The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary - Walk With Me Scenario

Hi!

The special rule mentions enemies ignoring player while lock token is on their sheets.

What exactly does ”ignore” mean?
    Only ignoring players when chosing how to walk?

Having read the rules for Stealth in the ”what lies ahead”- expansion I take it that the lock token kind of symbolizes the same thing as stealth.

This would mean that enemies ignore players both during player activation and the enemies activation.

Also, what is a bit vague is if the players still suffer bad effects from rival activations, like adding stress or exerts.
    If they are in hiding it feels to me as if they shouldn’t?

Thanks for help//

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb80 View Post
    Hi!

The special rule mentions enemies ignoring player while lock token is on their sheets.

What exactly does ”ignore” mean?
    Only ignoring players when chosing how to walk?

Having read the rules for Stealth in the ”what lies ahead”- expansion I take it that the lock token kind of symbolizes the same thing as stealth.

This would mean that enemies ignore players both during player activation and the enemies activation.

Also, what is a bit vague is if the players still suffer bad effects from rival activations, like adding stress or exerts.
    If they are in hiding it feels to me as if they shouldn’t?

Thanks for help//
    Hi again, Andyb80. Glad to see you've been exploring more of the scenarios.

With regards to Walk With Me, when the scenario says that the enemies ignore the Survivors with Lock Tokens, it means that they treat those Survivors as if they didn't exist. When activating Walkers, for example, if there are no other humans on the map, the Walkers will just stand around being confused. However, in this scenario, it's far more likely that the Walkers will be moving toward the other humans in the scenario, the Rivals. Note that they'll do that even if there's a Lock-token Survivor in their Space, since they treat that Survivor as if they aren't there. They'll happily walk away from that Survivor towards the juicy Rival they can see.

Rivals, meanwhile, work pretty much the same way. It's worth pointing out that the Rivals used in this Scenario, the Woodbury Scouts, have behaviors worked into all three of their reactions that they follow if there are no Survivors around. For example, let's say both Survivors have Lock Tokens, and they choose a Normal (green) approach for the turn. When the Scouts activate, they perform the Normal reaction. First, they try to move 1 Space toward the nearest Survivor. However, since they can't see any Survivors, they won't move. Then, if there is a Survivor within range 2, they force a choice between suffering Stress or Exerting 1. However, once again, since they're ignoring the Survivors with Lock Tokens, they won't "see" a Survivor withing range 2, no matter where those Survivors happen to be standing, so they move on to the "otherwise" clause, defeating the nearest Walker within range 2.

Basically, the easiest way to think of the Scouts is that they have two overall modes of behavior. If there are Survivors around, they'll fight those Survivors. If not, they kill off Walkers and loot buildings. And, just as you thought, this means that the Lock-Token Survivors won't be suffering Stress or Exerting due to the Scout's reactions, because the Scouts won't "see" them withing range 2/in their space/etc.

I hope that helps to clarify how Walk With Me is meant to work. It's certainly a bit trickier in terms of rules complexity than some of the earlier scenarios, so if any of that could use more explanation, please feel free to ask. And as always, thank you very much for playing, and we hope you continue to have fun with the game.

Thanks again Matty!
    Then I think we have a better chance at it next time
    We played it as enemies ignoring only when deciding direction for a move.

So then this is almost exactly as Stealth from the expansion. I guess you could basically try the mission using those rules as well and nearly get the same thing.

I hope the game get recognition enough, we are enjoying it a lot.
    Last edited by Andyb80; 04-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.