Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    If there was an older ruling, this overrules that.
    If you end the game with a card, you keep it and score it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Wonder if someone can help, myself and my friend can confirm if He plays Dr Light attack and I have no locations, can I still use Cosmic Staff Defense to be able to gain the bottom card of the main deck. Basically can you defend an attack if it doesn't apply to you, if the defense gives you something. Playing Forevel Evil DC DGB Expansion for the 1st time last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzit76 View Post
    Wonder if someone can help, myself and my friend can confirm if He plays Dr Light attack and I have no locations, can I still use Cosmic Staff Defense to be able to gain the bottom card of the main deck. Basically can you defend an attack if it doesn't apply to you, if the defense gives you something. Playing Forevel Evil DC DGB Expansion for the 1st time last night.
    Yes, you may always defend yourself from any Attack, whether it will do anything or not.
    Note that on targeted Attacks, the attacker must always choose a target, even if they believe the Attack won't actually do anything.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    So playing Omen Super Hero, I play Match villain card successfully and manage to discard a bunch of an opponent's ongoing - I am able to bottom deck all of those cards, ostensibly stealing them all as they will be in a hidden zone at the end of my turn. When, if at all, would they be returned to the original owner? And how does one track multiple copies that may have been owned by different players?
    Hey Matt,

Match says when the foe's ongoing leaves play they go to their discard pile. Does Omen's ability override that?

Omen MC Crisis 4.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Hey Matt,

Match says when the foe's ongoing leaves play they go to their discard pile. Does Omen's ability override that?
    No.
    Match's wording uses the word "instead," so that overrides. Instead is a replacement effect, which has precedent.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So does anyone have a legitimate way to steal an opponents card? I'm just curious, could be any set or even combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    No.
    Match's wording uses the word "instead," so that overrides. Instead is a replacement effect, which has precedent.
    Ok, that clarifies things for me with my line of questioning above. Thanks to SpiritDetective for drilling down to the crux of the issue, and thanks Matt for the answer. Omen and Match together would be pretty nasty paired with a couple of Colony Suits if you didn't rule this way.

Much appreciated for the confirmation

Question , when playing crisis four and the crisis that states if you contribute to a personal crisis add a card to the lineup. Does that count for when you destroy a card for the other crisis that says when 2 or more cards are destroyed during a players turn.

So the situation was player 2 had destroy 2 or more crisis and I had contribute add card he chose me to destroy a card , does that internet mean I am contributing to his crisis??

Quote Originally Posted by dagcool View Post
    So does anyone have a legitimate way to steal an opponents card? I'm just curious, could be any set or even combination.
    Other than a card that passes (Insanity, for example), the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Impossible Mode Black Adam.