PDA

View Full Version : Filthy Savages - A Place to Make Friends

Trevopotamus
05-14-2013, 10:52 PM
So it may be a silly to do this since this is for a game that's not even out yet and we're all going to be waiting for 4 long months for a beta invite, but I wanted to check in with all you early birds to see if this idea is going to gain any interest: A Guild of Bros.

Okay so hear me out. Quick back story: I'm a 20-something that's been playing tcgs for a bit over a year with some friends. We got in during the Innistrad block for MtG and absolutely fell in love with the format. But when my friends and I go to a local shop to play some FNM, we always spot some pretty sour moments:

-Cheaters who take advantage of people that don't know the game and don't know to ask for a judge
-Social rejects that would hound you all night for a trade you don't want to make
-Sore losers who say things like, "I don't want to be an asshole, but I would've beaten you if...."
-And a whole lot of other terrible stereotypes of the gaming community.

Obviously there are also the normal players who are kind, dapper folk just like you or I, but overall my favorite experiences playing tcgs are the ones I have playing with friends at one of our places. Now that our places are miles and miles away, I want to make a guild that feels like that in HEX.

I want a guild where you hear the following:
- "Oh shit! Got that rare you were looking for. Here, take it, hook me up the next time you pull X "
- "You're going Rabbits? Alright, I'll go Coyotes so we're not hunting after the same cards"
- "You know what would be fun? Can we pool together some stuff and make a deck just out of rat cards?"
- "Oh man, if you paired up that card with Y, you'd have a sick combo. I think I got some, let me check..."

What you can expect with Filthy Savages:
We're looking to make a guild of like minded individuals who want a relaxing, friendly experience. I don't just want a guild of friendly people, I want a guild of people who are friends. So that's why I'd like to make this guild. Don't let the name fool you, I'm sure anyone who joins up is a classy guy/gal. Ideally we'd do both PvP and PvE content. I know my friends and I love to tinker with decks until they're perfect, so don't be afraid to let your inner hardcore nerd shine and go into the deep end in this game; we'd be right behind you. Hopefully we'd get to do little fun guild drafts and tourneys on scheduled nights, or just some fun deck testing whenever some folks are on. I'm sure all aspects of this game will be fully represented within the guild. The most important thing to us is logging on and always being excited about who you saw online.

If this sounds like something you'd be into, please leave a comment. If this gets enough people behind it, I'll be sure to make a website and all that fun guild stuff. If not, I'll look for a way to shamefully delete this post and slink away in the anonymity of the internet.

Thanks for your time and thanks for reading this incredibly wordy post, you're a real stud for reading all of this.

Thanisse
05-15-2013, 01:17 AM
dedication for you :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Sounds like "Friendly neighbors" instead of a bunch of savages. I like it :)

"Hey neighbor, mind if I borrow your lawnmower?"

One question that the cynic in me throws to the fore is: "how would you keep newcomers from abusing your helpfulness?". E.g. how do you know beforehand that your new neighbor is as friendly and helpful as you are? Or if he/she isn't, what do you do? But that's something that can be dealt with at a later time.

What you're suggesting sounds very nice to me and similar to the clan I joined during my short stint in EVE. Folks from the Ars Technica fora ran their own clan and shared resources rather freely as you are suggesting.

Trevopotamus
05-15-2013, 07:03 AM
That's a good question. There is a significant amount of undercover jerks out there in InternetLand and no one wants to be taken advantage of, especially when there is a dollar amount involved. So my solution to this problem is a fairly simple collection of learned wisdom:

Selective Recruiting:
1) Typically if someone joins and immediately drops a dubious, "Ya know... I've been looking for X for a while... Anyone have one?" then they probably are going to NOT be given that golden key to the kingdom right off the bat. And besides, if someone is joining just for the free swag, then we don't want them. The free cards shouldn't be some kind of entitlement, what we're going for is having cool folks join to make a positive atmosphere; the nice, happy trading is a result of that. I'd sacrifice quantity for quality anytime. I'd rather have 20 people I can trust instead of 100 people, 50 of which I can't stand. Also, as a dude who treats his twitter account like a Tibetan Monk Rock Garden, I LOVE to kick people out of guilds if they're being a jabroni. If someone hounds other people for free stuff and bothers them, I'll show them the door. Also: How awesome is it that I'm bringing back 'jabroni'?

