The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary - Secret Cards & Movement

Hi there, been playing the game for a few days and I really enjoy it.

I do have a few questions though that arose from playing through the various scenarios.

1. Secret Cards, are they optional? Do you have to resolve them immediately or can you keep them on hand for later use?

2. Can a survivor move through a space containing a walker or multiple walkers?

3. In scenario 2 of the core set, when we're instructed to place a stranger on the map but cannot do so due to the stranger reserve being empty do we resolve group tension or just do nothing?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Djenni View Post
    Hi there, been playing the game for a few days and I really enjoy it.

I do have a few questions though that arose from playing through the various scenarios.
    Hi there, Djenni. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. I'll do my best to answer your questions below.

1. Secret Cards, are they optional? Do you have to resolve them immediately or can you keep them on hand for later use?
    Secret cards are processed as soon as they are drawn. You just follow the instructions on the card, then discard it. This process isn't optional, though some of the individual steps on the card may be optional (look for the word "may" to indicate this). For, example, If you draw the Hoarding card, you immediately choose whether or not to defeat one of your Rescued Strangers. If you choose to do so, you gain 1 of each Resource. If you choose not to defeat one (or simply can't), then nothing happens. In either case, you then discard the card.

On the other hand, if you draw the Forced Assistance card, you must immediately Exert 1, even if that Exertion would cause a Survivor to be defeated, and thus the group to lose. You would then add 1 Focus to the Rescued Strangers pool, assuming there are enough Rescued Strangers in the pool to account for the new Focus. Keep in mind that even if you would not be able to add the Focus to the Rescued Strangers pool due to not having enough Rescued Strangers there, you would still need to Exert 1, since the Forced Assistance is not optional.

2. Can a survivor move through a space containing a walker or multiple walkers?
    Yes, you can move through Spaces containing Walkers, but it can be risky. Entering a Space with Walkers is easy enough, but when you try to leave, you will be forced to Exert 1 for each standing Walker in your Space. If you or one of your fellow Survivors can knock down the Walkers in your Space, leaving is no problem, but if not, they'll make you work to get away.

3. In scenario 2 of the core set, when we're instructed to place a stranger on the map but cannot do so due to the stranger reserve being empty do we resolve group tension or just do nothing?
    You would resolve Group Tension in this case.

Thanks in advance.
    Happy to help. I hope this helped to clarify these points, but if any of it needs to be expanded on a bit more, please don't hesitate to ask. Have fun, and thank you for playing.