Multiverse confrontation question

Clarification, please. With multiverse you are allowed to both confront and purchase in the same turn, but are you allowed to purchase prior to the confrontation? For example, if you were using Aquaman (character) and you wanted to put a card from the lineup on top of your deck in order to draw it and use it with the confrontation.
    Thank you!

Yes, you could also buy beforehand, but that might not be a great plan if they have any Block cards.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I'm confused. I thought the whole point of confronting was that you had to commit to it and not be able to purchase cards, but this statement counteracts that.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought the whole point of confronting was that you had to commit to it and not be able to purchase cards, but this statement counteracts that.
    Bottom of MULTIVERSE Rulebook page 4:
    "After generating your Power, you may choose to Confront or not. After Confronting, you may spend additional Power to buy cards as usual. If your Confrontation is unsuccessful, your turn ends and your Power is lost."

So there is an element of commitment, because if you fail, you lose everything.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D