Caution and Relationship Building:
2) Just like you would with friends in your regular life, trust is built up. You don't tell someone EVERYTHING once you meet them, you reveal more when you feel more comfortable with them. Same way here. I don't mind taking that weighted risk of someone insta-typing /gquit if all they're making off with is one rare Ruby card. I HATE Ruby cards. In fact, it'll make me happier knowing that this clown is out there with that Ruby card I hated equally as much. They deserve each other. Buncha jerks. I'd be more wounded if I handed them my 60 card control deck that I've been crafting for 2 sets now and then they run.

Greed, or Lack Thereof:
3) My friends and I have NEVER been greedy people. We love to play the game, not amass hordes of wealth. We've freely traded cards between ourselves so often and later in the week been like, "Oh jeez, I guess that card was worth 20 bucks? Oh well."

Finally, the reason for the name Filthy Savages is that one of our own's last name is Savage. I think this is awesome. Combine this with the scientific fact that it's a fun thing to call friends: "What's up, you filthy savages?" "Ugh, you just stomped my deck like a filthy savage." And you got yourself one fun guild full of cool people.

Thanks for the question. That means people have been reading this post! *gasp* I've always believed I was cursed on internet forums and threads. Whenever I comment not only does the thread instantly die, but I'm almost positive the forum itself starts to wither and decay. So thank you all for that little bit of validation.

Trevopotamus
05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
dedication for you :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

Why is it that fat people are ALWAYS evil when it comes to Disney? Those musically inclined b'stards...

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey, when it comes to people called Savage I've come to appreciate the awesome Dan Savage :)

I agree on your suggested approach to my doubts. I reckon you can count me in as the first prospective member :)

Trevopotamus
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm happy to hear it. If you have any friends that you're wrangling into this KS like I have, send them over this way! We'll be one big happy guild of card slinging champs.

Thanisse
05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Hey, when it comes to people called Savage I've come to appreciate the awesome Dan Savage :)

I agree on your suggested approach to my doubts. I reckon you can count me in as the first prospective member :)

I prefer Vandal Savage myself :P

and heeey , fat people are always evil ... not just in disney

Massabik
05-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, let's see...

I can be filthy...check
I can be a savage...check
I can be an evil fat people...check

Sign my up as having interest :cool:

Trevopotamus
05-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Well, let's see...

I can be filthy...check
I can be a savage...check
I can be an evil fat people...check

Sign my up as having interest :cool:

Hey! That's great! Thanks for taking an interest!

I prefer Vandal Savage myself :P

and heeey , fat people are always evil ... not just in disney

How rude.

Thanisse
05-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Hey! That's great! Thanks for taking an interest!

How rude.

I am fat myself !
I am especially evil !

shiningideal
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
This sounds really promising - that's my default behavior pattern after a few long years trying to be a community builder in some tabletop TCGs. This sounds a lot like what I was hoping for.

C-Drive
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Will I ever stop? I'm going to be honest - this one is my favorite so far.

http://i.imgur.com/kAVTT7x.png

And signature bar:

http://i.imgur.com/ZWqQ1cH.png

Smiling_Minus
05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
you know what i love that design c drive and furthermore id like very much to be a member of this guild.

Massabik
05-16-2013, 08:11 PM
That looks awesome C-Drive!

Trevopotamus
05-16-2013, 08:56 PM
this sounds really promising - that's my default behavior pattern after a few long years trying to be a community builder in some tabletop tcgs. This sounds a lot like what i was hoping for.

you know what i love that design c drive and furthermore id like very much to be a member of this guild.

will i ever stop? I'm going to be honest - this one is my favorite so far.

http://i.imgur.com/kAVTT7x.png

and signature bar:

http://i.imgur.com/ZWqQ1cH.png

I like all of these things!!!

