Deck-Building Announcements for Toy Fair 2018

Hey everyone! For those that haven't heard, some new Deck-Building game announcements have been made ahead of New York Toy Fair 2018 (LINK). I figured why not start a discussion/Speculation thread about the upcoming games.

Rick and Morty: The Rickshank Rickdemption - More Rick and Morty! I felt from the base game there was more to come and I am hoping this and the original integrate well. I was originally expecting a small-box expansion but I will take a big-box. Now what to do with those extra starters...

DC:Rebirth - I think with the changes to gameplay Crypto is laying out in this one, I am fine with seeing the Characters from the original set make their reprise. I have enjoyed some of the "alternative" style deck-builders that have come out recently and I am very curious about this Movement mechanic. I imagine this could be hit or miss with the general Crypto-DC community but I am hoping it provides some new breath into the system like Rivals/Confrontations and TTG! did (don't let this become the new Watchmen!).

Crisis 4 - FINALLY!!! I think this is one everyone has been waiting for and, based on the initial description, will fully embrace its legacy as an expansion to Teen Titans. The Unity mechanic seems like it will be great for both competitive and Crisis modes and the Personal Crises will make it more unique than the expansions previous predicessors. I imagine we will see some previously released character pop up (looking at you, Dick) but given the thematic ties I don't think many will complain.

So go forth and discuss! What do you think of the new mechanics? What characters do you want to see? Will it all fit in the Multiverse box? (someone was going to bring this up eventually lol)
    Last edited by BenJazz; 02-09-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

I'm wondering if the Movement mechanic in Rebirth will be similar to Attack on Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    I'm wondering if the Movement mechanic in Rebirth will be similar to Attack on Titan.
    Similar, but no Walls to worry about.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Similar, but no Walls to worry about.
    Okay, cool.

No information on release dates? I plan on going to Origins. I'm really hoping Crisis 4 will be available by then.

Way too hard to choose a release date before product is on the boat, sorry.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Can't wait for these games

How soon will we be able to get a look at what's inside these sets? Unfortunately AoT kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth so i'm a little iffy on rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschudy View Post
    How soon will we be able to get a look at what's inside these sets? Unfortunately AoT kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth so i'm a little iffy on rebirth.
    It will still be a few months.
    Rebirth is very different than AoT. No things to protect lest they become destroyed, for one.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

My bank account hates Cryptozoic so much right now.