting stuck with your Cost 9 is not ideal for most Over-Sized). Plus handling a successful Confrontation on a players Cost-15 is a complicated situation since you should not be able to win Multiverse by defeating that character and could be overpowered depending on how you deal with the "who can Confront who's Character" aspect.

If you want to play with Rivals/Confrontation Over-Sized Characters, then play those game modes. If you want to play Multiverse, leave the Character Confrontation stacks out of it (but feel free to use single Character cards if you feel they are balanced).
    Last edited by BenJazz; 02-03-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

when I got my Confrontations boxed set, the first thing I did was combine it with rivals for a fuller game, then I thought, hey what if I add some of the Multiverse Location cities, with some of the core set supervillans for fun. so I picked the cities that didn't deal with multiverse lineups or cards directly, I think that was like 5 of them, and house ruled the game end stipulation. however we kept the rules on attack, unfortunately we were alternating players in the turn order for fairness and it kinda made attacking cities more difficult. it gave us migrains as to who we were supposed to attack.

later I thought maybe we should just employ the same rule as the confrontations characters, only attack the opponents city with the lowest cost. it still seriously skewed the game. I played wonder woman, my teammate played aquaman. our opponents played circe, and joker. my teammate had a city that played off of villains and since aquaman could gain multiple cards from the lineup I sculpted him down with wonderwoman so he was tripping his city and character every turn. I think he had brother blood for a super on his city. not only did It kill our opponents decks, it made the game more irritating the champs I used for each players cities were cost 9, 10, and 11's thinking they would add an interesting twist. nope it totally skewed the game in one direction. of coarse it the fact that all supers with the same cost don't have powers that are equally devastating, our opponents when they tripped their supers, did almost nothing to us.

honestly after buying multiverse, im not really happy with it. it has seriously op cards, its mechanics are tedious, time consuming, and bothersome. and if you construct the standard game correctly with all the additional sets you can literally add all the mechanics of every set without the need for the multiverse randomizer(and by mechanics I mean things like TimeTravel, Teamwork, assist, not the additional missions or events) so far my version has gotten a lot of attention in my area. some are afraid to try it, others after playing it cant stop and are as addicted as I am.

My group handled the combination in a somewhat more streamlined way. We kept the Multiverse rule on confronting, and tied our character stacks to our champion stacks. When you lose a champion, you flip to the next character (the player who defeated the champion doesn't also get the character). When you lose your last champion, you remain on your level 3 character. As I recall, it worked well, though we never did try it a second time.

My group likes to play Confrontations combined with Rivals without removing any cards for large games with more than 4 players.

It works better than running a normal DC deckbuilder game with more than 5 players. Is such large games someone usually blows out the game and several people continue to play despite having no hope of wining or even getting close in the final VP count. If you are behind and start to use attack to try to knock down the front runner, you usually end up hitting the no hope persons also. Confrontations changes by making you a team member.

my group tried that with my game, it was interesting, for city champs I only used villans that cost 9,10,and 11, unfortunately the villains are far from balanced, some of their attacks were crap, the ones my team had were amazing, and I was able to sculpt my teammate down so he would trip his champ every turn. so in my opinion it really can skew a game. after a couple games we decided to go back to my normal brutality version which uses elements from every set. its just a simpler way to play.

Hi Matt,

Sorry if you keep having to repeat yourself but when our group read "After confronting you may spend additional power to buy cards as usual" as that you can only buy cards AFTER you have finished your confrontation.

I'm assuming now, from your comment, that this isn't the case. Can you clarify?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FasterTheChase View Post
    Hi Matt,

Sorry if you keep having to repeat yourself but when our group read "After confronting you may spend additional power to buy cards as usual" as that you can only buy cards AFTER you have finished your confrontation.

I'm assuming now, from your comment, that this isn't the case. Can you clarify?

Thanks
    You can buy cards before and/or after, but it is risky to use up Power before Confronting.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D