Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions about Card Wars Ol Corn Eye and a loop with Pyramid of the Sun

Yea, it's me again. Overgeneralizing this game. Sorry in advance.

So was Ol Corn Eye changed from a 1 Cost to a 2 Cost for balance purposes?

And Pyramid of the Sun states that if a Cost 1 or higher Sandylands creature enters its lane, you can return it to your hand.
    Assuming you have 2 of them in play and a SandWitch in another lane- You'd merely need to play 2 copies of Sailing Sand Crab into the lanes that the Pyramids are in, because the first crab would enter play and then return to your hand; you'd then play the 2nd Crab in the other Pyramid's lane and it would also proceed to return to your hand. But because of each Crab's ability activating because they would keep entering play, you would just play the first, then the 2nd, then the first again, and so on, and so on. Then with SandWitch, each time one of these Crabs would enter play, your opponent would take 1 damage- essentially this leads to a loop that wins you the game. You can also do this with Peach Djini instead of SandWitch, and in which case, Djini would essentially have infinite ATK.
    I was discussing this with a friend of mine, and we both came to the conclusion that this might have been an oversight on Pyramid's design, in regards to cards that were later printed. So was this the case?
    Feedman for days

Ol Corn Eye was a misprint at 1.
    It should have been a two like the others of its ilk.

An oversight, as we never had it happen in testing. That combo is not all that easy to do, so maybe it's Ok.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Ol Corn Eye was a misprint at 1.
    It should have been a two like the others of its ilk.
    Good to know.
    Now if only you made an Icylands version to complete this set... Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    An oversight, as we never had it happen in testing. That combo is not all that easy to do, so maybe it's Ok.
    I mean, you could make a Deck that's dedicated to such a gimmick, albeit, it would be full of Gnome Snot, Tome of Ankhs, Lime Slime, etc.
    But wheres the fun in a Deck like that?
    Feedman for days

I believe it was ruled in an older thread that you have to pay at least 1 Action in the cost of whatever Sandylands creature you're playing in order to have Temple of the Sun's ability to trigger.

Like, reducing Lost Golem's cost down to 0 and playing it won't trigger Temple of the Sun.

I understand that Sailing Sandcrab is worded as "play it for free", but I feel like the rule should still apply. But then, I'm not a judge so...yeah.

Hi, so I don't know how to post a new thread on my phone so I decided to post a reply on an existing thread. Sorry if I'm being rude, but anyways:
    1. Can The Pig flip a cornfield that is not on his lane when it is flooped? For example:
    * * C *
    P * * *
    The C is the cornfield and the P is The Pig. If I floop the Pig there, can I flip the cornfield ovet there?
    2. I read somewhere that when you put down the Cool Dog, the adjacent creatures cannot be attacked but also cannot attack the opposing creature. What happens when there are two Cool Dogs in the center lanes? Will there be no combat both sides and both sides will have to rely on spells and floop abilities to win?
    Thank you if you reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Chow View Post
    Hi, so I don't know how to post a new thread on my phone so I decided to post a reply on an existing thread. Sorry if I'm being rude, but anyways:
    1. Can The Pig flip a cornfield that is not on his lane when it is flooped? For example:
    * * C *
    P * * *
    The C is the cornfield and the P is The Pig. If I floop the Pig there, can I flip the cornfield ovet there?

2. I read somewhere that when you put down the Cool Dog, the adjacent creatures cannot be attacked but also cannot attack the opposing creature. What happens when there are two Cool Dogs in the center lanes? Will there be no combat both sides and both sides will have to rely on spells and floop abilities to win?
    Thank you if you reply.
    1. No. The Pig reads: ..."in this Lane." So you can't flip a Cornfield that isn't in his Lane.
    2. The Creatures adjacent to Cool Dog can attack. Not sure where you heard that, but not true at all.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thank you so much!
    1. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the text.
    2. Oh, so that means if there are two Cool Dogs in your center lanes, none of your creatures can be attacked through direct hits, while requiring the opponent to use spells and Floop abilities to win, while also being able to fight the opponent with your own creatures? Sorry for the long question, but I just wanted to be specific.
    I also have some new questions, if you don't mind:
    3. For the Embarrassing Bard, if you floop it with another creature and draw the cards, what happens when Psionic Architect enters play? Can you still floop it and draw cards after readying it?
    4. For the Schoolhouse and the Ancient Scholar, do you get to choose the cards from the discard pile? Or do you need to shuffle them and pick one?
    5. For the Corn Scepter, if I have 4 Cornfield landscapes, can I deal four damage to just 1 creature? Or do I deal damage to one creature of each lane?
    6. When the Legion of Earlings enter play, does the creature that is returned to the owner's hand lose all damage dealt beforehand?

Thanks for the initial reply and I hope you can answer the rest of the questions.

2. Your Creatures still have to attack, so they will die off eventually.
    3. You could use the Bard again, yes.
    4. Shuffle and pick one.
    5. You deal 4 to 1 Creature.
    6. Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I'm sorry, but I still don't get how to use the Cool Dog. Can you explain to me the specifics on its ability to protect its adjacent creature?

And also, concerning the Ancient Scholar, what if the first card I choose isn't a rainbow card? Do I get to choose until I get a rainbow card? Same with the Schoolhouse and creatures with Floip abilities?

Thanks for the other answers though!
    Last edited by Jay_Chow; 10-11-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Cool Dog does not protect your adjacent Creatures when they go on the attack. The defender will still deal damage to your Creature. Cool Dog's ability is only applicable during your opponent's turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D