Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    So I realize that DNM has not released yet, but I've noticed that the term "Subtype" is becoming official terminology. For the purpose of Multiverse games, are there any properties of cards that might be retroactively considered Subtypes? The one big example I can think of would be "Construct" in Rivals 2. But I could see justification for "Unity" from Crisis 4, "Move" from Rebirth, and even "Super Hero" and "Super Villain" also being reclassified as Subtypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    So I realize that DNM has not released yet, but I've noticed that the term "Subtype" is becoming official terminology. For the purpose of Multiverse games, are there any properties of cards that might be retroactively considered Subtypes? The one big example I can think of would be "Construct" in Rivals 2. But I could see justification for "Unity" from Crisis 4, "Move" from Rebirth, and even "Super Hero" and "Super Villain" also being reclassified as Subtypes.
    Anything on the right of the type line would be a sub-type. So, yes, all of those are sub-types.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Time for my obligatory "How does the new set Multiverse?" post.

1) Actually the only thing I can think of right now. DNM adds the new Weakness effect, The Batman Who Laughs, and Capturing and Rescuing Super Heroes. Basically, I see two possibilities here. The first is that these ALL function in Multiverse ONLY when DNM is used as the base set. The second is that none of these have any function in Multiverse, and that Weaknesses from DNM should be treated as vanilla Weaknesses. I like the first option, and I might suggest to my group that we try that anyways, as it adds more variety to the game, but I'd still like to hear what the official statement would be.

DNM question re: Wonder Woman card - I assume this text refers to those characters captured by Batman who Laughs given the use of the word "rescue." Is that correct?