Cailin_Coilleach
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
And I like all of you guys!

In the most platonic way possible, of course... ( >_>)

My god C-Drive, that's a brilliant design!

Trevopotamus
05-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Okay gang, feel free to add C-Drive's gorgeous image to your signatures if you're down to be a Filthy Savage. Also, we have a website linked in my signature as well as here. (filthysavages.enjin.com) I'll try my best to make this website workable, but with 4 months to go till game time, I won't hold it against anyone if there isn't the most activity in the world over here. Hopefully it'll be a nice gathering place for us all to get to know each other before we start to play. Feel free to keep this thread as active as you like, I'd like to keep this thread going so people looking for a good guild to join can see us.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the great work!

Heh, this is a new experience. Usually I'm the one up in arms, making logos and websites for a new group. Now I'm beaten to the punch :) I don't mind, it's great work you're doing! If you need help with the site (like setting up Wordpress for the real site instead of a forum) or whatnot, let me know.

EDIT:
Ah, I see that Enjin.com also provides a CMS for websites etc, so a WP site isn't needed either. Nice.

I reckon a nice jungle theme would suit our logo ;)

C-Drive
05-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Heh, this is a new experience. Usually I'm the one up in arms, making logos and websites for a new group. Now I'm beaten to the punch :)

I just got on this kick lately with making logos for the few HEX guilds that are sprouting up. I REALLY wanted to make a logo for this one because I kept having this idea in my head of it - and well - the original idea led to something much more awesome.

JMFD
05-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Looks like you all have a solid foundation. Awesome to see another good friendly community pop up.

Best of luck to you guys!

Pariahzkope
05-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi, I'm signed up to the pro player tier, but it's likely I'll spend as much time in the PvE environment for various reasons (most of them time- and marriage-based). Are you looking for more casual members, or focused on the PvP/tourney aspect?
If you're good with casual, sounds like the type of environment I nurture in my WoW guild, and I'd like to be a part of it. :)

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Seeing how I'm casual as well (married too, and a kid) we'll just team up Pariahzkope ;)

C-Drive
05-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Put together a larger header for the guildsite @ enjin: http://i.imgur.com/uRGhtbA.png

shiningideal
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
The logo is amazing C-Drive. So fluffy.

Massabik
05-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Could someone explain how to put the logo into the signature for me? :rolleyes:

Ashenor
05-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Good luck with the guild guys and see ya in game.

Pariahzkope
05-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Seeing how I'm casual as well (married too, and a kid) we'll just team up Pariahzkope ;)

That sounds like a good plan!

Trevopotamus
05-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi, I'm signed up to the pro player tier, but it's likely I'll spend as much time in the PvE environment for various reasons (most of them time- and marriage-based). Are you looking for more casual members, or focused on the PvP/tourney aspect?
If you're good with casual, sounds like the type of environment I nurture in my WoW guild, and I'd like to be a part of it. :)

We'd love to have ya! The reason I want to make this guild is that I want to make a guild that wasn't defined by how competitive it was in game play, but how friendly its community was. I feel like that's kind of rare quality to find. We don't care if you're on just to look at the pretty images on the cards, or if you want to be the very best like no one ever was, the important thing is we all socialize and help each other out to make the very best gaming experience for all of us.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Could someone explain how to put the logo into the signature for me? :rolleyes:

Go to your settings page and opt to edit your signature.

Then enter the following:

[ url=http://filthysavages.enjin.com/][ img]http://i.imgur.com/ZWqQ1cH.png[/img][/url]

BUT NOTE: take away the space before "url" and before "img".

C-Drive
05-17-2013, 12:18 PM
EDIT: darn CODE tags aren't working right.

