Playing with 2 big cards.

So sometimes my friends and I play with two of the oversize cards and we ran into an issue using Harley Quinn and Deadshot and that is, which one do you have to use first?

So if you discard a four cost card, since Harley says you have to draw a card do you draw a card first before you stack a card from Deadshot, so you can stack that four cost card and then draw it again right away, who says you MAY stack a card or can you use it in any order because both of their effects activate at the same time. One happens to be mandatory and one is a choice which one do you have to do first or can you choose which to do first? Since this can happen in a normal game by using Jericho in Teen Titans I figured that I could ask for an official clarification.

Which one do you have to do first or can you choose which to do first?

Whenever you have multiple effects trigger off of the same condition (in this case discarding a card) you always get to choose the order in which your effects resolve.

So, you can draw a card then put a card on top of your deck or the other way around.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Hey I have a similar question. If a play with Darkseid and Heatwave, can I use Darkseid to destroy a kick in my discard pile, use Heatwave to gain the top card of the main deck and then use Darkseid to get +2 Power and draw the card. Or do I destroy a card with Darkseid and resolve his effect first before I can use Heatwaves ability?

Darkseid: "Once during each of your turns, you may destroy a card with cost 1 or greater in your hand or discard pile. If you do, +2 and draw a card."

Heatwave: "The first time you destroy a card with cost 2 or greater during each of your turns, gain the top card of the main deck and put it on top of your deck."

Quote Originally Posted by Akatzukilord View Post
    Hey I have a similar question. If a play with Darkseid and Heatwave, can I use Darkseid to destroy a kick in my discard pile, use Heatwave to gain the top card of the main deck and then use Darkseid to get +2 Power and draw the card. Or do I destroy a card with Darkseid and resolve his effect first before I can use Heatwaves ability?

Darkseid: "Once during each of your turns, you may destroy a card with cost 1 or greater in your hand or discard pile. If you do, +2 and draw a card."

Heatwave: "The first time you destroy a card with cost 2 or greater during each of your turns, gain the top card of the main deck and put it on top of your deck."
    You don't "use" Heat Wave's ability. It's an ability that is waiting for you to destroy a card to trigger it. So when you destroy a card via Darkseid, Heat Wave "sees" that, and triggers. You get both rewards, but Darkseid's ability will fully resolve, so you will draw whatever is on top of your deck before Heat Wave triggers.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-08-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Akatzukilord View Post

Hero combos that are broken by nature I kind of don't allow because it leads to steamrolling. I'd only allow it in The Multiverse really.

we used to use 2 heros, that stopped when my friend had black lighting and shazam. before the "errata" that should have been printed on the card "cough" my friend got 2 weaknesses, bought bumblebee, and bought the entire main deck. YEA>>> that also enforces the reasoning that any character ability should be only once per turn........ we only play one character, or none, we call it GIJoe mode.