PDA

View Full Version : Utopian Chaos

Pages : [1] 2

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 06:51 AM
EDIT - I am going to close open registration at this point. Sorry to everyone else who is interested. We will organise an application process for those who are still interested.

Please visit the website www.utopianchaos.com and follow the link to the forums to sign up. Feel free to hang out and talk about things. Active participants will be considered for guild membership :)

Ok, taking this post seriously, cause I like the idea of being part of the first large guild on launch!

Who am I?

Im a 20-something guy who loves strategy gaming. I love Card games, TCGs, Board games and aRPGs and turn based tactical simulators! I have been hooked on MtG since the first time I opened a Gaia's Liege in a booster. However, I have recently moved and my "local" store is more than an hour and a half away, so I have started scouring the internet for alternatives!

What do I want?

I really want to be involved in a game (or two) with a great, healthy, friendly community. As much as I am excited about Hex, about all the new cards, all the new mechanics, all the new equipment and raids and lions and tigers and bears... I am REALLY excited about the community! One of the best things about hobby gaming is going into the store on your day off, and leaving when they shut the doors for the night. Hanging with the guys, joking about powerlevels over and above 9000, rainbow farting feline pastries and all the other stupid shit guys like me get amused by. I want that, but I want to be able to do it while wearing my Pikachu Onesie.

What are my goals?

I envision Utopian Chaos to be more Utopia, less Chaos. I would LIKE to field some of the better players in the guild. I would like to churn out World Champion Hex players, while still encouraging relaxed friendships and dicking around with PvE content. But more important than any of that is creating a respectful environment for people to relax and enjoy the game at their own pace. I want to surround myself with experts and noobs alike, and hope that we can work together to increase the enjoyment of the game with a sense of belonging and camaraderie.

I want to take the douchebag anonymity Theory and punch it in the face. We may not know each other personally, but I want us all to recognise there are people on the other end of those monitors, and those people are probably pretty awesome.

I also want to become the prominent Hex Youtube personality. If you are in my guild, I will probably harass you to watch and subscribe to my channels. I'll make up for it by trying to get a video with you, be it in a pvp or pve context! (Save yourself future harassment, go subscribe to my youtube channel now! Link in my signature)

I am a competitive player, I am not all hugs and puppy dogs and carebear stares. I would like to have some people who really wanna push their game to the limit to grind out matches against the meta before tournaments, staying up way too late for something that really doesnt matter, but having a great time while doing it!

I want other people who share all these ideals to come into the fold and help me make a great guild!

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Heh, i definetly am going to be looking for a guild, but i'm worried about stacking too many people with the guild leader perks.

Devaux
05-10-2013, 11:28 AM
What do you envision your guild doing?

Will it be mostly people who want to raid together? draft junkies? tournament testers? just dudes looking to hang out?

Thanisse
05-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I would love joining a guild as soon as I decide what I want to do .
I am a huge fan of PvE , but LOVE drafting as well ... not sure if I will ever have enough good cards for contructed though xD

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 12:38 AM
I honestly dont think there will be a focus. I like dueling, going head to head. I enjoy tournaments. I LOVE LOVE LOVE drafting and sealed. And I am SUPER excited to hit the PvE scene.

If I had to pick a major and minor focus, I would say Drafting, PvE. But Id rather not do that.

Malama
05-11-2013, 02:48 AM
I might be interested, but it's hard to say at this early stage.
I am not sure where I stand with this game yet, or where my friends stand.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 03:55 AM
As I mentioned on the kickstarter comments: The update of the initial post does at least get my interest now, while I didn't feel comfortable at all at first. I do have some questions though, since I'm still deciding whether or not to join or found a guild on my own:

a: Are you planning on setting up a decent homepage / forum?
b: Are you going to stay that involved with HEX, like you did for the last 1-2 days? I'm a bit worried due to all the Infinity Wars-Talk from you up to now.

Community Management is something very important to me and a stable foundation is key to the success of a guild. I am planning on taking my TCG-Play to the next level with HEX and I'll definitively draft and play tournaments regularly, but respect and solidarity is very important to me. I'm not very fond of forcing people into a playstyle they dislike and I'm not very fond of people trying to become some celebrity due to loud-talking.

I'm not saying you are trying to, I'm just raising my concerns, because HEX is something that really did blow my mind and since I'm no guild hopper and want this to be an awesome ride all the way, I'd rather carefully make a decision regarding a guild from the start :)

Rapkannibale
05-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Definitely sounds interesting. Will you try to get a good mix of players from all over the world or will you focus on one region?

I am in Sweden so I would like to join a guild that has a good number of people in the same time zone.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 04:49 AM
@Storm Im a loud personality. Its true. I find things I am passionate about, and I stick to them. Infinity Wars was my sole passion until hex came along. These two passions are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I plan on being as involved in Hex as I am currently, even more so when there is something to be involved in :P

Trying to gain celebrity by speaking loud. Perhaps...? I wont say no. Is it bad to want to be admired and respected among your community? Is it bad to want to be a known source of information and assistance? If you look at all my posts in the forums, I have tried hard to encourage conversation, I have tried hard to discourage arguments. If you look at my current videos on Youtube, more than show off the gameplay of Infinity Wars (and my leet skills), I try and TEACH the gameplay of Infinity Wars. I am currently considered the "top tier" player over there, and I have helped many others raise their game. I enjoy creating videos, I enjoy people thanking me for the time I take to make them and the skills they learned watching them. Its not about celebrity status, its about community. :)

I see we both value community equally, and that is a trait I am looking for in other guild members. I do NOT want elitists. I want people who will take the time to answer questions, or if they dont have the time, at least point the asker in the right direction. Long term, I want my guild to be the direction others are pointed to.

No, I wont be maintaining a website, as I am completely illiterate when it comes to that stuff. Id appreciate it if someone with those talents were to come aboard though :-) One thing I would do though is pay for a Ventrilo server so that we can indeed speak with each other and get to know each other. I think thats an important aspect.

@Rapkannibale I hope for Utopian Chaos to be a multicultural affair. Already people have addressed concerns my timezone might mean we dont get to play together, but I hope to have enough people from all over the world that there is always enough people to talk to and play with.

Rapkannibale
05-11-2013, 05:11 AM
@WWKnight Personally I think your kind of personality is perfectly suited for a guild leader. They need to be vocal so they can not only represent their own views but also the ones of fellow guild members that are maybe not as outspoken or like to keep to themselves.

I can also completely relate to how you are very passionate about a project and, provided you have the time, there is nothing preventing you from being active in more than one game. Personally I only have time for one and it looks like Hex will be the one. First I thought it was going to be Hearthstone but that was before Hex. :)

I will check out your YouTube channel and provided the game funds I will be happy to join UC.

Cheers!

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Joining a guild when we know 10% of the game 1 year before its release is not the right move imho

~

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 06:09 AM
And you are free to not make that move. When the time comes to join the guild, people may change their minds. *shrug* In the time being, I am making friends and building community. Is that also not the right move in your opinion?

Rapkannibale
05-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Joining a guild when we know 10% of the game 1 year before its release is not the right move imho

~

Why is it the wrong move? To me a guild is more than just the game. If you have a chance to get to know some nice people a year before the game goes live, what does it matter that the game is not out yet? :) If the game doesn't happen for whatever reason or its not what we all hoped it would be, then at the very least you may have gained some new friends.

Just my opinion of course. To everyone their own.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Hey. Long time M:TG player and Star Wars Decipher before that (or was it in the middle. can't remember). Anyway. I usually hang with a fairly big guild, but I'm not sure if they will have any presence here. I saw your positing in another thread talking about the game possibly having a guild cube. I personally got hooked on the cube concept. I made a Magic cube, Star wars cube, and The Wars cube (though nobody has played this one with me yet it probably still needs a LOT of fixing). Anyway I'd like to join if my usual guild doesn't pop up. I am a Grand King for now. Probably won't change unless a big $ issue pops up.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 06:29 AM
And to Fireblast. It's not like the game is going to auto join you to this guild when the game starts, but making friends that you know are playing/leveling together is invaluable. Anyway i'm sure /gquit will always be available to you.

Guild list: Moved to guild forum!

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Yeah, im glad there are others who feel the same way :D

Welcome aboard Rap and Joon! Im a dragon pledge, and I am hoping to use a lot of my cards to create a kick ass guild cube as soon as its available. I also wanna see what the raids will be like, if they will be challanging and whatnot. Kinda hoping ot have a competitive PvE scene, as I am more interested atm in the PvE play than the PvP play. But I like playing competitively (assuming the air remains friendly!).

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I always have been guild leader of all my mmo raid guilds. But I am ready for a change. I will join you luke.

Jason

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Good. I need to repay you for your generous gift this morning :D I wasted 4 hours playing today! I had very little interest in Solforge, but I accepted the gift because your generosity was very appreciated. Boy, did I have that game wrong! Cant wait for the chance to make my own decks :D

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Ya i think they still have just the starter decks in the PC version? They have 4 decks now you can play in the iPad version, plays a lot better and different.

There is quite a bit of strat in what to level, and when to play a weaker card because its going to benefit you in the long run.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I got in on Sol Forge. haven't had time to play. For games like these i enjoy them more when you have an option to pay once for a steady stream of packs. I put in for Z. because they said I'd get a free pack every week. I like the free draft every week. It's 3 free packs. so $6 a week which will pay for itself in a little over a year and a half if you draft every week. wwknight i look forward to debating over what cards are cubeworthy. What type are you intending to start with? I enjoy control so if we have personal cubes that will be a first goal. second will probably be a "set box" with 2 of everything from the initial set to make an 8 man-able 700 card cube (I think the first set is 350). This will preserve the original "core set" draft play style wherever they choose to send the game afterwards.

I've always been more about pve than pvp (although a mmo ccg may change that). I can't wait to see how they're going to handle it. I'm usually a rogue dealing as much dps as i can reasonably. I don't know how they're going to spread encounter loads among multiple people. Maybe one big "opponent" that casts monsters into different players fields? or maybe we all play against the same "boss" deck and he just has a large "pool" of health that degrades when anyone hits it.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Joon me and you are one and the same i think :).

