Question Game Ruling on NarutoDeckBuilder

Play Order.
    Path Of Pain, Destroy this card to get any card on the Line Up (A certain Amount of Power) and put it in your hand otherwise + 1

Aquires Yamato. Plays Yamato.
    Yamato Goes to Discard Pile.

Minato Team Leader Effect is activated.
    Put any cards you buy or gain on top of deck.

Since I Gained Yamato and Played it I should still able get to the Yamato card even if I play it because I gained it through Path of Pain effect, however

My Neanderthal friends said because I play it It should no longer be affected by Minato effect although there is no ruling. A little Clarification would be great.

The Path of Pain must fully resolve, which puts the gained card into your hand. Once in your hand, that is a hidden zone, and effects don't track into hidden zones. So the card you gained will stay in your hand, and you may play it as usual.

Also, Minato wording is "Put any number of cards..." so you can choose zero each time you buy or gain a card. Essentially, cards only go to the top of your deck if you want them to.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Mhm,So I understood what was said, but I'm still confuse on the answer.
    The Card gained through the Path of Pain, indeed goes to the hand. And as it is sitll my turn. I will play the card gain as it is in my hand. I decide at this point to trigger Minato effect.

Because Yamato was bought among other cards this turn. The effect of Minato would "Put any number of cards" of my choosing to the top of the deck. So If I want to choose the Yamato that I gained and play this turn, Am I able to?

(Sorry if that wasn't clear)

Oh rereading a bit more. so When I buy or gain a card during Minato Karma Effect, that's the only time I get to choose If i can put them on the top of my deck or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brym View Post
    Oh rereading a bit more. so When I buy or gain a card during Minato Karma Effect, that's the only time I get to choose If i can put them on the top of my deck or not.
    Correct, but when a card tells you to put it somewhere else, that happens before Minato's effect.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D