Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArX_Xer0 View Post
    Question: when a villain first appearance says "pass 1 card to the player to your right" or to your left". What should the player do if both players on the right and left have used defenses? Should they discard? Does the last player without a defense do nothing?
    Anyone who defends does not pass or receive a card. So if there is just one player at the table who does not avoid the Attack, they pass the card to their own hand/discard pile.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Multiverse question.
    If I play Man-Bat Serum (and I'm gaining enough power to destroy it at the end of turn) and I play The Hourglass to put it back into my hand at the end of turn, do I pick the order it happens? Can I put it back in my hand before it's destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx_Wertas View Post
    Multiverse question.
    If I play Man-Bat Serum (and I'm gaining enough power to destroy it at the end of turn) and I play The Hourglass to put it back into my hand at the end of turn, do I pick the order it happens? Can I put it back in my hand before it's destroyed?
    Yes, you can choose the order and save your MBS.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

For the Crisis 3 Character Deadshot.

Is it intended for him to apply his effect directly after a card is discarded, or can he apply at any point during a turn as long as some player discarded.

Example Royal Flush Gang is played (draw 2 discard 2), followed by Johnny Quick (draw a card). Can Deadshot then decided to put a card on top of his deck Or does he need to decide immediately after Royal Flush Gang resolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladecom View Post
    For the Crisis 3 Character Deadshot.

Is it intended for him to apply his effect directly after a card is discarded, or can he apply at any point during a turn as long as some player discarded.

Example Royal Flush Gang is played (draw 2 discard 2), followed by Johnny Quick (draw a card). Can Deadshot then decided to put a card on top of his deck Or does he need to decide immediately after Royal Flush Gang resolves?
    Immediately. The "Once during each player's turn" does not mean "at your leisure." It just means one time per turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hey Matt in watchmen if the mastermind has been revealed its says when loyals play attacks it only affect the mastermind. Does this extend to cards that say another foe but not an attack like suicide squad or birthday cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Daxwren View Post
    Hey Matt in watchmen if the mastermind has been revealed its says when loyals play attacks it only affect the mastermind. Does this extend to cards that say another foe but not an attack like suicide squad or birthday cake?
    A "foe" in semi-competitive and co-op games simply means "another player." So you can target an ally with your Birthday Cake.
    Since SS is not an Attack, it would effect your allies. Be careful what you play!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

ok, been thinking about ancillary effects and was reading past posts, so
    according to Nathaniel Yamaguchi, CZE Playtester & Designer, back in 2015;
    Your example does not say "at end of turn." If the effect doesn't say when to return the card, it goes back immediately.

Is this an ancillary effect? Can I do other pending effects that are also pending that just might change the world before return it?
    After all, if multiple things are to happen at the same time, the player decides!
    Uncle Bill
    P.S. (and yes, I'm going to GenCon to run a mini-tournament using multiple half-decks for quick resolutions.)

Still thinking about ancillary effects.
    If I play, in order: LO.DC.The-Watchtower, LO.DC.ARKHAM-ASYLUM, VL.DC.Starro
    which in turn, allows me to play: HR.DC.Catwoman, VL.HU.Talon, and HR.HU.crimson-whirlwind.
    So, I choose talon first. This does not allow a draw via Arkham as it is not the first villain played.
    That was Starro but Starro is still being resolved so no draw yet for it.
    Then I play Catwoman. It seems to me that the watch-tower must wait for the resolution
    of starro before this draw occurs. Howerver, Crimson-whirlwind will dump the deck next.
    So, Starro is resolved and some draws are in-order. Both watchtower and arkham are
    viable. I believe I can do these in any order as they are all due at the same time
    (regardless of how or when the became ancillary!)
    Of course, this could be for any other combinations of effects and side-effects
    so its kind of important to know if this resolution is what is currently in vogue.
    e.g. Did I parse this correctly? I used to play that the catwoman would cause
    an immediate draw. Talon perhaps too.
    I await your wisdom!
    Uncle Bill
    P.S. (and yes, I'm going to GenCon to run a mini-tournament using multiple half-decks for quick resolutions.)

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    ok, been thinking about ancillary effects and was reading past posts, so
    according to Nathaniel Yamaguchi, CZE Playtester & Designer, back in 2015;
    Your example does not say "at end of turn." If the effect doesn't say when to return the card, it goes back immediately.

Is this an ancillary effect? Can I do other pending effects that are also pending that just might change the world before return it?
    After all, if multiple things are to happen at the same time, the player decides!
    Uncle Bill
    We don't exactly define anything as an "ancillary" effect.
    If you borrow a card and there is no mention of when to return it, you will return it after it has finished resolving. If during its own resolution more effects are happening, it is possible that you might be able to monkey with the card you borrowed. I just can't think of anything relevant right now.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 06-13-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D