I love rogues and always am that type in any mmo. In a MMO i am all carebear PvE with little, PvP. PvP in this game though will be great since i enjoy card duels, and normally play aggressive fast paced attack decks. I see spending a lot of time on both sides of this game!

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Im always the tank. My favourite deck strategies are High defense, slow bleeding options, and my favourite colour combo in Magic is B/W. So I guess I will be playing Diamond/Blood over here! :D

As for the cube, I dont know. Just put in powerful cards and see where it takes us! I do hope cube capability is with the launch!

@Ash -Yeah, it took me a lot longer than I want to admit to get the hang of solforge, and I still lose more often than not, which is GREAT for me to find a strategy game that I dont automatically dominate. Really looking forward to updates. Thanks again for the beta key :D

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Ya i am having a hard time getting a handle what i want to play here. Normally i don't do tokens, but the bunnies look pretty awesome. I am not a fan of Orcs in general but they are probably the closest to my play style. I might check out Saphire humans for something a bit different.

In the update you can buy 4 of the starter decks they are 5 bucks each, you will enjoy those in Solforge, way better then the 2 demo decks.

What type of deck do you prefer in IW, the Flame one seems interesting to me so far.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 09:05 AM
@wwknight: power is a good strategy, but a cube NEEDS to be balanced. There should be some sort of theme to it, or else it could lean to heavily one way or the other. common magic themes:
Pauper: all common, low power on everything which levels the playing field.
Tribal: leans heavily toward the main factions elf/goblin/zombie/soldier/merfolk.
Power: Big Beefy Destruction.
Control: Creature/spell destruction/denial.
The things that I learned when making my magic cube is Dual lands are ESSENTIAL, but probably less so in the way that they are making this game. Without them a 3 color deck would be impossible to play.

For those that have not tried cube yet there are 3 main reasons why we love it so much:
1) Nobody pays to play unless agreed(for prizes after). people are very much less inclined to get aggravated if their deck was constructed poorly. everyone has a fun time.
2) If a cube is built well a moderately well constructed cube deck feels like a constructed deck.
3) It is MAJOR draft skill improvement. Need to learn how to keep track of what people are picking better? Need to balance your mana curve? need to find a good balance of creature/spell? need to find a good balance of spell/land? Do it all over and over again without running yourself into the ground financially.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I have never actually played Cube, what exactly is it? In Magic i stick to standard, with some sealed, and just got into modern a bit.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
In cube, you select a bunch of cards (720 is the magic number) and randomise them into a bunch of piles which become the boosters. Then you just draft as per usual. You essential create your own sets, and as the card pool gets bigger, you replace cards with other cards, until you have your perfect cube.

My favourite cube was a "Stinker" cube, where we filled it with the most unplayable jank imaginable. It was fun using cards that you've always known about but never bother using.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Ah that is a pretty cool format. I built a EDH/Commander deck and that is a lot of fun and broken stuff also hah.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Ashenor. one type of cube which seems popular is the "story block" cube. you get one of each card from a block. Like the 3 most recent sets and make a cube out of that. that preserves the draft style for that block. This one would probably be a lot of fun to do. Would be a very heavily multicolored focused cube

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 09:29 AM
yeah. Cube feels like everyone is drafting an EDH deck. I've mixed it with both Archenemy and Planechase and had a blast. Not to mention the Archenemy and planechase game we played where the players were running away for the archnemy. (aka players have planechase die rolls and controlled the field while the archenemy beat them the heck down playign with the planechase variant rule with a plane "map" that you can see up to 2 planes away.)

Beck
05-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi all,
I finally bit the bullet and signed up for the Grand King tier. The activity on the comments section helped push me over.

I've been looking for a new game to jump into for a while. I played MTG back in the mid 1990s then I got busy with school and training. I'm finally at a spot where I have more free time. I had my first guild/alliance experience with Marvel recently, the alliance was awesome the game not so much (just a big spend fest). I've also been playing Solforge and looking forward to that. Hex sounds like the perfect combo of a good game and I hope a good community experience.

It sounds like you have ambitious plans for your guild and I would like to get in on the ground floor.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Welcome Beck, and great choice on the Grand King tier, i think we will be happy we have it when the game rolls out.

Are you playing Solforge on PC or iPad? Just got done spanking the computer on hardmode random a few mins ago on the iPad :).

Beck
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I've been playing on the ipad. I need to work on playing other decks, I've only been using Alloyin. I'm getting good at prolonging the game to later rounds and leveling up cards, love getting the level 3 Scrapforge Titan. Now when I switch to a faster deck I tend to get destroyed. Looking forward to the next update.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Ya i am looking forward to the next update also, i have been playing random/random since i have the 4 starter decks to learn everything i can. Level 3 Scrapforge titan is beastmode for sure lmao.

mauvebutterfly
05-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Looks like a lot of passion here, not to mention experience with other tcgs and formats. I played the Game of Thrones CCG competitively for almost 4 years, and have a lot of experience both with constructed and draft style of play. I've always been a bigger fan of limited formats like draft or peasant/pauper constructed. I love building and playing decks, but am less keen on collecting a playset of all the rare cards.
All this talk of cubes has gotten me interested. The stinker cube in particular sounds amazing: you could easily discover things about the cards that you never knew, breathing new life into them. I remember traveling to another city to compete and seeing cards used that my group never used. Simultaneously, I won some games using cards that everybody there thought were terrible, but were a powerful part of my group's metagame.
I'll definitely be interested in joining a guild at release, and you guys look like the kind of guild I'd like to join.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey Mauve, nice to meet ya and have you around. I think we will end up with a good group of like minded people with a passion for TCG/LCG's and even MMO's. I have a feeling we will be playing and talking about other games upcoming soon also as a group which would be great.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I've played wow since vanilla. stopped mid wrath. Played Star wars Galaxies a long time ago. I've tried many many others. I can't wait to see what the mmo elements are going to be.

Ashenor
05-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice, i played WoW from just after Alpha beta to about 6 months ago, nice to be away from it but ready to get into something else.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Looks like we have a dragon and 3 grand kings here. Myself ashenor and beck. should make for a pretty strong start if nothing else.

Kami
05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm half-tempted to join some of the more passionate but at the same time, I think I may end up recreating the guild I've had again from many other games.

icyangelus
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I'll join your guild if youll let me :). I plan to play both PVE/PVP formats. Ive played a few tcgs(yugioh, magic, pokemon, duel masters, wow).

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll join your guild if youll let me :). I plan to play both PVE/PVP formats. Ive played a few tcgs(yugioh, magic, pokemon, duel masters, wow).

and I thought I was the only one who went trough all those games growing up xD .
nice to see I am in decent company xD .

Rammasaur
05-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Where can I sign up? :)

Xannidel
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Whenever I get my next paycheck I do plan on investing at least into the $85-$120 tier, I am not completely new to TCGs but I do not really play a lot of them and I feel that HEX would be a great way to introduce me into the TCG scene.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM
The main thing that worried me, when reading your posting, was this actually: "I also want to become the prominent Hex Youtube personality. If you are in my guild, I will probably harass you to watch and subscribe to my channels." It does sound like someone desperately looking for attention. Now please, don't misunderstand me here. I'm raising these concerns, because I'm fully aware of not knowing you at all and it is so easy to misjudge other people, if you only rely on a few lines written on the internet. So I'm not saying you are that kind of person in any way.

I noticed, that you are very helpful and active on the forums and that is something I applaud you for. It is always nice to see people being passionate and involved about a gaming community, they are planning on being a part of. So by "loud-talking" I wasn't critisizing your involvement here in any form :)

As of yet I can see a lot of people starting to back your project here, but personally I still miss a little structure. I love how many people already are considering joining a guild, especially with only few informations out yet, but do you have any plans on limiting the guild at some point?

While I don't like to be a part of something too elitist, I do favor well structured, mature and harmonic guilds with a certain philosophy about what they are planning to achieve together. Right now, I still have the feeling its more or less a "I love this community, I want to found a guild, everyone willing to join let me know". And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I do need to have a certain feeling, that a guild has potential to achieve something regarding ingame success as well as community building and longevity, which is something I think I personally cannot fully see here yet.

@Storm Im a loud personality. Its true. I find things I am passionate about, and I stick to them. Infinity Wars was my sole passion until hex came along. These two passions are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I plan on being as involved in Hex as I am currently, even more so when there is something to be involved in :P

Trying to gain celebrity by speaking loud. Perhaps...? I wont say no. Is it bad to want to be admired and respected among your community? Is it bad to want to be a known source of information and assistance? If you look at all my posts in the forums, I have tried hard to encourage conversation, I have tried hard to discourage arguments. If you look at my current videos on Youtube, more than show off the gameplay of Infinity Wars (and my leet skills), I try and TEACH the gameplay of Infinity Wars. I am currently considered the "top tier" player over there, and I have helped many others raise their game. I enjoy creating videos, I enjoy people thanking me for the time I take to make them and the skills they learned watching them. Its not about celebrity status, its about community. :)

I see we both value community equally, and that is a trait I am looking for in other guild members. I do NOT want elitists. I want people who will take the time to answer questions, or if they dont have the time, at least point the asker in the right direction. Long term, I want my guild to be the direction others are pointed to.

No, I wont be maintaining a website, as I am completely illiterate when it comes to that stuff. Id appreciate it if someone with those talents were to come aboard though :-) One thing I would do though is pay for a Ventrilo server so that we can indeed speak with each other and get to know each other. I think thats an important aspect.

@Rapkannibale I hope for Utopian Chaos to be a multicultural affair. Already people have addressed concerns my timezone might mean we dont get to play together, but I hope to have enough people from all over the world that there is always enough people to talk to and play with.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
WWKinght, your right hand man is checking in! I will of course take you up on your kind offer, I would love to be part of your guild. Hell, I will even be a real right hand man if you want, although I may not have infinite time to devote, I will turn up for important things whenever possible.

