Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 89
  1. #41
    For clarification, say I'm playing as Batman in Rebirth and another player uses a card to defend me against an attack, does Batman's ability trigger as I've avoided an attack, or does the fact that I'm not the one actively avoiding it nullify the effect?

  2. #42
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    For clarification, say I'm playing as Batman in Rebirth and another player uses a card to defend me against an attack, does Batman's ability trigger as I've avoided an attack, or does the fact that I'm not the one actively avoiding it nullify the effect?
    Batman is the one being Attacked, so he is the one avoiding the Attack. Doesn't matter who controls the Defense. Batman's ability will trigger.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by sethteegarden View Post
    Ok, I may really just be overlooking something simple here but I need a little more clarification about the Super-Villans attacks. 1. so the super Villans will only attack during phase 2 "IF" they are in their location or in a location with the active player. So where my question come in is that when a super villan has a "global" attack as opposed to a personal one. i.e. Doomsday who damages locations. So that attack will happen globally if the conditions are met? the only reason I ask is that it seems a little out of theme for a villan to be attacking a single player but the attack be a global one as well as that attack only happening when they share a space with the active player (if they are not at their location). 2. if that player used a defense card, does that defend the entire attack? even if it is a "global attack? again, i just want to make sure I am playing the right way thank you!
    Thematic explanation: Doomsday is heading to specific destination with the intention of destroying it. A superhero can get in the way and prevent him from getting there. However, if you are not properly prepared (ie have a Defense) while engaging him, there will be collateral damage and he’ll damage the closest Location you are battling at.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

  4. #44
    Who gets to move from Major Disaster’s reward? Is it the target player that draws the card or the player that defeated Major Disaster?

    If you already defeated a villain and then play Dr Fate, are you able to get that defeated villain’s reward again?

  5. #45
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    Who gets to move from Major Disaster’s reward? Is it the target player that draws the card or the player that defeated Major Disaster?
    The active player moves. If we wanted the person who drew the card to move, it would be written as:
    "Target player draws a card, then places their Character on any space."

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If you already defeated a villain and then play Dr Fate, are you able to get that defeated villain’s reward again?
    No, you wouldn't. His ability modifies the action of collecting a reward instead of triggering it again.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  6. #46

    Rebirth Question: Batsignal

    My group is Completely confused about how batsignal works in this game. The rule book says villains never go into your deck, the batsignal says to add the super-villian into your hand. How does this work?

  7. #47
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    My group is Completely confused about how batsignal works in this game. The rule book says villains never go into your deck, the batsignal says to add the super-villian into your hand. How does this work?
    The "it" is referring to the Hero in your discard pile you are manipulating.
    Correct, you can't have Villains in your hand or discard pile, so we figured it would be clear enough. But perhaps not.

    PS: Whenever you see the word "instead," it is typically modifying a previous action on the card. Very rarely does an "instead" create a brand new effect totally unrelated to the previous action.
    PPS: Putting a Super-Villain into your hand would be bad in most Scenarios, as it would not count as having defeated it!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 08-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  8. #48
    Hi Matt, Nathaniel and everyone at Cryptozoic. I just want to say thanks for making such a great game. I really enjoy the DCDBG and look forward to collecting the remaining expansions.

    I know this was answered a while back but I'd like some clarification to be sure for the Crisis 1 pack.

    Question by JOKES-ON-YOU
    This feels like a simple question, but we encountered this problem today with crisis. Does the crisis card "Untouchable Villain" require each player to destroy eight cost exactly of cards from their hands, or can the total be over eight?
    Reply by aoineko
    Like Identity Crisis you have to destroy "at least" 8 cost worth of cards.

    The Untouchable Villlain 'to beat' text says: "each player must destroy 8 cost worth of cards in his hand (Destroy cards only with cost 1 or greater)".

    Is this a) destroy 8 cards in your hand with a cost of 1 or greater not b) destroy cards in your hand with at least a combined cost of 8?

  9. #49
    Cryptozoic Employee Matt_Hyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroBurn View Post
    The Untouchable Villlain 'to beat' text says: "each player must destroy 8 cost worth of cards in his hand (Destroy cards only with cost 1 or greater)".

    Is this a) destroy 8 cards in your hand with a cost of 1 or greater not b) destroy cards in your hand with at least a combined cost of 8?
    8 Cost worth of cards. Most folks destroy 2 cards to get to 8 cost.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

  10. #50
    Spoilers.....













    Forgive me, I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, but I hope Matt can answer this for me. We were playing I believe Scenario 6 this weekend wherein one player is dealt a secret card that they reveal if they have been attacked twice in a turn I think. There's a big space and then a new set of text that says words to the effect that once this turn you can remove a damage from a location your standee is on. Does this have to be the turn you are attacked twice and reveal the secret card, or can you bank it until you get to a location you want to be at, or just plan it out to get the villains to come to you and lay in wait?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •