The walking Dead: No Sanctuary - Building question

Hi,

Last night me and my wife played our first two scenarios. We had a blast, but we were not sure about how search on buildings works.

On scenario 2 (Search Party), tile B, are spaces B2, B3, B5 and B6 considered that same building for searching purposes? I mean, can a survivor on B3 do an search action and draw a card from search deck on B5?

For us was very clear that this was possible on tile D, spaces D2 and D5, since there was no wall between the two spaces, but we finished the game without knowing for sure how to proceed on tiles B and C.
    Last edited by tgoalves; 03-12-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Hi there, tgoalves,

Each of those spaces on tile 1-White (B2. B3, B5, B6) is a separate building, so you would only be able to access the search deck from space B5. Basically, any time you see a single space completely surrounded by walls, that space is a building. It's pretty common for buildings to appear next to each other, but those individual buildings don't combine to form a larger building. However, if the individual spaces don't have walls between them (like on tile 2-White), then those spaces do combine to make up a single building, and you can search the building from any of its spaces, exactly as you had reasoned.

I hope that helps to make things clear. It's awesome to hear that you and your wife are enjoying the game. Thank you very much for playing, and good luck with your future scenarios.

Thanks for your reply, Matty. Your explanation made complete sense. I'm looking forward to play the next scenario.
    I have another question, though: when an action on an ally sheet says the ally may draw a search card, it can only be done if he/she is on a building with search cards available, right? I'm asking because on some survivor's deck the actions explicitly refers to draw a card on the building the character is, while the action on the ally sheet simply says "draw a search card".

Quote Originally Posted by tgoalves View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Matty. Your explanation made complete sense. I'm looking forward to play the next scenario.
    I have another question, though: when an action on an ally sheet says the ally may draw a search card, it can only be done if he/she is on a building with search cards available, right? I'm asking because on some survivor's deck the actions explicitly refers to draw a card on the building the character is, while the action on the ally sheet simply says "draw a search card".
    Hello again, tgoalves,

That's correct, whenever a Survivor draws a Search Card, it must come from a Search Deck in a building in which that Survivor is currently standing. For example, if you were using Daryl as an ally, if you were to perform his green action, Hunt, while you are standing inside a building that does not have a Search Deck, you would not draw a Search Card. It's worth noting, though, that you can still choose to use Hunt even if there is no Search Deck to draw from; you'll just skip drawing the Search Card. You would still roll your Action Dice and assign any success you get to the Success Effects of your choice. So, you could use Hunt, fail to draw a Search Card because there are none in your building, but then use a Success from your roll to give a Survivor on your Tile 1 Trust.

There are exceptions to this rule, but those exceptions will explicitly state when a Survivor can draw a Search Card from somewhere other than their building. For example, one of the Success Effects of Glenn's Guide action (found on his ally sheet and on his Shortcut card) lets him draw a Search Card from a Building within range 1, which he can use to loot a a building that he may not necessarily be standing in at the time.

I hope that helped, and that you enjoy the your upcoming sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyTheSquid View Post
    Hello again, tgoalves,

That's correct, whenever a Survivor draws a Search Card, it must come from a Search Deck in a building in which that Survivor is currently standing. For example, if you were using Daryl as an ally, if you were to perform his green action, Hunt, while you are standing inside a building that does not have a Search Deck, you would not draw a Search Card. It's worth noting, though, that you can still choose to use Hunt even if there is no Search Deck to draw from; you'll just skip drawing the Search Card. You would still roll your Action Dice and assign any success you get to the Success Effects of your choice. So, you could use Hunt, fail to draw a Search Card because there are none in your building, but then use a Success from your roll to give a Survivor on your Tile 1 Trust.

There are exceptions to this rule, but those exceptions will explicitly state when a Survivor can draw a Search Card from somewhere other than their building. For example, one of the Success Effects of Glenn's Guide action (found on his ally sheet and on his Shortcut card) lets him draw a Search Card from a Building within range 1, which he can use to loot a a building that he may not necessarily be standing in at the time.

I hope that helped, and that you enjoy the your upcoming sessions.
    Thank you again for your help, Matty! I'm sure I'll enjoy our upcoming scenarios!!