Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    SPOILERS!!!!!!

Hi Cryptozoic Staff,

I need help clarifying this situation in Scenario 3:

Being attacked by Mister Mxyzptlk when he is at a location (or shared space) and some other Villain at my current space in the line-up on the beginning of my turn.
    According to the rulebook we can resolve the effects of attacks in any order.

If we choose to resolve the attack of Mister Mxyzptlk first our space (active player's position) gets moved to the space opposite from him, meaning we are no longer located on the position with the other villain.

Does the second Villain then:
    A. Attack and Stay (not move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
    B. Attack and Move (move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
    C. Not-Attack and Stay (not move in step 3 of the turn sequence)
    D. Not-Attack and Move (move in step 3 of the turn sequence)

My gut tells me it would either be B or D, depending on if all the attacks occur at the same time or not.

Can you please clarify.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-16-2019 at 08:17 PM.

D. Not Attack and Move.
    Attacks happen first, but not actually all at once. You don't check for Villain movement until Step 3.

Note that if the 2nd Villain is at its Destination, it will still Attack, as that is not space dependent.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Impossible Blight (Crisis 3) has an Attack and a FAA. Which of these (or both) should function as a Champion attack in Multiverse? We played such that the player whose Champion it was chose the attack.
    Last edited by Broken_Pants; 08-17-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    Impossible Blight (Crisis 3) has an Attack and a FAA. Which of these (or both) should function as a Champion attack in Multiverse? We played such that the player whose Champion it was chose the attack.
    Since most have only an FAA, that would be the preferred, but I could see making it a choice after a few games.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

A little bit of a tangent here: what's the best way to separate rivals one e cards for use with other decks like rivals 2? Also is hard light construct supposed to give you +2 power during confrontations?

Quote Originally Posted by unLimitedEnds View Post
    A little bit of a tangent here: what's the best way to separate rivals one e cards for use with other decks like rivals 2? Also is hard light construct supposed to give you +2 power during confrontations?
    Probably the copyright date. Note that most of the cards are very Batman and Joker-centric as well.

You always get the text at the top of the card no matter when you play a card. The text after a keyword never voids the normal play text, unless the keyword text uses the word "instead." Defenses aren't played vs an Attack, so that is why their game text doesn't apply.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Oh I meant, if I wanted to do like Green Lantern vs Batman or something, what's the best way to make the main deck consisting of Green Lantern cards (which have the symbol) and Rivals 1 cards (which don't separate cards into Batman cards and Joker cards)? Sorry if this is confusing.

All of the Batman cards are pretty obviously Batman cards based on flavor.

I personally would consider the following to be Batman cards:

All Rivals 1 Heroes
    Batarang
    Billionaire
    Grappling Hook
    Master Martial Artist
    The Bat-Signal
    The Batcave
    Utility Belt
    Wayne Manor
    World's Greatest Detective

Just a warning though...my group has mixed both Rivals sets before. The game skews heavily in favor of the Lanterns.

Rebirth Super-Villans attacks

Ok, I may really just be overlooking something simple here but I need a little more clarification about the Super-Villans attacks. 1. so the super Villans will only attack during phase 2 "IF" they are in their location or in a location with the active player. So where my question come in is that when a super villan has a "global" attack as opposed to a personal one. i.e. Doomsday who damages locations. So that attack will happen globally if the conditions are met? the only reason I ask is that it seems a little out of theme for a villan to be attacking a single player but the attack be a global one as well as that attack only happening when they share a space with the active player (if they are not at their location). 2. if that player used a defense card, does that defend the entire attack? even if it is a "global attack? again, i just want to make sure I am playing the right way thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sethteegarden View Post
    Ok, I may really just be overlooking something simple here but I need a little more clarification about the Super-Villans attacks. 1. so the super Villans will only attack during phase 2 "IF" they are in their location or in a location with the active player. So where my question come in is that when a super villan has a "global" attack as opposed to a personal one. i.e. Doomsday who damages locations. So that attack will happen globally if the conditions are met? the only reason I ask is that it seems a little out of theme for a villan to be attacking a single player but the attack be a global one as well as that attack only happening when they share a space with the active player (if they are not at their location). 2. if that player used a defense card, does that defend the entire attack? even if it is a "global attack? again, i just want to make sure I am playing the right way thank you!
    1. Best to not think of any of the Attacks as Global. Just because an Attack seems to hurt everyone doesn't make it a Global effect. If you are preventing a Super-Villain from reaching its Destination by sharing a space with it, you have engaged that SV and it will only Attack you at the start of your turn. However, if the SV gets to its Destination, their evil plan has come together and they are now taunting the Heroes. The Attacks are not Global because the SV focuses only on the active player, who is the only one who could stop them in that moment.

2. The only thing close to a Global effect would be a Super-Villain Attacking everyone when it first enters the Line-Up. Most Defense cards only protect you. Some Rebirth Defense cards can be used to protect multiple Characters. No Defense card automatically causes all players to avoid an Attack.

Reminder: If you share a space with a Villain at its Destination, you are not Attacked twice at the start of your turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D