And I love going head to head with close friends, so I think you and I could test some pretty interesting decks out on each other - I am not one to follow the pack at all times, I go above and beyond when I make a deck.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I need to get off to work, so this wont be as big a message as Id like it to be to address everything that came up while I was asleep.

Welcome Rammasaur, MauveButterfly, Beck and Icyangelus! And possible welcome to Xannidel and Kami! :-) Hang around, get to know us. Worst case scenario you make your own guild and get new friends!

Storm, I really havent thought too much into where I will cap the guild. My intentions on starting this thread now is purely community building. I wanted a way to reach other like minded people and start a conversation with the context of getting to know one another, not how old card sets should be dealt with. To this end, I think I have been successful. As I said to Kami and Xannidel, stick around and join in the conversation. Help shape what the guild is to be and discover if we are people you want to hang out with. :)

I do not want an unorganised mess of recruits. I do intend on having a strong core set of players, and weeding out any trouble makers. I will be firm on that. I do not want a drama guild. Im hoping everyone who joins in our reindeer games can be mature enough to discuss grievances like an adult. Im thinking there would be a magic number on members, jsut because if a guild gets too large you cant possibly get to know everyone. Im jsut not sure what I want that number to be yet.

Selix
05-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Hello WWKnight. I've been following you on the boards and can already tell you have a vocal personality on the forums (Not in a bad way!). This guild Utopian Chaos sounds like a great idea and I would love to be part of the community that spreads the word about HexTCG and helps define what good gaming is all about[. When the game goes live I hope to join your guild and see what we can make happen.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Storm, I really havent thought too much into where I will cap the guild. My intentions on starting this thread now is purely community building. I wanted a way to reach other like minded people and start a conversation with the context of getting to know one another, not how old card sets should be dealt with. To this end, I think I have been successful. As I said to Kami and Xannidel, stick around and join in the conversation. Help shape what the guild is to be and discover if we are people you want to hang out with. :)

I do not want an unorganised mess of recruits. I do intend on having a strong core set of players, and weeding out any trouble makers. I will be firm on that. I do not want a drama guild. Im hoping everyone who joins in our reindeer games can be mature enough to discuss grievances like an adult. Im thinking there would be a magic number on members, jsut because if a guild gets too large you cant possibly get to know everyone. Im jsut not sure what I want that number to be yet.

The bold part actually seals the deal for me so far. I wasn't looking for any magical number or something like "I want to have people aiming for the championships", but it is very important to me to make sure, that the overall philosophy is aiming at something somewhat ambitious while still remembering, that community, respect and at times even friendships are the key-elements of a guild. At least for myself. So at this point - count me in :)

Now, since you already mentioned lacking the technical knowledge regarding homepage etc, I could offer to set up something for us. I'm currently running "Simply Gaming" as a fansite for Camelot Unchained: https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/en/ besides other projects and for that I do have a webserver etc. It wouldn't take me that much to set up a beta-like homepage and a forum to discuss. Normally I write the code myself, but being involved in more than one thing I would go for a similar homepage like the Simply Gaming one, using Wordpress as a backbone to save some time :)

EDIT: I'm personally planning on spending a lot of time and effort towards Hex, which is why I'm going to pledge for three Pro Player Tiers, to be able to draft a lot and have a constant stream of boosters and cards for years to come.

Xannidel
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the possible acceptance into this group of people haha :P

Yeah I already have this page bookmarked and now that summer vacation has started I can relax a little.

Here is a little about me if you are curious, I am a 23 year old college student who is trying a new major. My first major was computer science but the classes were boring and the projects were not fun for me at all; after a few years of attempting CS classes I realized that I was just not cut out to be a programmer even though I love computers and technology. I changed colleges and majors and I am enjoying what I do now. I have been a gamer since I was like 5 or 6 when I first was able to rent an SNES from a Movie Gallery. Like I said before I am somewhat new to TCGs however I did play the Pokemon TCG on the Gameboy Color and that was a lot of fun. In M:TG I have a white Kithkin deck and while I doubt I could play in any tourneys with that deck I do enjoy playing for kicks whenever I can.

In the next week I will do more research on what decks there are and what not to get a better idea of what to expect.

There is one other game I am looking forward to and that is Wildstar, an MMO, so check that out if MMOs are your thing as well.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I have edited my 2nd post on page 2 for a list of who have expressed interest in joining. If wwknight wants to move it to the front he may, but that's the earliest I posted here. It is in order of post where the person agreed to join along with stated backer level. I'll try to keep on this. Please tell me if i missed you/you want to be removed.

Selix
05-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I have edited my 2nd post on page 2 for a list of who have expressed interest in joining. If wwknight wants to move it to the front he may, but that's the earliest I posted here. It is in order of post where the person agreed to join along with stated backer level. I'll try to keep on this. Please tell me if i missed you/you want to be removed.
Selix = Pro Player Tier

Yawg
05-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I just backed the game (warrior tier) and I am interested in joining up.

JMFD
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Count me in for a community like this. I have always wanted to be with a group of people who started playing a game from day 1 and never had the opportunity. Grand King backer, ready to play some cards :)

Ashenor
05-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Welcome to all the new people, will see what i can do to get some forums up also, and a someplace WWKnight can blog away and posts videos and content of all games we are interested in.

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Welcome to all the new people, will see what i can do to get some forums up also, and a someplace WWKnight can blog away and posts videos and content of all games we are interested in.

Just wait a couple of hours and Ill have excactly that set up :)

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 03:04 AM
I'd like to join if you'll have me. I am all kinds of excited about Hex and would love to get involved in this community. I backed at Grand King.

WWKnight
05-12-2013, 03:33 AM
Wow guys, thanks for all the support and interest :-) This is far better than I had expected, I just wanted to throw this out tehre and see what nibbled. :D

Lots of people want webpages! I wasnt goign to worry anytime soon, but if you are offering your time, I wont refuse! Thanks to everyone who offered, but Storm seems to know what he is doing, and is willing to jump on it right away! I'll get a guild logo sorted out and send it to you mate.

Thanisse
05-12-2013, 03:41 AM
if you want creative input I can help as well :P
also can't wait the real discussions to start once we know more about ze game .

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 03:54 AM
I'll be ready with a beta homepage and forum soon. Of course this has to be improved along the way, but right now I'm just focusing on getting the most important mechanics online, so that we have a usable homepage and a forum to discuss everything. I'll let you guys know the link in a few hours :)

Regarding the logo: Just send it to me here --> storm@simply-gaming.com :)

Xannidel
05-12-2013, 05:15 AM
Looking forward to it man.

Rapkannibale
05-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Wow nice to see all this interest. Seems like we already have a great bunch of people!

@Storm so great that we will get a website. I know the game is still a way off, but it is definitely getting funded and it will be great to start building the community on the guild's very own website.

I just upped my pledge from King to Pro player. I just see so much value in the free draft a week!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Ashenor
05-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Nice Storm i was going to farm the work out to my friend that does it today get it setup, but if you can handle it all the better no middle man :).

Ashenor
05-12-2013, 05:49 AM
In honor of Hex funding today, i think i will do a prerelease draft on MTGO when i get home from crossfit in a bit ha.

JoonYoungK
05-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Wow i'm surprised att he number of grand kings we have here. it's kinda crazy. 7/15 are GK and above. 8 if you count Storm with the triple pro (grats on that getting sorted btw). We're not going to have any lack of those lifetime bonuses!

Xannidel
05-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Is there a good TCG on the App store for my iPhone? I tried looking for one yesterday but none of them really appealed to me.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Ascension is not really a TCG but a nice thing to do in the train/subway

~

JoonYoungK
05-12-2013, 06:33 AM
I tried looking. i couldn't find anything that didn't require me to buy a bunch of boosters. >.<. Sol Forge will probably be up there when it goes live, but that still requires a bunch of booster purchases i think.

WWKnight
05-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Xann, if you can wait a month or so...

Infinity Wars will be released as a public Beta. :) Its the best dTCG I have ever seen by miles.

JoonYoungK
05-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Actually yeah i second fireblast. Last I checked the AI in ascension wasn't the best (but that was a while ago) expansions are also very very cheap on the ios

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Wow i'm surprised att he number of grand kings we have here. it's kinda crazy. 7/15 are GK and above. 8 if you count Storm with the triple pro (grats on that getting sorted btw). We're not going to have any lack of those lifetime bonuses!

Thanks, Mate. I went for the Grand King at first, but I'm going to play this game for such a long time, I simply couldn't see anything compete with pledging for three individual pro player tiers instead :)

By the way - homepage and forum are online. Please cut me some slack here, since it is only a few hours work. We will improve everything along the way to make everyone as happy as possible. But for now the basic mechanics were key here :)

Homepage: https://www.simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/
Forum: https://www.simply-gaming.com/hex/forum/

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Access to internal guild forums is granted after registration. I'll add everyone manually everytime I see someone new registered for the next days and then we'll see if something like an application has to be made or whatever :)

WWKnight
05-12-2013, 06:57 AM
All hail Storm Fireblade! Lord of the Interwebs. I think it looks fantastic! Will be taking all the discussions to those forums now, if everyone is ok with that? :D

Xannidel
05-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Excellent work Storm, darn good work for only a few hours of work. Will register ASAP.

Thanisse
05-12-2013, 07:08 AM
nice site and forums
registered amd thanks for the good work Stormy !

JoonYoungK
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Nice job storm! looks like a great site!

Beck
05-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Just registered for the forum, looks awesome, thanks storm! Will have time to tonight to check it out more.

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Awesome! Thanks Storm! :D Site and forums look great. I'm amazed at how quickly you got this up and running.

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks a lot. I used themes, webserver etc from things I use at other places, so it was fairly easy to set it up that quickly. Improving and polishing it to our needs will take more time though, but well, we do have plenty of time and nothing rushing us anyway :)

Ashenor
05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Great work Storm, thanks again.

