The Walking Dead - No Sanctuary - Rule question barricades

Hi. Just want to say that it's a great game, but I'm having some questions. I find the rules about the barricades a little unclear, and was hoping someone would be able to answer.

What I have understood (correct me if I'm wrong).

Walls (plural) are orange lines on the map tiles, and you can have 3 barricades on each wall (singular). So let's say you have a building with 4 walls that means that you can set up 12 barricades to close off the building. Now let's say that you only setup 3 on the east wall. Would this barricade the entire building? So that walkers coming from the west can't enter? And regarding the total walkers trying to enter and exceding the barricades. Would this be a total count of all walkers adjecent to the building at once? Or one square at a time?
    Like let's say that you have one walker coming from north, east, west, south and are standing besides your building. Since you have 3 barricades on just the east wall does they destroy one? Are all the walkers knocked down since they attack one at a time on a closed building? Or is only the one coming from the east closed off and knocked down?
    Last edited by MariusF; 04-01-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MariusF View Post
    Hi. Just want to say that it's a great game, but I'm having some questions. I find the rules about the barricades a little unclear, and was hoping someone would be able to answer.

What I have understood (correct me if I'm wrong).

Walls (plural) are orange lines on the map tiles, and you can have 3 barricades on each wall (singular). So let's say you have a building with 4 walls that means that you can set up 12 barricades to close off the building. Now let's say that you only setup 3 on the east wall. Would this barricade the entire building? So that walkers coming from the west can't enter? And regarding the total walkers trying to enter and exceding the barricades. Would this be a total count of all walkers adjecent to the building at once? Or one square at a time?
    Like let's say that you have one walker coming from north, east, west, south and are standing besides your building. Since you have 3 barricades on just the east wall does they destroy one? Are all the walkers knocked down since they attack one at a time on a closed building? Or is only the one coming from the east closed off and knocked down?
    Hi there, MariusF. Thank you very much for the kind words. Let's see if we can clarify the barricades a bit here.

Whenever a barricade is placed, it's placed on a specific Wall (that is, one edge of the space with an orange border). Once that barricade is in place, it will only hinder Walkers trying to move through that one edge, Likewise, only Walkers trying to move through that edge will damage that specific Barricade.

So, for example, let's say the four Survivors are all inside a single-Space building. They've managed to set up a bunch of Barricades, though: they have two on the east wall, two on the north wall, and one on the west wall. However, a swarm of Walkers are closing in. There are two in the space to the east, three to the north, two to the west, and one to the south. When the walkers activate, they all try to move into the space with the Survivors, which results in the following:

-The Walkers to the east try to move through the Barricades on the east wall. There are two Walkers attempting to move through two Barricades. Since the number of Walkers trying to move through this wall does not exceed the number of Barricades, the two Walkers simply remain in their Space and are knocked down.

-The three Walkers to the north attempt to move through the two Barricades on the north wall. Since there are more Walkers trying to move through this wall than Barricades, one of the Barricades is removed. However, since there is still at least one Barricade remaining, the Walkers remain in their Space and are knocked down.

-The two Walkers to the west attempt to move through the one Barricade on the west wall. Once again, since there are more Walkers trying to move through this wall than Barricades, the Barricade is removed. Then, now that there are no Barricades remaining on that wall, the two Walkers move into the Space with the Survivors.

-The one Walker to the south attempts to move through the unguarded south wall. It moves through with no trouble.

End result: Two Barricades remaining on the east wall and one Barricade remaining on the north wall. Two Walkers to the north, three Walkers to the east, and three Walkers in the same space as the Survivors.

Hopefully that example helps to clear things up. Thank you for playing the game, and best of luck as you continue through the scenarios.

Thanks for a great reply! It clears up all the questions that I had.