Will DC Deck Building Teen Titans and Forever Evil be available online

Hello,

I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this pandemic. With the stay at home orders, my friends and I have been hanging out virtually. We decided not to hang out again until there were fewer cases, the stay at home orders are lifted and all businesses reopen. Before, we used to play all the physical copies of DC Deck Building but we don't know when we'll be able to hang out again.

We were curious if DC Deck Building Teen Titans and Forever evil are available online? Recently, each of us downloaded Steam and have been playing on Tabletop Simulator. We were wondering if DC Deck Building games will be available for Tabletop Simulator or were sold separately as online computer games for PC and Mac?

I believe there are licensing issues that would prevent Cryptozoic from doing an electronic version of DC. There is a game called "Shards the Deckbuilder" you can get on Steam or as an app that was designed by Matt I believe that is virtually the same as the Base game with a fantasy motif.
    There are Workshop Mods you can download on Steam that skin the Cerberus Engine games for Tabletop Simulator. That's how some friends and I are playing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    I believe there are licensing issues that would prevent Cryptozoic from doing an electronic version of DC. There is a game called "Shards the Deckbuilder" you can get on Steam or as an app that was designed by Matt I believe that is virtually the same as the Base game with a fantasy motif.
    There are Workshop Mods you can download on Steam that skin the Cerberus Engine games for Tabletop Simulator. That's how some friends and I are playing right now.
    Hi gerrymul. Thank you for your response and suggestion. I went to check "Shards the Deckbuilder" on Steam but didn't find a way to download it. I saw an "Early Access" feature but then came across a message from the company, 80sArcade, that they were shutting down due to "not enough overall energy in game to support continued development at this time" as well as "turbulent economic times we are grappling with these days." Servers for "Shards the Deckbuilder" will come down on May 15. Now I'm concerned about Tabletop Simulator and any other online games.

That is too bad about Shards. I haven't played it in some time. I don't know that Tabletop is in any danger. Shards never got much traction and didn't generate a whole lot of revenue, as opposed to Steam that has lots of DLC for sale. Besides, the only thing you are buying with Tabletop to play the DCDB games is the simulator. The workshop mods are free fan content, which is how they skirt around copyright I'm guessing.
    Last edited by gerrymul; 04-21-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymul View Post
    That is too bad about Shards. I haven't played it in some time. I don't know that Tabletop is in any danger. Shards never got much traction and didn't generate a whole lot of revenue, as opposed to Steam that has lots of DLC for sale. Besides, the only thing you are buying with Tabletop to play the DCDB games is the simulator. The workshop mods are free fan content, which is how they skirt around copyright I'm guessing.
    I found one with the original game. I hope the Teen Titans and Forever Evil expansions become available online.