Noticed this the other day, makes it hard to respond with a good/working answer.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Put together a larger header for the guildsite @ enjin: http://i.imgur.com/uRGhtbA.png

Did I mention you're a trooper?

Now, ever since I left the office this afternoon I've been meaning to ask you: would you let me/us put that big logo on the back of a sweater, or on a shirt? I'd love to do it in vinyl (rendering it nearly indestructable), on the back of a hoodie. That'd be brilliant :)

Of course that's getting ahead of things a little bit maybe, but there you go :)

C-Drive
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Now, ever since I left the office this afternoon I've been meaning to ask you: would you let me/us put that big logo on the back of a sweater, or on a shirt? I'd love to do it in vinyl (rendering it nearly indestructable), on the back of a hoodie. That'd be brilliant :)

Oooo....car decals.

But yeah, it's intended for the guild to use.

I also think I'm gonna join up with the Savages - even though I was always more of a "get into the game and see where I end up"-type of guy. I just love looking at that logo, and I think Trevo's original "mission statement" is one I can go along with. Add to that what he said recently:

We don't care if you're on just to look at the pretty images on the cards, or if you want to be the very best like no one ever was, the important thing is we all socialize and help each other out to make the very best gaming experience for all of us.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 12:48 PM
ACE! :D

Would you be willing to share the vector format file with me? That's what's needed to make the vinyl cuts.

Zombuddha
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I am very interested in joining your guild as I understand the venomous environment some game rooms and card shops encourage. I am a 30 something year old disabled gamer and when I can actually make it down to the card shop to play, the environment is not always "welcoming". I personally have been playing MTG on and off since Tempest and Stronghold, and generally only play with a few select friends. I would definitely like to be part of a growing community that is not elitist and is open to card playing enthusiasts old and new. Let me know where to sign up and I'm there!

Massabik
05-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Testing for the signature

Woot! Thanks so much!

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Let me know where to sign up and I'm there!

I think you just did :)

I reckon that for starters we'll simply be getting to know eachother. We won't be doing much screening yet as was suggested on the first page.

@ C-Drive:
I've received the vectors. They're great! Good work man :)

Trevopotamus
05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
I am very interested in joining your guild as I understand the venomous environment some game rooms and card shops encourage. I am a 30 something year old disabled gamer and when I can actually make it down to the card shop to play, the environment is not always "welcoming". I personally have been playing MTG on and off since Tempest and Stronghold, and generally only play with a few select friends. I would definitely like to be part of a growing community that is not elitist and is open to card playing enthusiasts old and new. Let me know where to sign up and I'm there!

Just go to our website by clicking right here (filthysavages.enjin.com) and get yourself all signed up.

Trevopotamus
05-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I also think I'm gonna join up with the Savages - even though I was always more of a "get into the game and see where I end up"-type of guy. I just love looking at that logo, and I think Trevo's original "mission statement" is one I can go along with.

I am thrilled to hear it! Once again, a huge thanks for the guild logo, it's radical. I have a lot of love for casual gaming. Some of my favorite moments in playing Magic have been walking my girlfriend through a couple rounds to have her beat me and then trash talk. While I do love trying to make great decks with good synergy, you can ask myself or the guild's namesake, for us winning isn't everything. He had this black/blue mill deck and every time he won we both ended up exhausted and bummed out from how oppressive that deck is. He junked it for parts shortly after that realization.

WWKnight
05-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Curse you! You stole our logo guy! You shall pay for this in the arenas of the Mountain Primal! *shakes fist menacingly*

:P I love the community aspects going on over here. I guess when a game is announced, the ones interested in forming a guild will be filled with those interested in strong communities. So it makes sense that we are all of like minds and goals :)

Cant wait until we can see each other running around in game! (and then I can kill you and drain your corpse in the Arena. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!)

AstronauticFrog
05-17-2013, 09:03 PM
So, I made an account more or less specifically to join up with you guys. I backed at the Pro Player level, and I figured I would just lurk in the tournaments and maybe solo some PvE, but I looked in the Guild forum just in case anything caught my eye, and you sure did!

