Sanctioning a tournament.

I remember reading that you can not get your tournament sanctioned that let's say you played 2 days ago (or few hours ago), is that correct?

If that is correct, will there be a somekind of opportunity to sanction a tournament after you held it.
    Thanks!

Hi there,

There is no opportunity to sanction a tournament after you held it. You must presanction tournament before they happen. You can always cancel a tournament that was sanctioned, but never happened.

Thanks for a fast reply!
    But let's say I'll have to cancel alot of tournaments (Players just woun't show up). Will it somehow be suspecious or anything?
    Thanks!

Not really.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I was recently in a similar situation. We run drafts after the main event on Saturdays and there are "open play" days on Sundays and Tuesdays where players can draft, 2-pack, sealed or whatever they like. Many of my players have asked if either the Saturday draft or an event on the open play days could be sanctioned.
    Based on guidance (thanks Ry!) I started doing what Alex has explained here, sanctioning an event and then canceling it if one does not fire for whatever reason. I entered all of my events as drafts, as that is what most of my players have requested, however tonight's event ended up being Core Constructed.
    All that was asked of me was to make it clear to my player base that the format for these non-specific events might change from what is listed on the locations page. Super nice guy that he is, Ry even went in and changed tonight's format to Core on the listing.