Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    Spoilers.....

Thrice in one turn, actually.
    Yes, it does have to be that turn. The wording is: "Once during this turn" and since you just flipped it face up during your turn, this is that turn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Interesting contradiction in the Rebirth rules:

Under "Weakness", it is stated "Destroyed Weakness cards are returned to their stack."

However

"Destroying Cards" states "If Weaknesses and Basic Cards are destroyed, they do not go back to their respective stacks."

I'm inclined to lean into the second statement when not playing Impossible Mode, given the formula established by previous expansions of DCDBG. But which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    Interesting contradiction in the Rebirth rules:

Under "Weakness", it is stated "Destroyed Weakness cards are returned to their stack."

However

"Destroying Cards" states "If Weaknesses and Basic Cards are destroyed, they do not go back to their respective stacks."

I'm inclined to lean into the second statement when not playing Impossible Mode, given the formula established by previous expansions of DCDBG. But which is correct?
    Rebirth FAQ can be found at the first post of this thread.

~Destroyed Weakness cards ARE returned to the stack.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 09-11-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Spoiler question

Does Mister Mxyzptlk move when he's already at a base? The text says he attacks and then moves and all bases are considered home to him, so does he just run from one to the other unless you keep him contained? If so, very good game interpretation of him.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    Spoiler question

Does XXXXXX move when he's already at a base? The text says he attacks and then moves and all bases are considered home to him, so does he just run from one to the other unless you keep him contained? If so, very good game interpretation of him.
    Yes, as the movement is a side effect of his Attack. He isn't always at a Location at the start of a player's turn, but when he is, he Attacks, then moves, unless the Attack is avoided. See FAQ on page 21 of Rulebook: Scenario 3 Spoiler

Glad you like him! Much mayhem!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 09-12-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Awesome game! Congrats to all the people behind this.

A couple of questions:

1- Are Zodiac Crystals stackable? If I play two ZC on the same turn, does the current Super-Villains cost 4 less to defeat?

2- If 5 Super-Villains have been defeated but there are still more rounds to play, can we keep on playing until finish them? This could be useful for accomplishing side missions.

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have in mind future expansions for Rebirth? Count me in for having a copy of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Awesome game! Congrats to all the people behind this.

A couple of questions:

1- Are Zodiac Crystals stackable? If I play two ZC on the same turn, does the current Super-Villains cost 4 less to defeat?

2- If 5 Super-Villains have been defeated but there are still more rounds to play, can we keep on playing until finish them? This could be useful for accomplishing side missions.

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have in mind future expansions for Rebirth? Count me in for having a copy of all of them.
    1. Yes
    2. No

Glad you like the game!
    As for Rebirth expansions, not ready to talk about that, yet, but you can imagine some of the things we are likely to do.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Several questions...

1) A Super-Villain attacks me at the start of my turn because my standee is sharing a space with it. The Super-Villain and my character are between locations. If I don't defend, no Location is damaged, correct (except for Doomsday)?

2) Does every player need to defend against Doomsday's First Appearance Attack in order to have no damage dealt to a location? Does Doomsday cause 1 damage for each player that does not defend?

3) Same with the "Scenario 3 Super-Villain" First Appearance Attack. Will he move once for each player who does not defend, potentially causing damage to two locations if there are four players, all of whom do not defend?

4) Super Speed allows the player to avoid an attack, draw a card, and move one space. If that player is attacked by multiple Villains at their location at the start of their turn, can the player use Super Speed to avoid the first attack, move, and therefore "avoid" the subsequent attacks?

5) When it comes to completing the Krypto and The Ray side quests: Do the Villains/Super-Villains need to be defeated during a single player's turn, or a single go around the table?

6) Containment tokens only stop a Villain from moving, correct? They can still attack?

1) Super-Villains (except Doomsday) only Damage Locations if they Attack from their destination.

2) Yes, it's 1 Damage per undefended player.

3) Yes, per player, but see answer 1.

4) Yes. (This is covered in the Defense section.)

5) Single player's turn.

6) Correct. Only stops movement.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Glad you like the game!
    As for Rebirth expansions, not ready to talk about that, yet, but you can imagine some of the things we are likely to do.
    ...Dark Nights Metal