Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Promos

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a definitive list of all the promos for each Cryptozoic Deck Building Game?
    I'm just trying to get an accurate list since I've been finding out past promos I had never seen or heard about.

I can definitively give a list of promos for DC. The first four were released in the original printings of each base set, and are built to tie into those sets specifically.

CHARACTERS
    Martian Manhunter (Original Game promo)
    Starfire (Heroes Unite promo)
    Bane (Forever Evil promo)
    Kid Flash (Teen Titans promo)
    Black Lightning (unaffiliated with specific set)
    Joker (tied to Forever Evil but released as individual promo)
    Vixen (unaffiliated with specific set)
    Skitter (tied to Teen Titans but released as individual promo)
    Gorilla Grodd (promo for Crossover 8)

MAIN DECK
    Gotham City Docks (unaffiliated with specific set)
    Gypsy (promo for Crossover 6)
    Forager (promo for Crossover 7)

SUPER VILLAIN
    Felix Faust (based on the fact that "Impossible Mode" Felix Faust is in Crisis 3, I assume this is intended to be added to Forever Evil, but that's conjecture).

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    SUPER VILLAIN
    Felix Faust (based on the fact that "Impossible Mode" Felix Faust is in Crisis 3, I assume this is intended to be added to Forever Evil, but that's conjecture).
    I always assumed Felix Faust was to be added to Heroes Unite since he has the "s13" at the bottom of the card and Forever Evil uses Superheroes instead of Super-Villains.

The Felix Faust Promo predates the release of Heroes Unite by a few months, so I have always associated it more with the original Base set.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    The Felix Faust Promo predates the release of Heroes Unite by a few months, so I have always associated it more with the original Base set.
    Do you have information on when Gotham City Docks, Black Lightning, and Vixen were released in relation to other sets? I know they're not made to be specifically tied to any sets, but I'd really rather like to have them all associated with specific sets than continue to pick and choose which games they'll be available in.

There are three missing from this list:

CHARACTERS
    Kid Flash (Teen Titans Go!) some people skipped this set
    Deathstroke (Dark Knights Metal) Not out yet

MAIN DECK
    Clayface (Dark Knights Metal)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    Do you have information on when Gotham City Docks, Black Lightning, and Vixen were released in relation to other sets? I know they're not made to be specifically tied to any sets, but I'd really rather like to have them all associated with specific sets than continue to pick and choose which games they'll be available in.
    Gotham City Docks was released around the time Crisis 1 came out and is really intended to be part of a crisis deck. Black Lightning was a promo at GenCon in 2016 along with Vixen, then got some changed wording for a larger promo release in 2017. As to the sets for those two, Black Lightning could go with any I would guess, but probably is best suited to Base. Gypsy seems like it would be a good fit for the Birds of Prey crossover pack as it uses the rotation mechanic that pack introduced. As to which set Birds of Prey should be played with, Titans probably is best with all the ongoing cards, but from a thematic point of view, not so much.

There is a Clayface promo card given to those who order Dark Nights Metal through retail.

https://youtu.be/pKoVlEhEGTs

Does anyone know if the Gypsy and Forager promos will be available in the BGG Store anytime soon?
    I brought all the other promos like Vixen, Black Lighning and Manhunter last year from the BGG Store