Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Then I play Catwoman. It seems to me that the watch-tower must wait for the resolution
    of Starro before this draw occurs.
    Actually, you DO draw for Catwoman immediately when played, even though it's all part of Starro's resolution.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So some ancillary effects may occur before the resolution of a card.
    Hmm, seem to be a double rule here. Whats your rational?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    So some ancillary effects may occur before the resolution of a card.
    Hmm, seem to be a double rule here. Whats your rational?
    To fully process the playing of Catwoman, you will draw from the Location. Starro is still not done resolving, as some of the cards played are still processing. We prefer to avoid nested/chain effects. If we say that Catwoman's draw goes on the chain, and Starro's draw happens first because it was played first, we have made it more complicated for the average person to follow.

If you can show me where I'm contradicting myself, I'd be happy to change my ruling.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Long-time fan, first time poster. Couple of questions mostly regarding Watchmen:

1) With New York City (Crossover 4), since it reads "you may buy one card from the destroyed pile as if it were in the Line-Up" and normally, Weaknesses, Starters, Kicks and Super-Villains are not in the Line-Up, can they still be bought by it? If yes, are you basically buying a Starter/Weakness for free?

2) With Alien Invasion as the active Challenge (All players are attacked by attack cards that enter the Line-Up or are destroyed, if Two-Face (Rivals 1) is destroyed or enters the Line-Up, how do we resolve it? Normally the player that plays the Attack calls odd or even, but here the attack played itself. Also Broadsword (Forever Evil), normally who plays the attack chooses the card to destroy. I assume this is much easier to determine and the attacked player chooses which one to destroy, correct?

3) With Nuclear Clock as the active Challenge, rules state that as soon as there are 12 cards under it, Loyalty cards are revealed and the Mastermind is now known by all. At this point, will that person then place his Mastermind Plot card next to the Challenge area since it's now revealed they're the Mastermind or do they still need to play the cards listed in the Villainous Machination? Also will attacks from Loyal Players at this point now affect only the Mastermind?

4) I've heard about the infamous "Clayface (Base Set)-Duplication (Crossover 4)-anything that gives power = Infinite Power" combo. I assume that after I'm done playing the combo and play The Riddler (Base Set), I can just buy the whole Main Deck. If I'm the Mastermind but I haven't revealed myself and buy the whole Main Deck and a card from the Line-Up, do I win? Does the Mastermind win even if they could not reveal themselves as the Mastermind?

5) Just like Kyle Rayner (Heroes United) references played Power Rings by name, I assume the same goes for Green Lantern Power Ring (Rivals 2) and so Constructs of Fear (Forever Evil) can be put to my hand. Is that the case?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 06-21-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    World King
    Twilight Master

1. Yes

2. The player who's turn is happening or about to happen makes all decisions if any are required.

3. They still have to complete the VM to get the Mastermind Plot into play. Since the Mastermind has been exposed, Loyal Attacks will only hit the Mastermind.

4. The Mastermind does not have to reveal himself to win, so depleting the main deck can still win it for them.

5. Kyle Raynor is looking for cards with Power Ring in the title. Constructs of Fear does not have the Constructs tag on it. GLPR(R2) is looking for cards with the Constructs tag.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

1) Mirror Gun (Crossover 5) states to "put a copy of each card you have already played this turn from your discard pile into your hand". Shapeshift (Teen Titans) is treated as having all card names. Is playing Shapeshift treated as "playing all cards"? Will Mirror Gun allow me to get a copy of each different card in my discard pile if I play Shapeshift, then Mirror Gun, or would I only get any ONE card from my discard pile?

2) Playing Duplication (Crossover 4), stating that you play a card you played already twice, do you play the card twice immediately or can you play other cards before or do any other action before each of the 2 instances of playing that card?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 06-21-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    World King
    Twilight Master

1. Put "a" as in "one" card from your discard pile into your hand.

2. Immediately.

Please note that this and all future rulings concerning Shapeshift will be the enemy of fun. Or convince me that a 2-cost card in combo with something should be able to return 0-29 cards to your hand.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 06-14-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Say I play Hawkgirl (Heroes Unite) with 4 heroes in my discard pile, so that yields 5 power. Then I do something which empties my discard pile. Next I play Clayface (original set) choosing Hawkgirl, which yields 1 more power. Finally I play Indigo Tribe Power Ring, choosing Hawkgirl.
    How much power does ITPR yield? Does the power from playing Hawkgirl twice stack into 6 power, or can I choose between 5 or 1 power, or do I just get 1 power?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabon View Post
    Say I play Hawkgirl (Heroes Unite) with 4 heroes in my discard pile, so that yields 5 power. Then I do something which empties my discard pile. Next I play Clayface (original set) choosing Hawkgirl, which yields 1 more power. Finally I play Indigo Tribe Power Ring, choosing Hawkgirl.
    How much power does ITPR yield? Does the power from playing Hawkgirl twice stack into 6 power, or can I choose between 5 or 1 power, or do I just get 1 power?
    It doesn't stack up, so the ITPR would yield Power from just one of the plays of Hawkgirl. You can choose between the 1 and 5 Power.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If a card is gained to the hand by Captain Atom (Crisis 1) and is later played, and then that player plays Aquaman's Trident (Base Set), will the card be still considered a gained card this turn and can be added to the top of the deck by Trident?
    World King
    Twilight Master