Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    It says "may" because level 3 does not fully apply to both sides. Levels 1 and 2 apply to both sides. So early Heroes and Villains are very good for either faction.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Question about Arsenal:

The first time you buy or gain a card from the line-up with the lowest cost among cards in the line-up during each of your turns, you may destroy a card in your discard pile.

If there are two cards in the line-up that share the lowest cost, does Arsenal only need to buy one to trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by LexLuthorJr View Post
    Question about Arsenal:

The first time you buy or gain a card from the line-up with the lowest cost among cards in the line-up during each of your turns, you may destroy a card in your discard pile.

If there are two cards in the line-up that share the lowest cost, does Arsenal only need to buy one to trigger?
    That's correct. If there are multiple cards that are all tied for the lowest cost, as long as Arsenal buys one of them, he'll be able to destroy a card.

A few questions about Ongoings, especially now that Crisis 4 has come out.

1. You can't use Colony Suit to discard something like Lady Vic and get the extra power from both cards, correct? i.e. 2 power from Lady Vic and 3 power from the Colony Suit effect.

2. Can you choose to discard Ongoing cards during your turn? Or must there be a card that tells you to discard an ongoing card? Unity cards don't have the normal TT game text of discard this card for an effect. So other than a card telling you to discard an ongoing, is there any other way of having it cycle through your deck again?

Quote Originally Posted by dagcool View Post
    A few questions about Ongoings, especially now that Crisis 4 has come out.

1. You can't use Colony Suit to discard something like Lady Vic and get the extra power from both cards, correct? i.e. 2 power from Lady Vic and 3 power from the Colony Suit effect.

2. Can you choose to discard Ongoing cards during your turn? Or must there be a card that tells you to discard an ongoing card? Unity cards don't have the normal TT game text of discard this card for an effect. So other than a card telling you to discard an ongoing, is there any other way of having it cycle through your deck again?
    1) Correct. You get one or the other.

2) You cannot just choose to discard an Ongoing card. You will need another effect to discard the Unity cards if you wish to play them again.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

I have Ancient Map. I use Match to take control of an opponent’s Ancient Map. If I trigger Ancient Map and destroy both Cards does the opponent’s Ancient Map stay destroyed at the end of my turn?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    I have Ancient Map. I use Match to take control of an opponent’s Ancient Map. If I trigger Ancient Map and destroy both Cards does the opponent’s Ancient Map stay destroyed at the end of my turn?
    They get it back. Effects that don't specifically destroy opposing stuff (i.e. Broadsword) will return cards, as long as the borrowed card isn't in a hidden zone when you are supposed to return it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

This may have been an oversight, but... is Black Lightning able to return cards that he discarded with his own ability? As in, could he discard a 1-cost card (i.e. Venom Injector, Hummingbird Form) to return itself to his hand? If so, this creates infinite power possibilities with Lightning Strike and Per Degaton.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    This may have been an oversight, but... is Black Lightning able to return cards that he discarded with his own ability? As in, could he discard a 1-cost card (i.e. Venom Injector, Hummingbird Form) to return itself to his hand? If so, this creates infinite power possibilities with Lightning Strike and Per Degaton.
    Perhaps an oversight. Let's just go ahead and rule that you can't return a card you discarded to pay for BL's effect, just to avoid any issues/abuses.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

To add to that, what about returning a 1 cost card other than one you discarded, and continuing that in a loop? Or are each of those cards unable to be returned to hand via Black Lightning for the rest of the turn?
    Last edited by SoulFire93; 08-23-2018 at 06:23 PM.