MMO_Unforgiven
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Sign me up too. I am glad that there are people out there as passionate about this genre as I am.

P.S. I also plan to try out IW. Thanks for pointing it out to me. It's just too bad I can't be a backer there too as it is already over.

Mehlo
05-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey, if you'll have me, i'll join up for now. All the main people who's posts and opinion i've kept tabs on in the forums seem to be here, so it looks like a good grouping

As for me: Grand king and king backer (My girlfriend also went king so we would have a full play set of the exclusives)
Long time card game player, played magic since ice age, it and L5R are my card games of choice. I mostly do limited in magic, and constructed in L5R (And i'm currently one of the highest ranked in the world on that one)

FLOWDANGO
05-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I love your enthusiasm!!!! And I love the focus, but I am not sure I can guild align so early without understanding the game. I would like the chance once the game releases because I know that at my local store when I am able I do FNM sealed draft and I love that the most! I also love casual play with friends and massive multiplayer games of around 6 to 16 people! So I am very interested.

Sajo
05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I haven't posted at all until now, mostly because I prefer to stay in the background, but I must admit this little shindig has gotten my interested piqued.

I'm currently backing at "The Collector" tier mostly because the Raid Leader and Dungeon tiers didn't really interest me enough, and the free drafts from the Pro Player tier isn't that big of a deal for me, the draft fee isn't too bad I think. If one of the stretch goals happens to let you combine 2 tiers, I'll probably do Collector/Pro Player.

Anyway, as for experience I'm a regular MtG player and I've been playing since the Portal. I used to play Yugioh, Pokemon, Rage, and a few others that I've forgotten over time. MMO wise my first was Ragnarok Online and I've since dabbled in a wide variety of things. I see WoW is popular with most people here but I've never been able to get into it.

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Sajo,

1: You can already now pledge for multiple kickstarter tiers by using multiple kickstarter accounts and the customer support of CZE will help you to get everything merged to one account after that. This has been confirmed already, for example here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23172

2: The free draft per week from the Pro Player Tier doesn't only include the $1 Fee for entering, it does ALSO include the 3 boosters to participate in the draft. So you are getting three boosters and fee for free once a week for the rest of your life :)

Regarding the guild - everyone just hop over on our forums and I'll grant you access after registering as soon as I notice. The rest, we will figure out together over there :)

Sajo
05-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Sajo,

1: You can already now pledge for multiple kickstarter tiers by using multiple kickstarter accounts and the customer support of CZE will help you to get everything merged to one account after that. This has been confirmed already, for example here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23172

2: The free draft per week from the Pro Player Tier doesn't only include the $1 Fee for entering, it does ALSO include the 3 boosters to participate in the draft. So you are getting three boosters and fee for free once a week for the rest of your life :)

Regarding the guild - everyone just hop over on our forums and I'll grant you access after registering as soon as I notice. The rest, we will figure out together over there :)

Ah, see that's all well and good but I'm not 100% sure I'm financially going to be able to pull that off. Thank you for the information though!

Xannidel
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah don't worry about the tier you get, Many people are getting a $250+ tier and I am only able to afford the $120 tier, which is very nice I might add.

SolarisFall
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm also higly interested in joining the community that seems to be quickly growing here! I've backed the game at Grand King for now (would love another free draft or two).

A little about me: I'm a huge fan of both TCGs and MMOs. In fact, most anything with collectible cards is sort of my achilles's heel and it's always very difficult for me to stay away and not go overboard with purchases :P I played MTG from The Dark up to Mirrodin and still have my 15k+ card collection. I stopped because most of the ppl I used to play with either stopped themselves or moved, and the local shop I used to basically live in closed. MMOs is another area I have a hard time keeping away from and I've at least tried most of the big names out there, starting with Ultima Online back in 1997 all the way up to GW2. I was also a hardcore raider in WoW for over 2 years.

Anyhow, I tend to mostly lurk so I might not post that often, but I'll definitely be active on the forums and I'll sign up for the new guild site shortly! The wait for Hex will be a long one, but you all look like fine ppl and I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals!

Oh and, call me Fall :D

DarkLegionSlayer
05-12-2013, 08:15 PM
About Me
I like you, found myself having to drive over 1.5 hours just to play TCG. I played MtG for about 6 years in high school and college, but never got into the tournament scene. I then got into WoW as I was older and could afford more cards. I like you am 20 something, a father of 2 boys and am married. There enlies one of the problems with driving 1.5 hours away to play cards. But this game is perfect because I can play from home! Already warned the wife this was game was coming and all I got was see you in bed :) I do work shift work at times, but I'm usually available to play. I played some "local" tournaments of WoW TCG. Won some towards the end of my TCG career. Crypto bought WoW in 2010, so I'm familiar with their TCG style of play. On to MMORPG. I played a lot of WoW and I mean A LOT! When it came out I was single so I had nothing better to do than play that. I've also played KOTOR, Tera, and Guild Wars 1 and 2. So I'm very verse in the style and game play of MMORPG.

What I'm Looking For
I'm looking for a serious guild that is willing to not only teach other guild members their tricks and ideas on deck building, but also a guild that wants to dominate the tournament scene. I love all types of tournaments from drafts, to sealed to constructed. I'm willing to put in the time to learn this game, cards and making the best decks I can thatll help myself and my guild mates win. Like cryptos CCO states, your only as good as your community. This guild will only be as good as its members. I too purchased the grand king backer.

Crazy_Klino
05-12-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm Crazy Klino, the Orc Warrior, and I want in!

Calldero
05-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey! Calldero here, friends usually just call me Call.
Dragon Lord Tier.
Australian.

I have been playing games for as long as i can remember, both on and off computers. Tho I'm not a hardcore player i did play a fair amount of MTG both in clubs, shops, or just with my friends (some Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon as well, their not fantastic TCG's but i think all experience helps. I never got into the WoW TCG). I've played more MMO's then i care to count and I'm an wickedly looking forward to playing HEX.

I would be honored if you would allow me to join in on this awesome as well. No game is fun without friends and i hope to find a bunch to play with here!

Thanks.

Dralon
05-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Hail and well met all. I am Dralon, though often end up getting called 'Doc' eventually due to my line of work. It is great to see a group of such interested people so early on in the public portion of the development cycle. Having been watching the forums closely over the weekend, so many people here are already making wonderful contributions and I wanted to offer my dedication to Hex and the community as well by offering myself for membership in UC.

In short I am a bit older than the average player, having crossed the '40' barrier, but as a result have a long experience in TCG's and MMO's. Was actually an official volunteer for the LOTR TCG by Decipher, and was involved in the testing of the online version of that game, which I thought was done very well. If it was a CCG or MMO in the last 20 years I likely dabbled in it a bit, though due to work and family always more casual and finish middle of the packs in tournaments, but enjoyed the heck out of all of them. My closet is a shrine to cardboard boxes filled with cardboard, so the prospect of a digital collection thrills me. I am a Grand King for now, though considering Storm's idea of adding at least 1 proplayer tier (as 2 drafts a week might be my max I have time for most of the time anyway)

I look forward to getting to know you all over the months in anticipation of beta and the many months after!

WWKnight
05-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Wow, so much interest! Im floored guys. Thank you so much for sharing my vision.

I have updated my OP with the link to Utopian Chaos guild website and forums. Please go register there and we will get to know you over there!

So far, I wont be turning away any interest. I dont expect everyone who signs up to the guild now will still be in the guild at launch. Friends may come and steal you away or something may happen and we may just part ways naturally. Once the game launches, I will be a lot more selective about guild entry (if I will allow any new members, which I may not if we continue growing at this rate!). The idea is to have a strong community who get along well together, and I dont believe adding every tom, dick and harry will create such a community.

If you are all interested in joining this guild for real, please add Utopian Chaos to your signatures, so we can recognise each other among the forums :)

Im more excited about Hex every day thanks to this amazing community. Thank you everyone :D

Ravallian
05-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi guys,

I've been on the fence a little bit but will now take the plunge and apply for the site/membership :)

Oaka23
05-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Welp I just joined up on the UC site (also as Oaka23), figured I'd say hey on here. I kickstarted for pro player and definitely would like to get myself to top-tier play. I've played a few different TCGs on and off, MtG being the obvious one, but also WoW, Pokeymans, and before it started to die off I was big into WWE Raw Deal. I'm the kind of person that, when I really enjoy a game (and Hex is definitely looking to fit that criteria), likes to fully understand everything about it; I was on my way to being a judge for Magic before I realized it was essentially pointless to get the actual designation as the store I played at already had a couple. I guess that also wouldn't be too important for Hex seeing as how it's kinda hard to cheat the programming, heh. I also am the type of person that has no problem helping out new players with any questions they might have, I actually quite enjoy it - and, if you're looking to make this one of those guilds, the guilds that are talked about and revered (which I am totally for), having people to do that is a very good thing.

I do like that you pointed out specifically you don't want to be seen as an elitist guild or anything, because man, screw those guys.

Guess I'll see you guys around the forums on here and the UC site, and look forward to eventually playing with you all :D

Storm_Fireblade
05-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Everyone who signed up till here has been granted access. I welcome you all and I look forward getting to know you :)

JMFD
05-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Such a huge response to this guild/community. I am excited to be apart of it :)

StrykerX
05-13-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm interested in joining this community. Hopefully we can all help each other!

MirriCatWarrior
05-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi

Im interested in joining too but i have some concern...

I dont have that much money because i have some serious irl commitments and even if not i treating TCG more like casual enjoyment not pro playin and investment, etc... so...
i read left and right on these forums about players that donate 250, 500 and even more dollars and about they plans to being pro players and about plant for this guild to unite them...

im curently pledged 35$ and MAYBE i will go to 65 max... i will probably never own many rares, i will probalby never own (unless someone sponsor them for me lol) top meta decks... in my last days of MTGO playing i play Pauper only... when i played 'real' MTG i played casually with firends from school and we only read about top decks and big tournaments (it does not lower our desire to play :) i was rather addicted to MTG - my friends too.)... i will prbalby newer invest much money in PvP cards (they will be only for irl money).

