Hybrid View

Walking dead no sanctuary : Ally Rick giving another survivor an immediate action

Hello,

If the ally Rick give another survivor an immediate action, it's his Red action on his big ally card.

Do another survivor have to play a card (and maybe pay the cost of being defiant again)? Can they do actions on the card or only the basic actions?

(But if an ally can do an action on their big card, how do they know their approach if their controlling survivor haven't played cards this turn?, So I assume only the basic actions)

If I don't need to play a card, how do I know my fear effects in case I need to roll some black dice for the basic actions? So I assume I need to play a card. (But that would cost my health)

But that means a survivor can play 2 cards this turn, maybe he can have 2 different approaches in one turn, it's weird but might be coherent. Need confirmation.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PlengRock; 04-03-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Hi there, PlengRock. Let's see if we can answer these one by one:

Do another survivor have to play a card (and maybe pay the cost of being defiant again)?
    When Rick grants a Survivor a bonus action, the Survivor does not play a card at that time.

Can they do actions on the card or only the basic actions?
    Since there is no Survivor Card to refer to at the time the bonus action is taking place, normally only basic actions will be available. The exception would be if some other game effect gives the Survivor a special action they can choose to perform instead (some scenario rules give Survivors special actions, for example.)

If I don't need to play a card, how do I know my fear effects in case I need to roll some black dice for the basic actions?
    Similar to the above situation, A Survivor with no Survivor Card will have no Fear effect to refer to, so in this case, the fear results will effectively do nothing.

Hopefully that clears up any questions you had. If not, please feel free to let us know, and we'll see if we can elaborate further on any of the above items. Thank you very much for playing, and we hope you continue enjoying the game.

Omg! That means a lot to me. Thank you very much.

But what about ally, they always have fear icons on their cards?

Thank you for the kind words, PlengRock. We're very happy to help. As for that follow-up question:

Quote Originally Posted by PlengRock View Post
    But what about ally, they always have fear icons on their cards?
    Yup, that is correct. Unlike player-controlled Survivors, Allies have their fear effect listed on their Ally Sheets, and thus still have them when performing a bonus action granted by Rick. As such, Allies will still suffer the effects of any fear results they roll.

Thank you again. I've read all your explanations in this forums and they are very clear, so you've made me jump on to this game after the reviews about bad rulebook. Happy gaming!

Thanks for the explanations, got confused about Rick abilities, never thought it'd be difficult to adjust to the game .-. guess played PS4 for too long, so I can't get used to another game xD
    Last edited by EmilyWan; 04-24-2019 at 12:25 AM.