This sounds like a great community to be a part of; consider me signed up! I look forward to anxiously awaiting the September beta with y'all!

Trevopotamus
05-17-2013, 09:15 PM
So, I made an account more or less specifically to join up with you guys. I backed at the Pro Player level, and I figured I would just lurk in the tournaments and maybe solo some PvE, but I looked in the Guild forum just in case anything caught my eye, and you sure did!

This sounds like a great community to be a part of; consider me signed up! I look forward to anxiously awaiting the September beta with y'all!

I love hearing that! Thank you so much! Feel free to visit our website at filthysavages.com and join the humble forums we have and commiserate with the rest of us that we have 4 more months to wait.

And more than I love hearing what you're saying: I love your name even more. Keep being awesome.

AstronauticFrog
05-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Haha, thanks, my full handle is usually AstronauticBullfrog, but this will have to do, as Cryptozoic has a character limit.

I feel sexy with this sweet new banner in my sig. Thanks C-Drive ;)

Cailin_Coilleach
05-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Curse you! You stole our logo guy! You shall pay for this in the arenas of the Mountain Primal! *shakes fist menacingly*
No reason our guilds can't be allied. Then again, blood is always needed in the arena. Mmm.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!)
AND SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE!

Yamusha
05-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys,

Here writing from Barcelona (Spain). I read your post and it seems interesting, could I apply to join?

Thanks!!

Trevopotamus
05-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Guys,

Here writing from Barcelona (Spain). I read your post and it seems interesting, could I apply to join?

Thanks!!

Well hello over there in Barcelona! Currently there is no applying process, just head on over to our site at filthysavages.com and get an account so as to join in on our festivities.

Welcome aboard!

cross09
05-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds good to me, I would be interested in joining up!

Skyrek
05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Your guild sounds awesome. Good luck! I am currently working with a few other people to see if we can get a PvE oriented guild off the ground, but I'll keep the Savages in mind if not. In any case I'd be an honor to take the PvE field with you guys or possibly play a few rounds against you at some point.

Boogaloo
05-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I would also like to join - I'll be joining the FS site soon too.

I'm really glad to see that there's already a group of people gathering who likes games enough to organize and socialize as a group, but doesn't take them too seriously. I'm backing as a Grand King, but I don't take the games I play as deadly seriously as some hardcore players/raiders in other games - having fun with friends is always the prime concern for me.

Dralon
05-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Sounds like another great guild in the making. Great to have such a number of wonderful, passionate people involve with Hex at such an early stage.

Trevopotamus
05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Sounds good to me, I would be interested in joining up!

I would also like to join - I'll be joining the FS site soon too.

I'm really glad to see that there's already a group of people gathering who likes games enough to organize and socialize as a group, but doesn't take them too seriously. I'm backing as a Grand King, but I don't take the games I play as deadly seriously as some hardcore players/raiders in other games - having fun with friends is always the prime concern for me.

Way to make the right choice, you filthy savages! I know Boog's got the right idea, but cross09, feel free to do a quick click to filthysavages.com and take it all from there. Welcome to the place where all us studly card players convene. I can personally speak for the rest of us at FS when I say that we're incredibly humbled and excited to have you two want to party with us.

Also to Skyrek and Dralon as well as all the other spoken for players that have kind words to say: Thank you. We still plan on PvPing you into the dirt with our l33t haxx0r skills, but your kind words are appreciated and we wish you all the best.

Avvil
05-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Tentatively interested in joining this guild, though I'll say up front that I'm not committing to anything at this point.

Really, I'm a serious PvP player, but while I enjoy the social element of guilds, I'm not interested in joining a guild that is going to be cold-as-ice and pursue victory with single-minded determination at the expense of everything else. Excellence in play is a personal expectation I set for myself, not something I necessarily expect of my guildmates (though I certainly don't have any complaints if they wish to hold themselves to the same standards). What I do look for, though, is camaraderie and trust of those I play alongside, so the founding principles of this guild naturally appeal to me.

I generally enjoy being in a position of helping others out in my guild with little expectation of repayment, whether it's teaching new players the ropes, lending guild members resources when they're in need, or acting as a sounding board for builds and strategies (or in this case, deck construction). I have held guild officer positions in the past, though rarely led them. I am more than happy to leave that particular task to someone else.

Although my primary concern with Hex is going to be PvP, I am hardly uninterested in the PvE experience. Rather the contrary, I am looking forward to it immensely, and expect that I will become deeply involved in both PvP and PvE in this game, and certainly wish to join a guild that will be able to raid effectively, and again, this guild appears as though it will do a fine job of being able to fit the bill.

As I said at the start, though, I'm not formally joining at this point. This post is just to throw my name out there and let you know that I have definite interest, as well as what experiences I bring to the table. (Though I wouldn't mind if you kept a place for me. If you're planning to cut off open membership at some point, I wouldn't mind knowing so I at least have the chance to commit before then)

mase1771
05-20-2013, 09:18 PM
I definitely wanna be a part of this. I'm fairly new to TCGs (I've played some MTG, but nothing regular). I'm part of another gaming group but don't think they have any interest in Hex, so here I am!

Smiling_Minus
05-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Avvil i hope you join, i'd enjoy having another player in the guild that is pvp centric to the point of perhaps compulsion but joins social guilds, i join them because they really take the edge off after several intense matches and really make the game feel like a game. from my perspective anyway

Trevopotamus
05-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Avvil, our door is always open to you. Like Smiling Minus, I'm more looking forward to PvP than PvE, though I plan on doing both to an obnoxious degree. And I find that PvP is the most fun for me when I'm surrounded by a guild of friends that allows me to test/build the best deck I can in a 100% friendly setting.

@mase1771: I'm so happy to hear that! Please head on over to our forums and join in on the fun!

brain84
05-21-2013, 08:02 AM
i wanna join to you just describde how i like to play any game where you join together to play

grtz hans

AstronauticFrog
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Alright! Feel free to check us out and come on board at filthysavages.com!

zaku
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Looks like this is the guild for me.

I'm going to play Hex mostly for the PVP and dabble on the PVE. Having a group of people to test decks and raid with will be fun.

shiningideal
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Really, I'm a serious PvP player, but while I enjoy the social element of guilds, I'm not interested in joining a guild that is going to be cold-as-ice and pursue victory with single-minded determination at the expense of everything else. Excellence in play is a personal expectation I set for myself, not something I necessarily expect of my guildmates (though I certainly don't have any complaints if they wish to hold themselves to the same standards). What I do look for, though, is camaraderie and trust of those I play alongside, so the founding principles of this guild naturally appeal to me.

I generally enjoy being in a position of helping others out in my guild with little expectation of repayment, whether it's teaching new players the ropes, lending guild members resources when they're in need, or acting as a sounding board for builds and strategies (or in this case, deck construction). I have held guild officer positions in the past, though rarely led them. I am more than happy to leave that particular task to someone else.

I think there are going to be a few players fitting into that general line of thinking as we have a few pretty competitive and PVP centric people and raiders both it looks like. I know for me, it was about finding a group more like my local L5R or MTG playgroups - people I'd go have a beer with after rather than people who'd give me a demerit if I went to see a movie instead.

Massabik
05-21-2013, 04:28 PM
<stalks Shining>.......<checks off a demerit on the clipboard when he sees Shining enter the movie house>.....

<remembers he is getting a checkmark too for not being there because he's stalking Shining>.....

Is it September yet? :p

Trevopotamus
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
<checks off a demerit>

demerit

*clicks a red pen* You poor bastards don't have any idea about the demerit hell you just walked into.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-21-2013, 11:20 PM
5 points to Gryffindor?

BigGreenFungus
05-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi all. Count me in ( as long as you don't mind an old man joining the group). I'll be old, fat and slow, but will try to keep up.Joined at King level and love the idea we'll all have lots of gear and cards to start. Figure four months will give everyone a chance to figure out who's really in for the guild as described and who's not a good fit.

C-Drive
05-22-2013, 07:30 PM
We're all old filthy men, er, savages. Welcome!

Blayno
05-23-2013, 06:33 AM
I've been browsing the guild recruitment forum this morning. After making it through this thread, I'm really happy with what I see. You seem to be attracting the type of people I like to be around. I'm interested in being a member. Do you guys have any guild bonus pledges currently?

MastrFett
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
This guild sounds good to me. I've been trying to get into TCG's for a while. I play MTG when I can with someone I know who plays, but that isn't often. That's why this game appealed to me so much. And a friendly guild will make it even better. Hope to join you guys, and play with you all in September!

Lonestar1771
05-23-2013, 09:20 PM
*clicks a red pen* You poor bastards don't have any idea about the demerit hell you just walked into.

*dips stick in pile of poop* Tsk, tsk, tsk... You know the official demerit marking utensil is a poop stick! You're supposed to be setting the example!

shiningideal
05-24-2013, 06:55 AM
I've been browsing the guild recruitment forum this morning. After making it through this thread, I'm really happy with what I see. You seem to be attracting the type of people I like to be around. I'm interested in being a member. Do you guys have any guild bonus pledges currently?

We've got at least one person at GK level last I looked. And if I can ever snag one on a refresh - two for sure.

ursa23
05-24-2013, 02:19 PM
I like your views, sir; and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. I haven't played the TCGs since the 90s, and the people mentioned at the top of the thread are what drove me out (and are still keeping me out). My greatest hope for HEX was to be able to find a group like this. I would be honored to join this clan of dirty ruffians.

Massabik
05-24-2013, 04:08 PM
<sniff> ...ruffians.... we, my dear sir, are Savages, Filthy Savages even...

:cool:

Head on over to our site and sign on up!

CrimsonSoul
05-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Awesome guys, fun place to be!

Lonestar1771
05-26-2013, 06:15 AM
We are filthy savages and you should join us!

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm an experienced MMO player with world firsts in a range of different games. I have also been a tcg player and judge for many years. I am a very strategic person and known for very odd and effective deck styles. I'm entering a doctorate program so I won't have a whole lot of time to sink into the game. I still want to be very competitive and if that is not possible then I just want to help other guildies to leave their mark. Even if I don't make top in tourneys, I'm still ecstatic when a team member does. I'm pledging GK+PP and expect this to be a long term game. If the game goes past 3 years and I graduate I'll become very active. Am I a fit for you guys? I just want one home for the life of this game. Do you guys plan on endgame content as well?

Massabik
05-26-2013, 06:54 PM
We have people looking at all the different aspects of the game. Go ahead and swing by our site and get to know us, and see what you think.

patrickk84
05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I would like in on some Filthy Savages fun. I'm new to TCG's. I've backed the Knight Tier. I plan to be a casual player. But one who is more than willing to give away whatever I can. If I don't need it, consider it yours. With the hopes of receiving the same kind of treatment.

I really like the attitude of the OP. It sounds like a community I could get along with.

Massabik
05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Hop on over to our site and get to know us :)

Dratzl
05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
After several games with a rotten community i would like a game where i actually want to log in and play and put effort into.
Now your guild seems exactly the place i would like to be and i was able to identify myself in your "guildrules".
Also I am a filthy savage IRL so it is a win-win ;)

That brings me to the question, since i am from europe and i know a lot of non-europe players will be playing this game,
are there any european-timezone member in your guild? :)
Cause i dont want to login in europe primetime and see noone but myself online ._.

Massabik
05-30-2013, 10:13 AM
We have one or two Europeans, even an Australian :cool:

Dratzl
05-30-2013, 10:49 AM
That will do pig, that will do.

