Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones304 View Post
    Can you destroy a weakness in your hand or are you forced to throw it down before everything even if you have a card that says you may destroy a card in your hand?
    Yes (assuming you're talking about normal base set Weakness cards), you can destroy a Weakness in your hand.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Thank you Aoineko, yes I was talking about the normal Weakness, I should have clarified, but yes, and you answered my question, so thank you ! Cheers

Is there a different rule about Weakness for tournaments?

Now my friend is saying they play at game theory all the time and the way they play is you can't destroy a weakness in hand only the discard pile.

But that would mean they are playing wrong or changed the basic rules. And he keeps saying like "I've read the rule book". But I'm the one actually sitting here reading the rule book to check, but still not sure.

Is there a different rule about Weakness for tournaments?

Now my friend is saying they play at game theory all the time and the way they play is you can't destroy a weakness in hand only the discard pile.

But that would mean they are playing wrong or changed the basic rules. And he keeps saying like "I've read the rule book". But I'm the one actually sitting here reading the rule book to check, but still not sure.
    Some tournaments do use their own unofficial rules variants. My answer above is the standard way to play outlined by the rules.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi

So you have to play your weakness first right?

Then once the Weakness is in play you can still destroy it if you have a card "You may destroy a card in your hand"?

Or do you do it at the same time? Like throw down your weakness + the destroy card

So you have to play your weakness first right?

Then once the Weakness is in play you can still destroy it if you have a card "You may destroy a card in your hand"?

Or do you do it at the same time? Like throw down your weakness + the destroy card
    You don't have to play your Weakness cards first (Unless you are playing with Teen Titans Go! Weakness cards). Also, if you have a card effect that would destroy a card in your hand, you cannot destroy a card you played.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi

Thank you thank you, glad to clear this up finally I wasn't sure to believe him or not, but just because they play every day doesn't mean they are playing correctly

I thought it was wierd because I bought a card from Line-Up that lets you destroy a card in hand. When I finally got to the card and had a weakness in hand, I tried to destroy, and they told me I can only do it from the discard and that I have to play weakness first lol. I thought something was off.

Yeah, your friends are so off base it's not even funny. If you play it, it's no longer in your hand and thus couldn't be destroyed by that card. The only way to destroy a card in play is with Magic from Crisis 1, or with one of the newer sets that allow you to target cards you control or in play.

Question: when a villain first appearance says "pass 1 card to the player to your right" or to your left". What should the player do if both players on the right and left have used defenses? Should they discard? Does the last player without a defense do nothing?