Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,152

    DC Specific Card Rulings and Clarifications, Pt VII

    Post your questions here!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  2. #2
    Me and my friends have played DC for years. We have had arguments of how cards work with some of the superheroes. Two heroes that have been the worse have been Jay Garrick crossover 1 and Robin crisis 1. How do these guys work with cards like Animal Man crisis 1, H'el heores united, and Billy Numerous teen titans go.

  3. #3
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by xephongun View Post
    Me and my friends have played DC for years. We have had arguments of how cards work with some of the superheroes. Two heroes that have been the worse have been Jay Garrick crossover 1 and Robin crisis 1. How do these guys work with cards like Animal Man crisis 1, H'el heores united, and Billy Numerous teen titans go.
    Animal Man This is not a guaranteed draw, so you have execute up to the draw.
    Robin- You may draw the revealed card or put an Equipment from your discard pile into your hand.
    Jay- You may draw the revealed card or discard it and draw the next.

    Billy & H'el The "reveal and draw" is one effect that guarantees a draw, so you perform the Super Hero action first.
    Robin- For Billy, you may either draw that many cards or put an Equipment from your discard pile into your hand and draw one fewer cards. For H'el, you basically get a free Equipment, as you are not "charged" any cost for the Equipment, as it replaced a draw.
    Jay- Before you start revealing and drawing, look at the top card and you may discard it.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 06-22-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  4. #4
    I had more of clarification questions on some of the production side.

    I've noticed Cartoon Network cards, both the Original and Animation Annihilation was missing their copyright tag on the bottom, was that just a general oversight in the first runs of them, or was that ever fixed in later releases?

    Good example is just any super power from Animation Annihilation.

    In the original it seems a bit more random, some weakness cards, and inside jokes.

    I also know Roulette in Crossover 6 was suppose to be +1 power instead of +2 power, was that ever reprinted as such or just official errata?

    Was there also an official errata to Sharingan from Naruto? I've heard talks of it before, but the set never appeared to be reprinted or properly addressed.

  5. #5
    The Roulette reprint is in the New Gods crossover pack.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

  6. #6
    1) Does J'onn J'onzz (Base set) effect not work with New Gods crossover pack since there's no Super Villain/Super Hero stack?

    2) Could you discard as many cards as you want for Kalibak's (New Gods) card effect? "Discard a card: +1 Power"

    3) I'm not sure I'm understanding Forever People (New Gods). When you play it, draw a card. Additionally, it would stay in play because it has Ongoing. Is the Ongoing effect useless if your playing as a Super Villian?

  7. #7
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Finite View Post
    1) Does J'onn J'onzz (Base set) effect not work with New Gods crossover pack since there's no Super Villain/Super Hero stack?

    2) Could you discard as many cards as you want for Kalibak's (New Gods) card effect? "Discard a card: +1 Power"

    3) I'm not sure I'm understanding Forever People (New Gods). When you play it, draw a card. Additionally, it would stay in play because it has Ongoing. Is the Ongoing effect useless if your playing as a Super Villian?
    1. He does nothing, so I suggest you remove him, as we did at Origins.

    2. Yes, you may discard as many cards as you would like from your hand.

    3. Not useless. You want to prevent everyone but yourself from defeating Homeworlds, no matter their affiliation.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  8. #8
    For Mister Miracle Character.

    1. If you discard multiple cards through one action, like being attacked from Forever Evil's Constructs of Fear. Can I choose for 1 card to be in my discard pile, and 1 to be on top of my deck?

    2. If I defend an attack with a defense card like Base Set Super Speed, when I discard Super Speed, can I place it on top of my deck, and have that be one of the two cards I draw?

    3. If I'm attacked with Base Starro, and don't defend. The top card of my deck is a Kick, and I decide to keep it on top. Is it ever revealed, and does my Foe get to play that card?

    4. General clarification, If we have to discard a card, do we choose weather it goes on top (interrupting a card effect), or does it hit our discard, then after the cards resolved we place it on top of our deck?
    Last edited by Bladecom; 07-03-2018 at 05:20 PM.

  9. #9
    Could we get some clarification for Takion?

    If this is a three player game, do we only discard 1 revealed card total or 3 revealed cards total (1 for each player?)

  10. #10
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Could we get some clarification for Takion?

    If this is a three player game, do we only discard 1 revealed card total or 3 revealed cards total (1 for each player?)
    3
    It says to discard "each" revealed card, not "a" revealed card.
    One revealed card is shipped to each player, for a total of 3 discarded cards (1/player).
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •