Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloJ View Post
    I had a question with the Aquaman Level 2&3 cards in DC Confrontations. If you draw during your turn and have to shuffle your discard pile, can you choose to use your hero ability before the deck gets shuffled?
    Yes, but you would have to use Aquaman's effect before playing the card that is causing you to shuffle.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

A friend and I were playing with two oversized superheroes. He was playing with the Flash and Zatanna. Zatanna's ability allows you to put a card with cost 1 or greater on the bottom of your deck to draw a card. The Flash states that when a card tells you to draw (once per turn) you get a second. We were trying to figure out if Zatanna's ability counted as a card to get a second draw. Since he picked those two characters for that reason, we played it out that way, but were curious on whether the oversized counted as "cards".

Quote Originally Posted by dagcool View Post
    A friend and I were playing with two oversized superheroes. He was playing with the Flash and Zatanna. Zatanna's ability allows you to put a card with cost 1 or greater on the bottom of your deck to draw a card. The Flash states that when a card tells you to draw (once per turn) you get a second. We were trying to figure out if Zatanna's ability counted as a card to get a second draw. Since he picked those two characters for that reason, we played it out that way, but were curious on whether the oversized counted as "cards".
    They do not count as "cards." We wanted to get this across by only referring to them as "Oversized Super Heroes" in rulebooks of late.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Question regarding Rivals 2: Let's say I choose to Confront my opponent and play Bekka at some point during my turn, then Confront my opponent for enough to beat their character. If they discard a Block card to raise their cost, will Bekka's additional +3 Power kick in (assuming it hasn't already) to raise the Power I have to Confront my opponent? Or was the amount of Power already locked in prior to passing the priority to my opponent to discard any Block cards?

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Question regarding Rivals 2: Let's say I choose to Confront my opponent and play Bekka at some point during my turn, then Confront my opponent for enough to beat their character. If they discard a Block card to raise their cost, will Bekka's additional +3 Power kick in (assuming it hasn't already) to raise the Power I have to Confront my opponent? Or was the amount of Power already locked in prior to passing the priority to my opponent to discard any Block cards?
    A Block discard will add to your Confrontation Power for the turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

We just bought Multiverse and we've come a new thing. Several cards are coming up to add cards to the lineup from your hand or destroyed. Can Starters or Weaknesses be added to a lineup? If so how are they bought? Does the next person just gain them for free or do they stat until someone choses to buy them?

The Multiverse rulebook says to only select from cards that would be in the main deck from the set you are drawing from. So no Starters. If somehow a Starter were to enter the Line-Up, a player could buy it at no cost. It is a choice, though, and not a must-buy. They would likely sit forever, so we try to avoid things that would add them to the LU.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If I am attacked by Impossible Mode Psimon and destroy two cards while I have the Colony, can I place those two cards under the Colony?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If I am attacked by Impossible Mode Psimon and destroy two cards while I have the Colony, can I place those two cards under the Colony?
    Yes.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Can you destroy a weakness in your hand or are you forced to throw it down before everything even if you have a card that says you may destroy a card in your hand?