New Rivals Sets?

Naturally the next one would be The Flash vs. Reverse Flash/Gorilla Grodd/Captain Cold.

After that, could we have Superman vs. Lex Luthor?

I know they were in Confrontations, but let's face it, they aren't very good. When doing the 2v2 game, they are mediocre. They are mostly for support. If you want to play the 1v1 variant, though, they are the worst. Their abilities pale in comparison to the other characters. I feel kinda robbed.

Superman isn't amazing in 1v1, but how is Lex bad?
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Aren't we getting a Green Lantern vs. Sinestro later this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    Aren't we getting a Green Lantern vs. Sinestro later this year?
    That's the plan.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Runt of the Litter
    My idea from another thread:

Shazam vs Black Adam
    Flash vs Reverse Flash
    Swamp Thing vs Anton Arcane

Would a crossover sized expansion series be viable?

Something like Villain packs to use with Rivals/Confrontations heroes; 'Superman Rivals Villain Pack': containing 9/12/15 cards for Braniac & Zod, plus a Rivals deck for each villain to use with the Superman Confrontations cards. Something like that for Batman could work well too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aoineko View Post
    Superman isn't amazing in 1v1, but how is Lex bad?
    Thank you for responding.

To say Superman isn't amazing is a bit of an understatement. His Lvl 1 ability is cute, but it doesn't really give anything more than an additional choice. His Lvl 2 ability hardly every triggers at all. You basically sit there hoping your opponent makes you discard a card.

Lex's Lvl 1 is one of the worst in the game. Wonder Woman and Ocean Master get to destroy, which is always amazing. Felix Faust can get a huge advantage if he manages to snag a 6-cost or 7-cost on turn one, especially if said card is a destroy card. Circe and Zatana get an early lead from deck-stacking, and Aquaman nets you free cards.

Lex gets a little cycle eventually. That's about it. Once you manage to start drawing the Assist cards you bought, you're not really improving. Chances are you are going to draw two Punches. That's not really much of an improvement when most of the Assist cards are already a +2. By the time you get enough good cards to make using his ability worth it, his Lvl 1 has been knocked out. (I admit the Lvl 2 isn't bad, but he is already a little behind because your opponent's Lvl 1 ability is better.)

Let me just say that I love the DC Deck-Building game. I have every set and expansion. I am always excited for new content. I like the Rivals set for it's 1v1 design. I was really hoping for a Superman/Lex Luthor Rvials set to be released. I wanted to play Rivals with my favorite characters. When the Confrontations set was announced, I was very excited to hear that Superman and Lex Luthor were included!

Imagine my disappointment that both were religated to "support" status. There was no way they could take on Batman or The Joker in Rivals, let alone most of the other characters in Confrontations. The iconic hero of DC Comics and his arch-nemesis should be strong on their own, and not forced to just assist their teammate.

Please consider a Superman vs. Lex Luthor Rivals set. Or maybe just issue a new set of Superhero cards for them to use in 1v1 battles. I really want to use them that way, but they just aren't able to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    Naturally the next one would be The Flash vs. Reverse Flash/Gorilla Grodd/Captain Cold.

After that, could we have Superman vs. Lex Luthor?

I know they were in Confrontations, but let's face it, they aren't very good. When doing the 2v2 game, they are mediocre. They are mostly for support. If you want to play the 1v1 variant, though, they are the worst. Their abilities pale in comparison to the other characters. I feel kinda robbed.

I'm kind of hoping that we'll get Grodd VS Flash.

We've had Captain Cold as a Super Villain twice with Impossible Mode and regular Captain Cold, but as far as I recall we've only had Grodd as a villain in the first DC Deck Building game. So it'll be nice for him to be a Confrontation character.

I wouldn't mind Flash VS Reverse Flash but I'd also want Reverse Flash to come out as an Impossible Mode version first in the DC Deck Building game.