Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VIII

Post your DC DBG questions and comments here, especially about Rebirth!
    Check out the preview article here: https://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/...%94-overview-0
    Preview article now contains a link to the rulebook (near the end)!

Couple of quick Rebirth reminders:
    ~Line-Up slots might end up with multiple cards in them. You may buy any card in a slot.
    ~Destroyed Weakness cards ARE returned to the stack.
    ~Open Scenario packs with the number facing you. The first thing you should see is the Rebirth Logo. If not, flip the cards over before reading anything.
    ~Ongoing cards stay in play turn after turn when they are played (until used by discarding them).
    ~Scenario 6: Threat Level 5 is covered by Threat Tile I, not J. There is no J.

SPOILERS
    ~Scenario 7 transitioning to 8. Destroyed Villains are not removed from the main deck.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-21-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

"Does the Secret Card from Scenario 1 remain by the threat track for the remaining Scenarios or is it packed up with Scenario 1 after completion?"

As the other colours are named in crisis 2 expansion rules under FAQ, and as indigo is reference on ‘channeling the emotional spectrum’ from that expansion,
    Do the new basic cards have an “indigo” color?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    "Does the Secret Card from Scenario 1 remain by the threat track for the remaining Scenarios or is it packed up with Scenario 1 after completion?"
    All Secret Cards are just for that specific Scenario.
    As the rulebook says on page 8:

"If you win, place all of the cards that came from the Scenario Pack back into it for future plays (except for Side Mission cards)."
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Tsweets View Post
    As the other colours are named in crisis 2 expansion rules under FAQ, and as indigo is reference on ‘channeling the emotional spectrum’ from that expansion,
    Do the new basic cards have an “indigo” color?
    Yes! Basics should be considered to be Indigo colored cards.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Does Reverse Flash stop traveling when he runs into a hero? Or does he only not move when a hero starts on his space?

Quote Originally Posted by dagcool View Post
    Does Reverse Flash stop traveling when he runs into a hero? Or does he only not move when a hero starts on his space?
    He stops moving if he enters a space with a player’s standee.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Picked it up at gencon and attempted to play scenario one on monday. we had some rules question: when you at a line-up slot that has multiple cards, can you buy any card at spot, or only the top card? We played it that you could only access the top card. This made it really difficult to get good cards that get buried.

if it's only the top card, what happens to a villain thats the top card? does it get buried if another card goes on top of it?

if a location has two villains, one being a super villain, can you defeat the super villain first or do you have to clear the spot of other villains (similar to crisis requirements)?

i really need to give this game another go, but i may have lost my playing partner as he wasnt impressed. this was a really difficult game, more so than any normal crisis game. i dont mind difficult, but it felt like it was impossible to actually build a deck. that was one of my huge issues with the marvel legendary deck building game, it was just too slow in the deck building process. we had a rough go, trying to build a solid deck that can take out super villains at +2 with a hand full of starter garbage. normally in other games you try to purge the starter cards. but this game had really good cards that play off of those starter cards. so you have to choose, have a hand full of starter cards for the cards that play off of them, or purge your hand for better cards. it was interesting.

maybe with these rule clarifications the game will click a little better. i love the risk you guys took, taking your basic deck building premise and almost making a legacy game with the different scenarios and actions in game 1 impacting future games. im looking forward to trying it again soon.

You can buy any card from each space. There is no concept of stacking cards in this game.

You can defeat the Super-Villain even if there are Villains in the same space.

It’s definitely difficult for new players not used to coordinating their turns. Hopefully, the above clarifications will make the game easier for you. I’d also like to point out that it might seem dire halfway through some games, but you’ll be amazed how much a coordinated team can turn it around.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Does Shields Up allow everyone defended to draw a card or just the card owner?