So.. if this is a problem and this guild and its creators want to focus of more proplaying and making community of organized pro-players i understand this.

But also i want to be part of thriving HEX community (im very excited about this game - its my wet dream about card games lol) and this one looks very promising and friendly so i think i will apply but im a little on the fence right now.

Anyway... im lookin to play with each of you after launch and in beta. :P

SolarisFall
05-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Nice to meet all the new ppl that are joining up! I'm at work right now but I'll definitely sign up to our guild forum when I get home tonight.

And Mirri, I dont think anyone will look down on you if you spend less or decide to play more casually. Everyone hais their priorities and obligations, and I think it would go against what WWKnight is trying to create with this guild/community.

Edit: Looks like I can't update my signature at work due to our security/firewall protocols. I'll do that when I get home as well!

Xannidel
05-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Welcome all new members =]

Storm_Fireblade
05-13-2013, 09:37 AM
@Mirri, although competitive play will be A focus, you won't be required to aim for that yourself. Plenty of room for other playstyles like PvE, casual PvP and whatnot else :)

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey! I love deck-building under different conditions. Pauper decks have always been one of my favourites. I can definitely see myself spending a good amount of time playing under those restrictions.

Mirri, are you interested in being competitive with pauper decks, or just having a social experience? I don't mind messing around with weird theme decks that probably shouldn't actually work from time to time, so I'm okay playing it either way.

Florastar
05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Posted already on the other forums, but I'd love to join. :) Love TCGs and MMOs both.

MirriCatWarrior
05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
@Mirri, although competitive play will be A focus, you won't be required to aim for that yourself. Plenty of room for other playstyles like PvE, casual PvP and whatnot else :)

Thx for kind words. I will apply today then. :)

"Mirri, are you interested in being competitive with pauper decks, or just having a social experience? I don't mind messing around with weird theme decks that probably shouldn't actually work from time to time, so I'm okay playing it either way."

Yea why not :) I loved pauper in MTG.. there may be too low card count to spread wings in Hex first set but overtime im sure we will create some crazy decks from commons :P
Personally i loved playing decks based on cheap cards with use of: Momentary Blink (http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Momentary%20Blink&ref=hover-6) SO ANNOYING :P

JMFD
05-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Keep in mind Mirri, even if you can't be competitive in PvP due to not enough cards, or pauper doesn't appeal to you, there is always PvE.

PvE seems to be completeable with a starter deck and a few boosters and new cards are "unlocked" along the way. You can definitely still get your moneys worth from that side and have a community to play with :)

Dralon
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi

.. i will prbalby newer invest much money in PvP cards (they will be only for irl money).

But also i want to be part of thriving HEX community (im very excited about this game - its my wet dream about card games lol) and this one looks very promising and friendly so i think i will apply but im a little on the fence right now.

Speaking for myself, while I am fortunate enough to be able to spend some money on pvp cards, and will play in tournaments, I am very interested in the PVE aspect, and plan on devoting a large amount of time to that as well. And that element can be played by anybody with no cash investment, just time. As in any TCG game I am sure many people will end up with extra cards they don't use or don't wish to use, and depending on the way crafting is formatted, which would be available for trading in guild as well.

I wouldn't want this guild to ever become exclusionary to any playstyle. I feel those who want to spend zero dollars, or those who want to spend thousands, those who wish to never play PVE, and those who wish to play only PVE, all should be welcome. From what I have seen thus far I think that is how it will evolve.

As WWKnight has mentioned, there is an expectation that some of those that come on board now, may for whatever reason be in another guild or go solo come launch. Now is the time to build community, foster excitement and have fun in anticipation of the unknown :)

C-Drive
05-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I know, I know...I'm not even a member of the guild* but I kept wanting to see the logo mentioned earlier and never did, so I did a rough draft of one from my head:

http://i.imgur.com/kwLEfpT.png

*not sure if I want to join one now with all the backers or wait and see where the game leads me

MirriCatWarrior
05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Thx all for kind words all of you. Im also preety excited about PvE aspects of this game (dungeons and raids looks great on paper). :) I always love good story and lore/locations mixed with nice gameplay in MMO games. It seems that Hex will deliver in this aspect.

I also plan ofc to spend some more money in HEX, just not 250-1000$ initially like many of you. ;)

Rapkannibale
05-13-2013, 11:22 AM
.. there may be too low card count to spread wings in Hex first set but overtime im sure we will create some crazy decks from commons :P
Personally i loved playing decks based on cheap cards with use of: Momentary Blink (http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Momentary%20Blink&ref=hover-6) SO ANNOYING :P

Pauper is a great format. And regarding set size, Hex has the largest set 1 that I know of. What is it, 350 PvP cards? MtG's large sets "only" have about 250 cards right? So hopefully there will be at least some variety in pauper decks. :)

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Mirri Great name choice. Weatherlight/Tempest block storyline was my favorite!

Storm_Fireblade
05-13-2013, 03:14 PM
I know, I know...I'm not even a member of the guild* but I kept wanting to see the logo mentioned earlier and never did, so I did a rough draft of one from my head:

*not sure if I want to join one now with all the backers or wait and see where the game leads me

That actually looks kind of cool :) Curious what WWWKnight is going to say ^^

C-Drive
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks Storm - let me emphasize rough draft again - hardly any details and things aren't properly lined up. The only thing is the design being so vertical it isn't web friendly, but I guess on the site you could just do the font logo sans the blue 'utopia' and red 'chaos' parts. I have another tiny detail in mind for the larger logo that might work for a web friendly logo we could try out if WWK likes the draft.

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 04:22 PM
C-drive. that looks amazing! Last WoW guild i raided in was in was Oblivious. we had a big golden ?. lol

Maligance
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
That logo looks pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

I've been lurking for a bit ever since I saw the kickstarter. Pretty sure I'm going to offload some of my Magic cards and probably end up doing knight or maybe captain tier. This guild idea is very intriguing for me, especially as more of a PvE player (I played WoW for a while but don't have the time to commit anymore with my daughter). Right now I mainly play League of Legends in my spare time during the week with the usual Magic tourney on Friday and/or Saturday (my buddy and I are two of the ringers at our local shop).

Also really liking the looks of the website so far. Is it using WordPress or something similar? The top menu needs to be updated (where it says "Impressum" is from the default I imagine), but the site as a whole looks really slick.

Storm_Fireblade
05-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Its using wordpress as a backbone, yes. I could write my own code, but WP offers everything we needed right now and does save me tons of time.

It says "impressum" at the top because the site is hosted from Germany. Legal issues :)

WWKnight
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi

Im interested in joining too but i have some concern...

I dont have that much money because i have some serious irl commitments and even if not i treating TCG more like casual enjoyment not pro playin and investment, etc... so...
i read left and right on these forums about players that donate 250, 500 and even more dollars and about they plans to being pro players and about plant for this guild to unite them...

im curently pledged 35$ and MAYBE i will go to 65 max... i will probably never own many rares, i will probalby never own (unless someone sponsor them for me lol) top meta decks... in my last days of MTGO playing i play Pauper only... when i played 'real' MTG i played casually with firends from school and we only read about top decks and big tournaments (it does not lower our desire to play :) i was rather addicted to MTG - my friends too.)... i will prbalby newer invest much money in PvP cards (they will be only for irl money).

So.. if this is a problem and this guild and its creators want to focus of more proplaying and making community of organized pro-players i understand this.

You are absolutely welcome. I want strong and passionate players, not rich ones! And even if your skill level is lacking, Im happy to teach :). There will be a cut off for guild members eventually, cause this is growing crazy fast and I want us all to know each other, not jsut be a sea of faces!

I like that you came to UC, because we had a disagreement on your first night in the forums, and soon after we were agreeing in a different thread. This shows me you have the maturity I want in this guild! So please, dont be worried about pledges or skill or anything like that, and bring your personality into the fold!

(And as a side note, I do intend on trickling a lot of my excess cards down through the guild. :) You'll get looked after, I am sure.)

WWKnight
05-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Ive asked my girlfriend to make a logo, but she is too busy drawing my little ponies for a friends wedding thingy.

While not exactly what Ihad in mind, it doesnt make it any less amazing and awesome. Thank you very much. I assume we have your permission to use it if it comes to that?

WWKnight
05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I love all the responses the guildies gave Mirri and C: Drive. You guys are awesome. In real life, I am often disillusioned at people around me, because they all seem so selfish, and I feel out of place. Watching you all act how I would (ON THE INTERNET NO LESS) is an experience I cant put into words. I really, really am happy this guild is happening with you people.

Thank you.

Maligance
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Ive asked my girlfriend to make a logo, but she is too busy drawing my little ponies for a friends wedding thingy.

While not exactly what Ihad in mind, it doesnt make it any less amazing and awesome. Thank you very much. I assume we have your permission to use it if it comes to that?

It's okay, my better half will soon be making a ton of cake pops for a wedding. Hopefully there will be some extras for me and my Magic buddies. :)

Wordpress is amazing for all kinds of things, there really is very little incentive to try to build something from the ground up if you can find a theme you really like. The other thing that is nice, at least from my experience, is it should be pretty easy to add additional users that can then have their own sub-pages such as blogs or to do strategy articles or such. Could be a way to expand on the guild page going forward with things like tournament reports as well as PvE strategy sections (especially if recording is super easy). Plus, of course, livestreams.

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
It's funny, i find that CCG players band together a LOT better than other play groups. Everyone always seem to work harder to be sure everyone's enjoying themselves. Multiple occasions i've seen people requesting cards and others with a stack just going "here enjoy!"(myself included ^.^). It's really nice to see that everyone here is living up to that so far!

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I love all the responses the guildies gave Mirri and C: Drive. You guys are awesome. In real life, I am often disillusioned at people around me, because they all seem so selfish, and I feel out of place. Watching you all act how I would (ON THE INTERNET NO LESS) is an experience I cant put into words. I really, really am happy this guild is happening with you people.

