Transcendent Rick Question

My question is if I play a portal gun and discard a council card does that trigger transcendent Rick to draw a card

No. Bold text, followed by a colon indicates that the text is a cost. You cannot pay a cost while paying another cost (discarding for the Portal Gun) or resolving an effect. To pay a cost, you must do only that thing while no other effects are resolving.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

So are you saying that anyone’s turn I can discard a Council card to avoid an attack and draw a card, and also on my turn I can discard a Council card to draw a card. And this is an unlimited affect for this “character”?
    #DHDTABLETALK

Correct. You don’t have to be under attack to use his ability.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    No. Bold text, followed by a colon indicates that the text is a cost. You cannot pay a cost while paying another cost (discarding for the Portal Gun) or resolving an effect. To pay a cost, you must do only that thing while no other effects are resolving.
    Thanks for the clarification matt. I was about to ask the same question on this forum but realized to check the recent forums first. Anyways, thanks again
    Bruuuupp!