Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Need clarification on the Kyle Rainer card in the Heroes United set. I’ve searched all over and haven’t found the answer so I apologize if it has and I just didn’t type in the keywords. My friend and I have debated the card text where I feel that the “ors” in the card are inclusive but my friend says they are not. Example, any power ring card regardless of played / will play / discard counts towards bonuses. My friend says it can only be one of those as most cards that use “or” denote a choice. I see his point but I also see mine.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hryiol View Post
    Need clarification on the Kyle Rainer card in the Heroes United set. I’ve searched all over and haven’t found the answer so I apologize if it has and I just didn’t type in the keywords. My friend and I have debated the card text where I feel that the “ors” in the card are inclusive but my friend says they are not. Example, any power ring card regardless of played / will play / discard counts towards bonuses. My friend says it can only be one of those as most cards that use “or” denote a choice. I see his point but I also see mine.

Thanks.
    You can count them for all of the options. So played and in discard are both counted.
    Nathaniel Yamaguchi
    CZE Playtester & Designer

Another couple of Rebirth/Multiverse questions:

As Range does not exist in Multiverse, should all things be considered in Range or out of Range? Likewise, should cards that count Villains on your space count all Villains in a Line-Up (essentially your "space") or no Villains at all (since you don't actual have a space)?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Pants View Post
    Another couple of Rebirth/Multiverse questions:

As Range does not exist in Multiverse, should all things be considered in Range or out of Range? Likewise, should cards that count Villains on your space count all Villains in a Line-Up (essentially your "space") or no Villains at all (since you don't actual have a space)?
    You have no spatial relations to the Line-Up, so Range in moot. You would not count Villains in the Line-Up as being in your "space."
    You do have spatial relations to the other players in Multiverse, so cards looking at that might work.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

My friend was curious as to why there is a Hero card for each member of the Justice League in Rebirth except for Wonder Woman.
    Superman (7)
    Batman (6)
    Flash (6)
    Jessica Cruz (4)
    Simon Baz (4)
    Cyborg (3)
    Aquaman (3)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    My friend was curious as to why there is a Hero card for each member of the Justice League in Rebirth except for Wonder Woman.
    Superman (7)
    Batman (6)
    Flash (6)
    Jessica Cruz (4)
    Simon Baz (4)
    Cyborg (3)
    Aquaman (3)
    Hey - yeah! Make a promo card maybe?

There is a Wonder Woman card in Rebirth.
    5 cost Hero with Assist, that gives you access to more Assist.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

If I'm sitting on a villain and get attacked at the start of my turn, and I use Supersuit to move off and move onto another villain, do I get attacked by the other villain too? (I moved onto them to utilize a defense card, for example)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDetective View Post
    If I'm sitting on a villain and get attacked at the start of my turn, and I use Supersuit to move off and move onto another villain, do I get attacked by the other villain too? (I moved onto them to utilize a defense card, for example)
    No, you do not incur additional Attacks.
    This is mentioned on rulebook page 14, last sentence of the second paragraph (dealing with moving as part of a Defense): "Moving into a new space does not trigger additional Attacks from Villains in the new space."
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    There is a Wonder Woman card in Rebirth.
    5 cost Hero with Assist, that gives you access to more Assist.
    D'oh!
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 11-04-2019 at 12:00 PM.