Thank you.

It's okay. Since we're pseudo anonymous on the internet we can choose to be whatever we want to be, and nobody will know any differently. We're actually all terrible people in real life, and we're just being nice online for a lark ;)

Personally, I've had gaming groups collapse in the past due to a decreasing player pool. If I am passionate about my hobby, sharing it with other people can only help in the long run.

C-Drive
05-13-2013, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the comments! What did you have in mind - since you're girlfriend may not have time I can take a crack at your idea as well. You have my permission to use this one, just let me make a more final better-looking version first.

DarkLegionSlayer
05-13-2013, 06:46 PM
It's funny, i find that CCG players band together a LOT better than other play groups. Everyone always seem to work harder to be sure everyone's enjoying themselves. Multiple occasions i've seen people requesting cards and others with a stack just going "here enjoy!"(myself included ^.^). It's really nice to see that everyone here is living up to that so far!

I found this to be true in tournaments too. I would even go as far as suggesting they make different moves. Unlike MMORPGs CCG and TCG are about the experience and making everyone better. I found MMORPGs to me more about one person getting the loot or getting better instead of the whole guild benefitting. Nothing beats the TCG and CCG communities.

Maligance
05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
I found this to be true in tournaments too. I would even go as far as suggesting they make different moves. Unlike MMORPGs CCG and TCG are about the experience and making everyone better. I found MMORPGs to me more about one person getting the loot or getting better instead of the whole guild benefitting. Nothing beats the TCG and CCG communities.

Except for the people who get really annoyed when you point something out that their opponent (or they) missed, even if you do it after the game or when it's totally not relevant. Oh well, can't win them all....

JMFD
05-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Some of my longest friendships have been internet only. I had friends from IRC back in like 98 and we still stay in communication to this day. Over the lsat decade I have ended up meeting most of them once or twice.

C-Drive
05-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Alright, a more finalized version of the "skyline" logo. Dropped the height of the top half, gives it more of a badge/emblem look, added a little starburst effect to the back of the wording. Detailed the skyline (notice the shin'hare building anyone?):

http://i.imgur.com/7fqRXlg.png

And the variation that's better suited for a webpage, but keeps the overall theme and coloring:

http://i.imgur.com/5XIJcFR.png

Of course, color scheme can be played with a bit:

http://i.imgur.com/2NXgwNq.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/EOrWytS.png

Maligance
05-13-2013, 08:11 PM
And the variation that's better suited for a webpage, but keeps the overall theme and coloring:

http://i.imgur.com/5XIJcFR.png

Also better suited for a signature. Too bad I'm not sure if you can align it to the left of a signature and have text next to it. Maybe that'd be too convenient. :)

C-Drive
05-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh, I'll make some nifty signature bars for you guys if this design ends up final.

SolarisFall
05-13-2013, 08:15 PM

I'm forced to agree with you Joon! I think that comes from the fact that TCGs have their roots in face to face interactions, and that most of the players started out that way or have at least experienced it at some point. For me it's always been about meeting up with a bunch of friends on a friday night and having some good laughs (and beer) around a table filled with MtG cards :D Good times!

And C-Drive, those look really great! I really like the top/bottom contrast that plays on the guild name. Good job and thanks!

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 08:32 PM
like the new logos!

Yawg
05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Love this one, nice work.

http://i.imgur.com/EOrWytS.png

pleocavee
05-13-2013, 09:10 PM
hey, may i join as well? i've some experience with magic and have generally avoided subscription mmo's (they will take all the monies).

at the moment i'm more interested in the PvE aspect of the game. i don't have any experience competitively but have wanted to play the booster-draft form of magic. i just don't want to pick it up and be a terrible mess at it haha, i've read a bunch of guides on it. the other inhibitor is the cost, i see that hex will be cheaper though (don't have the money right now to drop into the pro-player tier even if it does pay for itself).

as far as magic, my favorite thing to do was to get a huge lot of cards sort them and then try to figure out decks to build out of them. my roommates preferred to just order specific cards, but i think it's more fun to challenge myself to see what i can come up with. one of my favorites was a blue/white level up deck that made use of blinking venerated teachers. i think it's important to challenge yourself mentally in any game because if i can play a game for reasons more than just passing the time or having fun (hedonism? i guess) then i feel like i'm getting more out of it (ie. i can justify playing it).

as far as other games i feel like mentioning... league of legends is the one that i go back to more often than not (before that was runescape). i'm enjoying the story aspect of hex and am looking forward to learning more about the world.

i feel like i'm babbling on and on so i'll cut it here... i was thinking i'd end up posting more personal stuff on the UC forum anyways

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 09:47 PM
pleo added

pleocavee
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
pleo added

Thanks! weee registering on the UC site

S117
05-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Good guild name. Good website. Good logo...

Alright...anti-social tendancies be damnned! I'll join up...if you're still looking to add people freely...

Been in MtG since Urza's, though only actively since Mirrodin, the good (read: first) one. Other TCG's? Too many to count really...Wish Magi-Nation was still around and Warlord wasn't dying a slow and painful death...

Do a lot of minis too...Warhammer in all flavors, Warmachine (looking forward to Cyriss) and dabbling in Infinty...

I tend to be a little ADD about games but if we have structure it shouldn't be too hard for me to get games in regularly...I'm a Grand King backer so I'll have at least one draft a week to do...

Dralon
05-14-2013, 12:41 AM
I also am a fan of this logo. Sig updated :)

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 01:00 AM
I feel so dumb asking this... *sigh*

How'd yall add the picture to your sig?

Kurasa
05-14-2013, 02:36 AM
WWKnight, upload the image somewhere and then link to it in your sig with an img tag. For example:
www.imagehostingsite.com/image
There's probably a button for it on the sig page if you don't feel like typing the tags. As for image hosting sites I imagine something like photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) or imgur (http://imgur.com/) would work just fine. I may give it a try later myself since the logos are awesome. (Thanks C-Drive!)

And welcome to all the new members. :D It's great to see so many people joining.

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 02:39 AM
... I failed.

Kurasa
05-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Me too. :( This worked, though. Subbed in '{}' for brackets 'cause the code tag wasn't working for me.

{URL=http://imgur.com/VzV6LBx}{IMG}http://i.imgur.com/VzV6LBx.png{/IMG}{/URL}

Next time try first, then post. ;)

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 04:27 AM
I do think we want a smaller one. This one makes the signatures obnoxiously large. Anyone else agree?

Mavian
05-14-2013, 04:48 AM
I'd like to jump in on this. Big TCG player. MTG, WoWTCG, L5R, and board games. Played WoW uptil the latest patch pushing PvE content. I've been waiting YEARS for a digital TCG like this with the support of a seasoned TCG company with the variety of PvE and PvP play types. I'm in at the pro level, but will probably push to at least Grand King by the next stretch goals.

Really interested in people that want to play serious and casual. I've loved TCGs since I was a kid, but the past few years my schedule sort of precludes my ability to play since I work nights and weekends (but getting 3 day weekends Wed-Fri is sooo nice).

So I want in if there's room! I'm not the best or the worst player, but I love to play and tweak and try weird stuff.

UDareUTake
05-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Count me in WWKnight!

belophen
05-14-2013, 06:11 AM
i would like to see organized play since the start of the beta, so count with me :)

OmarEpps
05-14-2013, 06:49 AM
May I join as well?

My name is Omar, I'm from LA and I've been playing Magic for about 15 years. I'm really into constructed & limited. Thanks for your consideration!

JMFD
05-14-2013, 07:16 AM
May I join as well?

My name is Omar, I'm from LA and I've been playing Magic for about 15 years. I'm really into constructed & limited. Thanks for your consideration!

Based on the name alone he should be in. Omar Epps is the truth.

You've got the juice now.

Storm_Fireblade
05-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Right now we do have an open invite policy, but this will change soon. We want a guild with enough manpower to enjoy all the variety of the game, but still be able to know each other. So at a certain limit, which is still being discussed, we have to close the door and introduce some form for application system to avoid increasing the member numbers infinitive.

As of yet though, people are welcome to join freely as long as they are capable of behaving mature, decent and respectful:

https://www.simply-gaming.com/hex/forum/

SolarisFall
05-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I do think we want a smaller one. This one makes the signatures obnoxiously large. Anyone else agree?

Yep, I feel its a little too big for forum signatures. It's great, just a lil too big :)

C-Drive
05-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Yep, I feel its a little too big for forum signatures. It's great, just a lil too big :)

I do too, but before I create a finalized sig-sized one, there has to be a decision on what the guild will run with which is up to folks other than me.

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 09:22 AM
I hope to have an answer within the next 24 hours C-Drive. I have a feeling everyone loves yours. Im going to get in trouble from my girlfriend, but oh well!

24 hours and I should have an answer.

OmarEpps
05-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey, so am I signed up or what? Excited to add my skill set to this powerful guild.

cuscus
05-14-2013, 09:42 AM
This sounds like an interesting group that is forming. I'd like to join in the fun if you'll have me.

Most of my experience has been with MTG (Revised through Ravnica block), but I also played a bit of L5R and Decipher's offerings.

OmarEpps
05-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah for real though I can't wait to get this started.

JMFD
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Its an open recruitment policy for right now. Check out the link WWKnight posted a few posts up and sign up for our forums.

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
First page has the forum link for all the new guys :)

@C: Drive. Thank you very much. You have designed the first official logo of Utopian Chaos! Speak to Storm Fireblade about the one you are happiest with, and he will get it onto the guild forums.

I hope you decide to join us!

C-Drive
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
@C: Drive. Thank you very much. You have designed the first official logo of Utopian Chaos! Speak to Storm Fireblade about the one you are happiest with, and he will get it onto the guild forums.

So in response to that - I decided to go with the last color scheme I sent - here's the promised signature bar:

http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png (https://simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/)

Drop this in your signature, and remove all the spaces:

[ URL="https://simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/" ] [ IMG ] http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png [ /IMG ] [ /URL ]

I'll get the logo files to Storm soon.

