Rick and Morty Game License

Who actually has the RIck and Morty game License? Is it Cryptozoic or USAopoly because they put out Rick and Morty Munckin but you guys have a plethora of Rick and Morty game either out or on the way out. If it is cryptozoic couldn't you leverage that to maybe get a Legend of Zelda DBG since USAopoly has the license for that because many of us would love to have a Zelda DBG. I honestly just would like to know who actually has the license to see if there is a chance you guys on the business side could get some of the licenses that USAopoly has since they made a Rick and Morty munchkin game

No one has an exclusive license. Cartoon Network can work with whomever they wish.
    The fact that USAoploy shares a license with us doesn't mean we have any sway with them.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Okay, I thought you and USAopoly could work something out since you share a license but since that isn't the case that's cool I was just wondering because there are many licenses they have that would make awesome DBGs

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    there are many licenses they have that would make awesome DBGs
    You're right about that. I still dream of one day getting a Harry Potter or Dragon Ball Z DBG from Crypto. I think HP's enduring popularity would guarantee high sales, I just don't know how difficult it would be to get a license to it.

Posting this as informational, but I believe USAopoly has a Harry Potter deckbuilder that came out just a few years ago with an expansion that came out at Gen Con 2017. The caviot is the game is purely co-op. I hear though they are working on a 2-player competitive stand alone.

Given this, I imagine we won't see another company making a HP deck builder any time soon even if it is with a different "engine".
    Last edited by BenJazz; 04-04-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BenJazz View Post
    Posting this as informational, but I believe USAopoly has a Harry Potter deckbuilder that came out just a few years ago with an expansion that came out at Gen Con 2017. The caviot is the game is purely co-op. I hear though they are working on a 2-player competitive stand alone.

Given this, I imagine we won't see another company making a HP deck builder any time soon even if it is with a different "engine".
    Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping since Crypto has the license for DC DBG, that WB would be easy to work with for HP. Thanks for the heads-up.