Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74
  1. #11
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladecom View Post
    For Mister Miracle Character.

    1. If you discard multiple cards through one action, like being attacked from Forever Evil's Constructs of Fear. Can I choose for 1 card to be in my discard pile, and 1 to be on top of my deck?

    2. If I defend an attack with a defense card like Base Set Super Speed, when I discard Super Speed, can I place it on top of my deck, and have that be one of the two cards I draw?

    3. If I'm attacked with Base Starro, and don't defend. The top card of my deck is a Kick, and I decide to keep it on top. Is it ever revealed, and does my Foe get to play that card?

    4. General clarification, If we have to discard a card, do we choose weather it goes on top (interrupting a card effect), or does it hit our discard, then after the cards resolved we place it on top of our deck?
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. It was revealed, and it still counts as having been discarded (says so on MM), so Starro will play it.
    4. It goes straight to the top of your deck, bypassing your discard pile.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  2. #12
    2 questions for Takion with Harley Quinn and Deadshot (Super Villain characters)

    1. With Harley Quinn, does this count as a discard if the player does not receive his card back?

    2. Will this always trigger Deadshot, even if no player receives their own card?
    Last edited by SoulFire93; 07-15-2018 at 06:36 PM.

  3. #13
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulFire93 View Post
    2 questions for Takion with Harley Quinn and Deadshot (Super Villain characters)

    1. With Harley Quinn, does this count as a discard if the player does not receive his card back?
    No

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulFire93 View Post
    2. Will this always trigger Deadshot, even if no player receives their own card?
    Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  4. #14
    Darkseid:
    While you have 9+ Power, you play 3 less to buy cards with cost 9 or greater this turn.

    Does this include Super-Villains and Homeworlds or is it just the line up?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by vato315 View Post
    Darkseid:
    While you have 9+ Power, you play 3 less to buy cards with cost 9 or greater this turn.

    Does this include Super-Villains and Homeworlds or is it just the line up?
    And as a follow up, say you have 13 power, buy the top homeworld (cost 9, you pay 6). You now have only 7 power remaining. Does the paying 3 less for 9+cost cards now go away?

  6. #16
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by vato315 View Post
    Darkseid:
    While you have 9+ Power, you play 3 less to buy cards with cost 9 or greater this turn.

    Does this include Super-Villains and Homeworlds or is it just the line up?
    It would be a pretty bad ability if it only looked to the Line-Up. It works everywhere.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  7. #17
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    And as a follow up, say you have 13 power, buy the top homeworld (cost 9, you pay 6). You now have only 7 power remaining. Does the paying 3 less for 9+cost cards now go away?
    Yes, as it uses the wording "while." So you only get the discount "while" your current Power is 9+.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  8. #18
    Hi, I just tried this set out with my wife and we were curious about conquering homeworlds. Do we have to declare how much power we are using? Say I have 15, more than enough for Level 1, do I say I am throwing 9 at the Homeworld and keeping 6 to buy other cards? Then if the power I put towards the Homeworld is reduced, are my chances of conquering it gone? If I send all 15 at the Homeworld and get it, is the rest of my spending power gone now? Does this make sense?

  9. #19
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by nolabelsonlyme View Post
    Hi, I just tried this set out with my wife and we were curious about conquering homeworlds. Do we have to declare how much power we are using? Say I have 15, more than enough for Level 1, do I say I am throwing 9 at the Homeworld and keeping 6 to buy other cards? Then if the power I put towards the Homeworld is reduced, are my chances of conquering it gone? If I send all 15 at the Homeworld and get it, is the rest of my spending power gone now? Does this make sense?
    You don't announce how much you are throwing at the Homeworld. You just subtract the cost of the Homeworld from your total, and then have the remaining Power to buy other things. If you are worried about your total being reduced so much that you won't be able to buy something from the Line-Up, you should either buy from the Line-Up first, or skip conquering a Homeworld.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    You don't announce how much you are throwing at the Homeworld. You just subtract the cost of the Homeworld from your total, and then have the remaining Power to buy other things. If you are worried about your total being reduced so much that you won't be able to buy something from the Line-Up, you should either buy from the Line-Up first, or skip conquering a Homeworld.
    Let's take the prior poster's example and say he spent all 15 and announces an attack on L1 Homeworld. If an opponent uses 2 points of Protectors on him, he gets the Homeworld and has 4 left to spend. If an opponent uses 7 protectors on him he doesn't get the Homeworld, but can spend 8 on the line up. Is that right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •