The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary - Bloodletting scenario

Hi

I am a little confused with the objective lock rule here.
    When finding objective A it says that all objective locks should be removed.
    Does this mean that the ”Escape Route” (objective C)-card can be gained and acted upon before players even have progressed to ”3 - Keep Moving”?

If you’d make a comparison to Traffic Jam, the earlier scenario, then as per the lock rules you wouldn’t get to start the ”Recently Fed Walker” (objective B) until you had completed ”2 - Protect Sophia”.

Thanks for answer on this.

Andreas
    Last edited by Andyb80; 06-10-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Welcome back, Andyb80. It sounds like you have it exactly right. When all the lock tokens are removed, you'll be able freely gain the remaining objective cards when they turn up in the search decks. You're basically unlocking those objective cards ahead of schedule, so to speak.

Please feel free to ask if you have any follow-up questions or anything. Good luck with your sessions, and thank you for playing.

Interesting, seems like in this case you don't want to find them ahead of time though? As both B and C is bad for you. But it creates an interesting backward scenario that way I guess. Cool, thanks for fast answer again!

[ sorry for being wordy, and for my bad English... I'm French you know ;-) ]
    I played Bloodletting today and had a hard time figuring out how to treat Objective Cards. I realised I may have played wrongly all my previous plays.
    In all previous scenarios, I used only the white area text to decide when to Advance the Objective. Objective cards where needed, directly or indirectly, in order to Advance the Objective. All right.
    In Bloodletting, Objective cards B and C incur negative effects. They are locked until Objective A is gained, because you are stuck at Stage 1 until Objective A is gained. They are not needed to Advance the Objective at any stage. Hence my reasoning is: I will never gain them. I will search until Objective A is found (mandatory). If I find them before Objective A, they are not gained as they are locked. And once Objective A is gained, I will not search more, knowing two bad Cards wait for me (the Objective C being really impairing).
    This seems correct from Rules as Written, but puzzles me as Objective C is well designed and brings lot of flavour. It seems it should be brought in play.
    So my question is: is it mandatory to get all Objective Cards in a scenario, or may you ignore some and still win by Advancing the Objective until Stage 4 according only to white area text on Scenario sheet?

Thank you for reading and for all great answers I already read. Great game BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by noelberrier View Post
    [ sorry for being wordy, and for my bad English... I'm French you know ;-) ]
    I played Bloodletting today and had a hard time figuring out how to treat Objective Cards. I realised I may have played wrongly all my previous plays.
    In all previous scenarios, I used only the white area text to decide when to Advance the Objective. Objective cards where needed, directly or indirectly, in order to Advance the Objective. All right.
    In Bloodletting, Objective cards B and C incur negative effects. They are locked until Objective A is gained, because you are stuck at Stage 1 until Objective A is gained. They are not needed to Advance the Objective at any stage. Hence my reasoning is: I will never gain them. I will search until Objective A is found (mandatory). If I find them before Objective A, they are not gained as they are locked. And once Objective A is gained, I will not search more, knowing two bad Cards wait for me (the Objective C being really impairing).
    This seems correct from Rules as Written, but puzzles me as Objective C is well designed and brings lot of flavour. It seems it should be brought in play.
    So my question is: is it mandatory to get all Objective Cards in a scenario, or may you ignore some and still win by Advancing the Objective until Stage 4 according only to white area text on Scenario sheet?

Thank you for reading and for all great answers I already read. Great game BTW!
    Hi there, again, noelberrier. It looks to me like everything you've written here is spot on. It's true that Objectives B and C create brutal (and flavorful) negative effects for the Survivors, and once they're unlocked, avoiding the search decks unless absolutely necessary is a good way to avoid springing those disasters on yourself. And yes, if you're fortunate enough to find one or both of the other objectives before Objective A is located, you now know which decks to avoid (and, conversely, which ones might be safe to raid), since the locations of those lurking dangers will now be known.

Bloodletting does use the objective cards in a slightly different way than previous scenarios, which can sometimes be a bit tricky to noodle through when first reading the scenario, but it sounds like you have the workings of it figured out just fine.

Thanks again for the solid question, and we hope you have a blast fighting through the rest of the scenarios.

Hello,
    thanks for the answer and the kind words. We succeeded to escape the town without killing poor Otis, due to Glenn, Rick and Maggie giving free move/manoeuvre to impaired survivors. But we were on the edge of defeat : no cards left to both survivors, two Exerts for each ally, morale 1... Avoiding taking action to avoid Threat dice and Group Tension... Great game!