Can I mixed multiple Crossover decks as a main deck (Without Base)

I dont like the idea of mixing the main deck of base sets to play the crossovers.

Can i mixed a bunch of cross over and form a main deck

There's nothing to stop you. I wouldn't recommend it, though. We tried it and it just didn't flow as smoothly as a base set.

Why don't you want to mix a crossover into a base set anyway?

The separating of decks is cumbersome and also you will still play largely the base set, which is something I want to get away from.
    Last edited by kser; 05-31-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Separating the crossovers out of the main deck only takes a couple of minutes at the end, it's not that time consuming IMO.

Would also recommend against playing *just* the crossovers mashed together. The mechanics between them are vastly different (Time Travel, card rotation, Teamwork, etc.) and would make for a very cumbersome, unwieldy game. But like Lex said, it's your game and there's nothing stopping you. Give it a shot and see if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kser View Post
    The separating of decks is cumbersome and also you will still play largely the base set, which is something I want to get away from.
    Sounds like you need to build a custom main deck. Its requires some time and card balancing knowledge, but its the best way to get a new experience without sticking to a standard base deck.

Thanks for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by kser View Post
    Separating doesn't have to be that bad. If you get sleeves, you can also get colored dot stickers. Pick a color for every set and mix ur own custom deck. Ez to unmix. they have 1/8th inch stickers.

Dingler
    Blog Entries
    I also favor custom main decks. There's a good thread from one of the developers, StormKing, where he lists his favorite Watchmen decklist. I have a Batman/Gotham deck and love to deckbuild around themes or even favorite cards. Not easy to unmix, but when you create the right mix it can become your go-to('s).

I actually mixed the 1st and 2nd Base sets (2012+2013) with Crisis 1 and Crisis 2. It came out great. I took out the boring cards the red martian cards and harley quinn (make everyone discard if u play 3) I took out alot of Extra VP cards like utility belt (those ones that give you 5vp or more for owning heroes/equips/etc. I limited them to like 2 or 3 specific cards (like the power rings). I made it so that deck thinning was more possible. Destruction cards are somewhat heavy like Nth Metal and Red lantern corps, Aquaman's 5 cost card, Cards that destroy cards in your hand, discard pile (Heatray Vision) Bulletproof (defense). I use this deck the most.

Just pay attention to the original balance of cards (in a base set) Heroes/equips/villains/superpowers. Super powers are the least by a safe margin. My main deck has expanded to 120-125 cards. There is a 7 cost card of just about every card type. Super Strength (SP) Starro(Villain) Ganthet (hero), Super Strength (hero) and I forget the equipment one (White Lantern Battery charger?).

I took out vanilla cards like The Flash (cost 2, draw a card(set 1) and Legion Flight Ring ((set 2)cost 2 draw a card) for Raven's cost 3 - draw a card and +1.

Also keep in mind the ratio of cost 2,3,4 to 5,6,7. If your deck is too cost heavy youll have very unbalanced games or be unable to buy cards from the lineup too often.