Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Have a question about the Rivals 2 location, New Korugar. Some Defense clauses might need some clarification for those of us that mix sets. Clauses like those found on Bulletproof or The Cape and Cowl are pretty self-explanatory. But consider the following:

Donna Troy (Confrontations) and Steve Trevor (Confrontations) - Do you still have to discard the card? This falls under the same "If you..." clause as the cards mentioned above.

Astro Harness (Crossover 7) and Jaime Reyes (Teen Titans) - This one is odd. The Defense action forces you to put the card into play. But what happens on your next turn? Do you just not play the card and put in your discard pile with the rest of your non-Ongoing cards?

Donna Troy (Crisis 4) - This one also seems like it just becomes a reveal Defense ala Blue Beetle, but is that the case? Do you still have to discard either Donna or an Ongoing and skip drawing the card completely?

I appreicate any forthcoming answers and clarifications. Thanks!
    Last edited by LRoq617; 11-08-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Have a question about the Rivals 2 location, New Korugar. Some Defense clauses might need some clarification for those of us that mix sets. Clauses like those found on Bulletproof or The Cape and Cowl are pretty self-explanatory. But consider the following:

Donna Troy (Confrontations) and Steve Trevor (Confrontations) - Do you still have to discard the card? This falls under the same "If you..." clause as the cards mentioned above.

Astro Harness (Crossover 7) and Jaime Reyes (Teen Titans) - This one is odd. The Defense action forces you to put the card into play. But what happens on your next turn? Do you just not play the card and put in your discard pile with the rest of your non-Ongoing cards?

Donna Troy (Crisis 4) - This one also seems like it just becomes a reveal Defense ala Blue Beetle, but is that the case? Do you still have to discard either Donna or an Ongoing and skip drawing the card completely?

I appreicate any forthcoming answers and clarifications. Thanks!
    Both Donna Troy cards and Steve Trevor become free Defenses with New Korugar out.

Astro Harness and Jaime Reyes would get discarded with no effect at the end of your next turn. You would still count as controlling them for any effects looking for controlling an Equipment or Hero.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Here's an unusual one:

Let's say I'm mixing TTG with other sets. TTG was designed with Weakness cards that aren't named Weakness. If a foe plays Twin Destroyers of Azarath, I assume this will not allow me to destroy an original Weakness from hand. But what about destroying something like Shapeshift, which also has the name Weakness?

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Here's an unusual one:

Let's say I'm mixing TTG with other sets. TTG was designed with Weakness cards that aren't named Weakness. If a foe plays Twin Destroyers of Azarath, I assume this will not allow me to destroy an original Weakness from hand. But what about destroying something like Shapeshift, which also has the name Weakness?
    Can't destroy a Weakness card with TDoA as it reads: "each other player may destroy a non-Weakness card in their hand." TTG Weakness cards are "Weakness cards." And since Shapeshift has the name Weakness, you can't destroy it either.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D