SolarisFall
05-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Wow very nice!! Thank you again C-Drive!! :D

Kurasa
05-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Way to be awesome, C-Drive! It looks great. Thanks. :)

Cornholio666
05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
doesn't seem to be working for me... no spaces anywhere?

Cornholio666
05-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I got it figured out. I had to remove the tiny [url] around the image web address then it worked.

Dralon
05-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks C-drive. Appreciate your creative work for those like me that are creative impaired :)

S117
05-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Testing to see if my sig is working right...nothing to see here...

EDIT: Yup! Beautiful.

WWKnight
05-15-2013, 01:15 AM
I am going to close open registration at this point. Sorry to everyone else who is interested. We will organise an application process for those who are still interested.

Sorry everyone, its just getting kinda huge too quickly!

Mavian
05-15-2013, 06:34 AM
WWKnight, there a list anywhere of the current guild members?

north_point
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
I would really like to join this guild. I have read through this thread and the sense of community is just great and really very refreshing.

north_point
05-15-2013, 08:37 AM
oh a oops guess I was too late I had not refreshed the thread today till after I posted l only l posted beccause I was getting the feekn from your guilds forums that the applicantion wind was closing.

OGwawa
05-15-2013, 12:29 PM

UDareUTake
05-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Once the registration opens up, WW will announce again =]

Cornholio666
05-15-2013, 02:37 PM
<>

Sajo
05-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I think we are just around 50 at the moment Cornholio.

WWKnight
05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, 50. So far our goal is to "soft cap" the guild at 60 members, and then a "hard-cap" at 65 for current members who bring friends aboard. So if you got friends, you are happy in UC, and you want to play with them, bring them in sooner rather than later, because at 65 we will be saying no, unfortunetly :(

mace
05-15-2013, 09:48 PM
don't forget me !! :)

RiceBucket
05-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Am I seeing some IW guys here?
Hello WWKnight :)

WWKnight
05-16-2013, 06:40 AM
UGH! Dammit guys, the last train already rolled into the station. I will see what I can do.

Ashenor
05-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I am still trying to keep the train at the station for a bit :).

Thanisse
05-17-2013, 11:57 AM
what train :P ?

Hadin
05-17-2013, 12:17 PM
If three is still room on the train I would like to throw my name into the hat. Long time MtG player, I regularly playtest with the PTQ grinders and such (been playing since 97). Grand King + Pro Player.

Cato
05-17-2013, 04:26 PM
It's great to see a slick looking guild coming together so quickly. Maybe you will increase your guild cap during Beta? :cool:

WWKnight
05-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I will ensure we get guild business sorted out tonight/today/soon. Timezones are a real hassle, since I stepped down as leader and created a council for decisions. Of course, I picked a European and an American while im an Australian, so it just makes things a little difficult :P

Watch this space.

Ashenor
05-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Yes but somehow we are both up all the time it seems lmao.

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 01:05 AM
I will ensure we get guild business sorted out tonight/today/soon. Timezones are a real hassle, since I stepped down as leader and created a council for decisions. Of course, I picked a European and an American while im an Australian, so it just makes things a little difficult :P

Watch this space.

oooh , a council :D
how many arena fights do I need to win before challenging one of you to mortal combat for the position xD ?
/end joke

WWKnight
05-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Good one! :)

Storm_Fireblade
05-18-2013, 01:21 AM
Yes but somehow we are both up all the time it seems lmao.

That is because we are online all the time :D

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 03:30 AM
That is because we are online all the time :D

it's hard to not be online all the time ... there's a lot of information to hunt xD
especially with thte proplayer tier going down xD

now things should settle down :P

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 05:39 AM
And yes guys, we have some great players already, if you are interested signup for our forums and become part of our community, send one of us a PM on there also saying you would like to become a member and we will work on it :).

stavie33
05-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey, I'm a semi-serious gamer that's already thrown $340 at this game (Early King/Pro) and I already like some of the active members here. I enjoy long walks on the beach and being a founding member of what looks to be the most influential guild in the entire game. (I feel like I'm filling out one of those dating "About Me" sections.)

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey, I'm a semi-serious gamer that's already thrown $340 at this game (Early King/Pro) and I already like some of the active members here. I enjoy long walks on the beach and being a founding member of what looks to be the most influential guild in the entire game. (I feel like I'm filling out one of those dating "About Me" sections.)

I enjoy long walks on the beach too , so we might enjoy one together
*wink wink*

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Someone buy me a drink with a umbrella in it :).

LexC
05-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Just realized I still haven't left a message in this thread.

Very fun and dedicated guild. I am definitely glad to be a part of it! Thank you for the invite.

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Just realized I still haven't left a message in this thread.

Very fun and dedicated guild. I am definitely glad to be a part of it! Thank you for the invite.

am I missing something , or is king good as well ?
why did you pick up 2 kings instead of another pro player xD ?

LexC
05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
The way I see it, if you pick 1 Pro over 2 Kings:

+ [PLUS] Free Draft Tournament per week for life
- [MINUS] 4 starter decks
- [MINUS] 150 booster packs
- [MINUS] Another set of all the Stretch Goals

150 boosters = 50 weeks of draft = 12 months of draft = 1 year of draft. I guess another Pro would pay for itself in a year but I have to do a draft a week without fail, and personally for me I don't know if I'll be able to do it because of how I'll be playing the game, so I decided to go 2 Kings. Plus, Pro was sold out lol

sPultz
05-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi,

Is guild recruitment still open? I am an old school TCG player, but haven't been playing much recently. Started off with MTG about 2 decades ago, played a little of WoW TCG and I'm hoping to pick it up once again. I currently have a Dragon Lord account and hope to add a Pro if it becomes available again.

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey, sPultz. Head over to the forums and post some and get to know our members. I will see what i can do to get you a invite. We have 7 Dragon Lords currently, a 8th would be nice :).

Keep refresing the page when you can on KS, i have seen a few pro's pop up today. There will be some people upgrading to Grand King i am sure until they are gone.

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
The way I see it, if you pick 1 Pro over 2 Kings:

+ [PLUS] Free Draft Tournament per week for life
- [MINUS] 4 starter decks
- [MINUS] 150 booster packs
- [MINUS] Another set of all the Stretch Goals

150 boosters = 50 weeks of draft = 12 months of draft = 1 year of draft. I guess another Pro would pay for itself in a year but I have to do a draft a week without fail, and personally for me I don't know if I'll be able to do it because of how I'll be playing the game, so I decided to go 2 Kings. Plus, Pro was sold out lol

good eye - never thought of the boosters as "almost free drafts" , I am still lamenting if I should pay for a king myself since it's highly debatable if I will reach 500 in time to get one of those before they end up dead .

Dekester
05-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Dang, guess I missed the boat on this one. Guild sounds great though! If you open it up again, I'd be interested.

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Stop by our forums and introduce yourself. That way when we open some spots you will know some members :).

Dekester
05-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Done and done.

LexC
05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Utopian Chaos seems to be a rather popular choice :)

Dralon
05-19-2013, 10:18 AM
We do have a lot of time until beta and some good discussions going on in our forums, so even for those who are not members yet, do drop by, and share thoughts, ideas, enjoy the anticipation of what's to come. It's great to see a Hex community already forming....for a game most of us didn't know existed 2 weeks ago :)

Ashenor
05-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Yes wow what a 2 weeks it has been, and here is hoping that summer flies by :).

Thanisse
05-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I really need to get time to stalk the guild forums too ...
but so much drawings to make ... so little time T_T

hope to have more time after my study period

LexC
05-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I need a Sig with a Guild logo as well... So Jealous

Thanisse
05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I need a Sig with a Guild logo as well... So Jealous

copy paste the we have xD ... someone made it for us xD :D
will have to make a personal one later :P
maybe with bunnies

Truhls
05-19-2013, 11:52 PM
I started posting on the forums, and hope a spot opens up soon :) Also i pledged at the GK level XD

WWKnight
05-20-2013, 01:29 AM
I really need to get time to stalk the guild forums too ...
but so much drawings to make ... so little time T_T

hope to have more time after my study period

Id love to see some drawings!?!! I love art! Feel free to come show them on the forums Thanisse!

LexC
05-20-2013, 02:08 AM
copy paste the we have xD ... someone made it for us xD :D
will have to make a personal one later :P
maybe with bunnies

What's the code to make it link back to the site?

Thanisse
05-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Id love to see some drawings!?!! I love art! Feel free to come show them on the forums Thanisse!

sadly it's technical drawing :P
not something that pretty to look at unless you like screws and machine parts :P
should be something for the artifact lovers :P

I do draw artistic stuff , but am not great at it ... and didn't do it properly in AGES
should pick up learning that one day ... so I can make my own game without having to pay artists xD HA !

also LEX , here's the link :
[ URL="https://simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/" ][ IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png [ /IMG ][/URL ]

just remove the spaces in between the [ and words

LexC
05-20-2013, 07:03 AM
also LEX , here's the link :
[ URL="https://simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/" ][ IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/aeU4CXf.png [ /IMG ][/URL ]

just remove the spaces in between the [ and words

Great stuff, thank you. Later on I will try and make me a little banner type sig so I can add i to my other sig without it dominating half the screen :)

Rhapsydian
05-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Hiya Luke :) Yet another game we will be playing together.

Ashenor
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Which other do you play now Rhapsydian? IW?

Rhapsydian
05-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Which other do you play now Rhapsydian? IW?

Yeap I've been playing IW since Alpha.

Ashenor
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Nice i just won a spot this weekend, same name there. Playing FD rush :).

Rhapsydian
05-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Nice :). I have an unfortunate addiction to Genesis Industries. Just ask Luke lol. He's been telling me to get a new faction for ages.

