Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rick and Morty DBG Broken

Was this game even playtested? My friend and I played this today and it was way too easy, there are too many draw cards that make it way too easy to get all the council of rick cards, and what is the point of morty waves if all you need to do is not get rid of your genius waves to negate their effect? If anything a card should of given that effect not having the genius waves.My friend and I were very disappointed by this game. I hope you rebalance the game to make it more challenging.

dude I totally feel you, ive asked on several occasions how they playtest things, I love DC DB, and as a new set comes out we always find some totally OP card that just tears the game in half. example, Duplication, play a card you just played 2 more times then everyone destroy all cards with the same name in your hands. we played that with shapeshift, by by hands. if your playing beast boy. that will happen a lot. it seems that after the teen titans set came out the weird cards that really make the game go crazy directions started appearing. not that im totally complaining, It is definitely making keep a close eye on what goes in my game lol

Vigorously playtested.

If one player is getting a lot of Council of Ricks, you might want to grab some of the targeted attacks in the set to slow them down. Or keep defenses away from them, so that when they get Group Attacked, they will suffer more than most players.

Morty Waves come pretty fast in this game, so we wanted to make sure your score wasn't hurt too much. Your draws are being hurt when these end up in your hand and that was enough of an effect.

Shapeshift can be a little broken in certain combos. I'd leave that card out of mix games. Duplication was meant to be a pretty broken card, but it plays well in the Watchmen mode games. I wouldn't play with that card in competitive games.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I feel you guys put too many cards that let you draw, the base DC game didn't even have this many, the new cartoon network game is more balanced in my opinion. I completely demolished my friend in rick and morty where in cartoon network it was a close match and this was our first time playing both games

Different sets have different themes. Part of the reason that R&M DGB has a lot of draw is so you can combo cards with Beth, Jerry, and Summer cards.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Well for us at least the two player game is way too easy for one person to demolish the other, I'm hoping the game balances itself better once we get more people playing but playing with two players seems to allow for one person to get way too many draw combos going as I said we haven't played this with more than two players though

Two player does suffer from more runaway than larger games, as there is only one person to target the leader with Attacks.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I personally thought it played well with 3 and 4. I really enjoyed some of the new twists to the cerberus engine. However, I found that most people didn't really use the portal guns unless they had something that forced them to. This was in part because the game moves quite quickly once you develop a deck with all the fixed cost Ricks. There wasn't a whole lot of time to just breathe.

In my experience with the game the real balance issues seem to come out with the Character Ricks. Crazy Rick being by-far the most effective since you draw a card each time you play a location (especially via portal gun). If that Ricks player manages to snag Dwarf Terrace IX, then they're in a pretty solid spot to win the game. It also really needed more attacks to take out locations, I think there's only like 1 or 2 cards in the whole set that can even temporarily shut off a bird-flipping, cromuloning, dwarf terracing, Couch-pizza-phoning crazy rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschudy View Post
    IIt also really needed more attacks to take out locations, I think there's only like 1 or 2 cards in the whole set that can even temporarily shut off a bird-flipping, cromuloning, dwarf terracing, Couch-pizza-phoning crazy rick.
    Hopefully the NEWLY ANNOUNCED RICK AND MORTY: THE RICKSHANK RICKDEMPTION DECK-BUILDING GAME coming later this year will help with some of those issues.

shamelessplugachieved>_>