Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Finished Scenario 2 today, and we're having a blast so far. Do have a question, and I'll do my best to avoid spoilers, but it's going to be difficult...

Of the 4 of us, only 3 met the requirements for our secret cards in order to unlock our Level 2 Signature cards. My question is, when will the last player have a chance to unlock theirs again? The rulebook states that there will be additional chances, and I'm not trying to spoil future scenarios, so aside from that, is it possible for the secret cards to carry over to Scenario 3 to give the player another chance? Or are those secret cards exclusive only to Scenario 2?

Quote Originally Posted by LRoq617 View Post
    Finished Scenario 2 today, and we're having a blast so far. Do have a question, and I'll do my best to avoid spoilers, but it's going to be difficult...

Of the 4 of us, only 3 met the requirements for our secret cards in order to unlock our Level 2 Signature cards. My question is, when will the last player have a chance to unlock theirs again? The rulebook states that there will be additional chances, and I'm not trying to spoil future scenarios, so aside from that, is it possible for the secret cards to carry over to Scenario 3 to give the player another chance? Or are those secret cards exclusive only to Scenario 2?
    The Secret Cards do not carry over. They are exclusive to Scenario #2.
    You should keep going. The Scenario cards will tell all, eventually.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quite a few questions about Multiverse mode and its interaction with various sets:

1) Vanishing Point (Location, Multiverse) states that you may gain a card of the destroyed card's cost from a random set in the multiverse. Obviously, the set is chosen randomly, but the wording seems to imply that the player might be able to choose the card. Is this the case?

2) New Genesis and Apokolips (Locations, Crossover 7: New Gods) have the Super-Hero and Super-Villain tag, respectively. Interpreting the Multiverse rules literally, it sounds like the first two levels of each of these should qualify as Champions, but this doesn't make a ton of sense thematically or mechanically. Should they be considered Champions, and if so, can a player use Protector to defend them?

3) Should a player use Vanishing Point and gain a final Super-Villain (or Super-Hero) or a New Gods location, would that card be set aside and counted as victory points at the end of the game, or should it be shuffled in and treated essentially as dead cards that are worth victory points?

4) Since Super-Villains in Rebirth are shuffled into the main deck, per Multiverse rules, shouldn't they qualify to be gained as a random villain from the Multiverse?

5) Regarding cards that move around the table in Rebirth (such as Super-Villains), does the text that makes them move have any effect on Multiverse play?

6) Is this interpretation of colors correct, given new card types?
    Red: Villains
    Orange: Super Powers
    Yellow: Starters
    Green: Weaknesses
    Blue: Heroes
    Indigo: Basics
    Violet: Locations
    White: Hard-Light Constructs
    Grey: Equipment
    I thought I had seen some black cards somewhere associated with Rebirth, but I may have been mistaken.

7) If Crisis on Infinite Earths (Event, Multiverse) reveals a Personal Crisis, does the current player gain that Crisis, or does it flip until a non-Personal Crisis is revealed?

8) Do the locations in Rebirth have any purpose in Multiverse mode?

I'm pretty sure I had about five more questions, but these are all that come to mind right now.
    Last edited by Broken_Pants; 08-12-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: formatting, added 8th point

1. You choose the card, but from a random set.
    2. I would not use those in Multiverse as Super-Villains.
    3. When you gain a card from a set, the rules say to gain a "main deck" card from that set, unless cost is to be considered. I would not allow a non-main deck card to be taken if there are main deck choices available. I would also recommend a card that CAN go into your deck (like a Super-Villain) over a card that should never go into your deck (like a Homeworld).
    4. They are not main deck cards. They are Scenario-dependent additions to the main deck.
    5. No
    6. Those are correct color interpretations.
    7. Keep flipping. A Personal Crisis is different from a Crisis.
    8. No.

Good questions!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Just to make sure we interpreted Sonic Cannon correctly. Like if we share the space with the villain, we choose which direction "away" is?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Just to make sure we interpreted Sonic Cannon correctly. Like if we share the space with the villain, we choose which direction "away" is?
    Correct. If there are multiple Villains in your space, you can choose different directions for each of them if you wish.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

In Multiverse mode, if a player defeats a Rebirth villain, should they gain it, it's reward, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    In Multiverse mode, if a player defeats a Rebirth villain, should they gain it, it's reward, or both?
    Only the rules of Rebirth tell you to destroy defeated Villains.
    You get the Reward and it goes into your deck. So both.
    Page 21 of the Rebirth rulebook also says that Villain Attacks will hit each foe when played in other games.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So if I play a Rebirth Villian in a different game mode, does only the attack happen or does the player also get the reward each time it is subsequently played?
    Last edited by BenJazz; 08-17-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    DC COMICS DECK BUILDING GAME FAN!!!

The Reward only happens when you first acquire it.
    The Attack happens every time you play it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D