Ashenor
05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Nice i will have to see if you can build me a decent Genesis deck to start out with.

http://infinitydeck.net/d_65

LexC
05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
IW scares me, it looks really complicated lol

Ashenor
05-21-2013, 02:43 PM
IW scares me, it looks really complicated lol

Actually its not, once you get in it just sort of feels right, and not hard to pick up.

Dralon
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
No time to play... Must get child to sleep, so I can return to Hex Wiki editing :)

LexC
05-22-2013, 06:04 AM
No time to play... Must get child to sleep, so I can return to Hex Wiki editing :)

Ohh yea, how's that going? I really need to get my creative juices flowing and help out...

Storm_Fireblade
05-24-2013, 02:41 AM
We are still around and our community is thriving more and more every day :)

www.utopianchaos.com

Ravallian
05-24-2013, 03:08 AM
We're quietly plotting and scheming to take over the universe!...now ready my Death Star!.....oops wrong game!

Dralon
05-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Ohh yea, how's that going? I really need to get my creative juices flowing and help out...

The Wiki is coming along nicely. At this point all the cards that have been released are in, but I am still working on getting pages and links for the equipment in place, and it can still use lots of info regarding game mechanics, lore. Making it pretty, etc. Definately worth checking out.

www.hextcg.wikia.com

Dralon
05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
I put up a list of the links I knew of to info about Hex, particularly the videos, demos and audio involving Cory or the other developers. If you know of other good ones I missed, let me know, and I'll put it in also.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24061

JMFD
05-25-2013, 01:42 AM
I am only here for the ladies.

Ebynfel
05-25-2013, 11:41 PM

I'd be here for the ladies, but I don't think I'm quite here...hmm..

Also, excellent work Dralon.

Evesgallion
05-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Ok so I'm fairly new to the TCG scene (I played MTG during series 7 - odyssey but that was a long time ago... and I was fairly competitive with my zombie deck) that this has worked from (though I get the idea of resources and powerful units costing more etc.) I however would like to be competitive in both the PvE and PvP portions of this game. I like the PvE because of the mercenaries you'll get (they're basically another champion how awesome is that?) but I also like the PvP specifically because of the draft/banned cards concept. In WoW and LoL I always wished there was "banned" champions and classes (because prot PvP heals was just broken at one time as was Tryndamere in season 1) at one point or another. I have been very competitive in both PvE and PvP up to a point I was extremely PvE focused in WoW (I don't like WoW PvP all that much) and got server seconds (sadly no first but that's because all the really good guilds weren't recruiting publicly in cata) and was the best geared priest for a long time. I also play LoL fairly regularly and have hit gold in season 2 and am aiming for diamond for season 3. Hex is exciting to me for many reason but most of all I really enjoy PvP in a PvP balanced situation (this is where PvP banned cards makes me excited since anyone can have any card no one is potentially stronger than another) however I also enjoy the PvE portion of Hex as it is going to have "raids" and "arenas" (the arena where you endlessly fight people until you lose and the 3 man raids... I think it's 3 at least I remember reading it was 3 but that could just be dungeons.) The first thing I did towards Hex was kickstart it as soon as I found out. Now the sad thing is I couldn't kickstart as a proplayer cause those were already all gone, so I did the collector kickstart because having an extra set of all the exclusive cards is just that awesome (and I have 6 new alternative PvP arts... which means more PvP cards.) The second thing I'm doing is looking for a guild, which is where you come in. I'm excited for the game but I'm also excited for finding a competitive and good guild, which is what I'm hoping you are. Now I'm not sure how the classes work yet (I've still got a bit of research for after work today) but I'm sure if there's an option I'd like to be a healer (I'm going to use the angel mercenary from kickstarting for sure for most of my PvE experience) or at least make my deck more support oriented in terms of group mechanics. Supporting could mean buffing my allies and putting out great defensive monsters, or it could mean just flat out healing and keeping life bars up on every turn I get. This is what I'm "hoping" I could do in PvE (who knows until the game is actually out and playable right?) so we'll see how everything goes.

Dralon
05-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Hiya Eves. I can tell you are as excited as us about Hex. There is much we don't know yet, such as how the classes work, and I look forward to seeing Raids, where I can bring a "Tanking" deck along with my priest and dps companions and show the raid bosses 'what for'.

The best way to get to know us and see if our guild is a fit for you is to visit our forums, click on my sig for our web site, and then the link to our forums. Register and then introduce yourself and join us in our discussions about Hex, and other things that tickle our fancy over the coming months.

Evesgallion
05-27-2013, 12:03 AM
already had signed up I had waited on posting until I got a response here (just in case) cause I don't like diving into a group of people and just kinda shouting "this is what I think!" without some sort of intro >.> anyways... to the forums I go!

Ashenor
05-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Hey Eve's, yes hop on over to our forums :).

We have a lot of members and friends that use our chat box to talk and post in general. We have a good community going over there.

MisterBurkes
05-29-2013, 12:40 PM

Sold.

Grissnap
05-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, not sure who to talk to about this, but someone posted this article on the Kickstarter comments. Just want to say its poor form stealing images and ideas without giving credit, so you might want to edit your post a bit.

Offending article:
http://utopianchaos.com/art-of-war-pvp-deck-building-101/

Source of images:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/370207/what-i-know-about-magic-the-gathering

Ashenor
05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks Grissnap i am looking into it now, and will talk with the author of it.

Also we have the new site up http://utopianchaos.com/, we are working on a site to provide all dTCG news. Our new forums are located off of there, still working out to see if we can transfer content from our old ones over.

Ashenor
05-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Also we will be opening recruitment back up for some more members.

oncewasblind
05-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks Grissnap! Edit made.

Ashenor
05-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Come over and visit our new site, to hang out and talk all things dTCG or let us know if you are interested in joining the guild.

http://utopianchaos.com/.

Dralon
05-31-2013, 05:52 AM
BTW, to all of us using the c-drive sig that links to the forums, make sure you update the link to our new forum site! :)

http://forum.utopianchaos.com/forumz/

LexC
05-31-2013, 07:09 AM
BTW, to all of us using the c-drive sig that links to the forums, make sure you update the link to our new forum site! :)

http://forum.utopianchaos.com/forumz/

Fixed. Thank you for the reminder.

Genocidal
05-31-2013, 09:31 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24438

I don't know if he's actually a member or not, but I don't think this is the image you guys want to portray.

Dralon
05-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Has been noted Genocidal. I forum lurk too much so noticed it. I do appreciate the heads up.

Ashenor
05-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks i appreciate it, we have had issues in the past with him and talked to him quite a few times. I posted in the thread for him to remove the banner and sent a PM also.

We are looking to help build the community here, and we don't have any room for Trolling or the such.

Genocidal
05-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys. :)

I figure the less chance we give him to have anything resembling people who endorse his behavior, the more likely he'll stop.

Brumby66
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM
That was the reason I did not submit an app to Utopian Chaos. I was worried about the personalities that represented it. Respect +1 for making the right decision for your guild.

OmarEpps
05-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to the Guild for my time here.

Smell you later,

Omar.

Dralon
06-01-2013, 12:17 AM
With the weekend here, a reminder that full transition has been made to the new website and forums. Most have checked in and registered at the new site already, but if you haven't....that's where we've been. Come on over and join in the planning and game discussions!

http://forum.utopianchaos.com/forumz/index.php

Ashenor
06-01-2013, 08:06 AM
The site and new forums are going well. Come check out our new front page also with all things dTCG new's. Just got the first scoop about real money tournaments for Infinity Wars also. Will be cool if other games go the e-Sports route.

http://www.utopianchaos.com/

LexC
06-02-2013, 02:54 AM
I just want to let everyone know that we are still heavily involved with HEX, the rest of the dTCG is an added bonus ;)

Madican
06-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Just letting you guys know that one of your members, UDareUTake, is sending private messages to people trying to buy their Spectral Lotus Gardens. Kind of gives the impression of someone trying to prey on people who might underestimate its value. Not a good image for your guild.

Chance
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
I sent him a message as well as informed our GM Madican, will stop it as soon as possible though I don't mind people trading/selling I have a problem with spamming. Thanks Madican for your concern.

thejchau
06-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new and Utopian Chaos sounded pretty cool, are you all still recruiting?

Dralon
06-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi thejchau. Our recruiting is closed at the moment. That being said, it won't be forever, and we invite you to join us on our forums which you can reach by clicking on the pic in my signature below. We have many months of anticipation, and are spending time reviewing the info being released, getting to know each other. The more we get a chance to interact with you, and you with us, the better we will both know if Utopian Chaos is the right place for you.

Thanks Madican for your information. Building positive relations with the entire Hex community will always be a primary focus for this guild, and will be expected of all our members. If any community members have concerns about anyone flying the UC colors, Please don't hesitate to let us know. You can PM me, Ashenor or WWKnight with any concerns.

And look forward to more information about Utopian Chaos in coming days.

UDareUTake
06-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Just letting you guys know that one of your members, UDareUTake, is sending private messages to people trying to buy their Spectral Lotus Gardens. Kind of gives the impression of someone trying to prey on people who might underestimate its value. Not a good image for your guild.

Hi Madican, In no way I am trying to scam ppl of buying their gardens, I handpicked certain ppl to PM who either has been in certain garden-related threads or have shown negative interest in keeping their gardens, as for the "spam" portion, unless I made a mistake somewhere, I should only have had sent 1 PM max, I keep track of all my PMs and responses, and which part of my PM seems to suggest me trying to scam?
Below is my generic PM message-

Hi,

Will you be willing to sell your lotus gardens?

PM me your rough price if possible, we can anchor down on the final price when the game is launched..

Payment can be in the form of boosters, in-game currency(Gold or Plat) or paypal

I sent him a message as well as informed our GM Madican, will stop it as soon as possible though I don't mind people trading/selling I have a problem with spamming. Thanks Madican for your concern.

I dun understand the negative shunning here, but as a respect to your opinions as well as UC's stand, I'll stop with the PMs if it makes everyone happy.
Hopefully this will clear up all the misunderstanding Thank you