So if you dont mind another european savage, i would gladly join your ranks :)

Massabik
05-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Then head on over to our site and get to know us :)

Gwuenhar
05-30-2013, 12:41 PM
hiho savages!

i discovered hex through dratzl. i played with him a bunch of games in the last 7 years and would like to play hex with him as well and also in the same guild.
your guild fits my interests as well and i would like to join you :) to have a nice beta time in hex ;)

greetZ Gwu

Massabik
05-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Head on over to our site and get signed up and start joining in the conversations :)

Gwuenhar
05-31-2013, 03:03 AM
im on the way ;)

Scale
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
UK based here and likley to be headed over to the other site shortly if you're willing to at least give me a go?

Undecided currently between King or Raid leader, leaning towards Raid leader but I'm not certain, if it comes to it I can aways have a second account to run without the raid bonous I figure, in the meantime might be a good thing to have around.

I plan to do both PVP and PVE, though I'll be hounest, I've some experience at TCG's, not so much at MMO's. But that's some fairly limited experience probably, still I can make up for that in enthusiasm and use that to learn.

Also I think I've managed to convince the mrs she wants to play too, so I'll likley drag her in as well again all things willing and going as planned.
I look forward to causing some mayhem with all of you.

Gnomo
06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi, i am from Argentina, and liking what i read :P
My english isnt bad, my monetary range is limited (the change to dollar is killing me) and i pledged a warrior tier.
I played a little MTG but is hard to find people to play here (not even close to the capital of a 3er world country). So this is my chance to play a TCG when i want.

I hope i can get in.

Saludos.

MrPandaSwag
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello Savages! I have read through this and love this guild stands for! I have gone to the website and sent in an application. I look forward to being a downright dirty, disgusting, filthy savage with you all :D

Loopylizard
06-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey guys! This guild sounds great. I would love to join, if you are willing to let in a British girl with no TCG experience (unless you count the one game of MTG I played with my brother about 4 years ago).

Cailin_Coilleach
07-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Well well! Look what the mailman brought :)

The print looks fine, though I should've placed it a bit higher. Current placement is a bit 'meh'. I've tweaked the design to have a smaller logo, a bit higher on the chest. That'll be much better :)

Again with many thanks to C_Drive for his wonderful design!

Also... How could our fine guild's thread sink down to the third page? Nevar!

CrimsonSoul
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
New website, new look, same old savages come on and join us at http://www.filthysavages.com

ArtB
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Hello! I've been lurking the forums of this magnificent guild for a while now and it seems to be just the thing for me, so I tried to join the forums and was just about to fill my application form, when I got banned for spam. Have I done something wrong? Entirely possible, I'm a moron. If not, please don't ban me. I'm not a spambot, I promise! :)

CrimsonSoul
07-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello! I've been lurking the forums of this magnificent guild for a while now and it seems to be just the thing for me, so I tried to join the forums and was just about to fill my application form, when I got banned for spam. Have I done something wrong? Entirely possible, I'm a moron. If not, please don't ban me. I'm not a spambot, I promise! :)

Err.. my bad... that was me... you caught me when I was upgrading the forum and the captcha was off and I assumed you were spam.. my bad dude!

ArtB
07-24-2013, 11:59 PM
It's ok, I'll try again :)

CrimsonSoul
07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Come join us over at Filthy Savages (http://www.filthysavages.com). We won't ban you on accident while we're upgrading our forum software... again...

CrimsonSoul
08-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Bump!

ArtB
08-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Bump it up!

RoseBitter
09-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Come on over. We're really friendly! http://www.filthysavages.com/index.php

CrimsonSoul
09-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Goan.
Goan Who?
Goan over to the Filthy Savages (http://www.filthysavages.com) and join up!

buh dum psh!

DAkoDread
10-04-2013, 06:35 AM
I'd love to join, but your captcha doesnt appear on your sign up page.

Edit: Nevermind, signed in through steam.

Gwuenhar
10-12-2013, 12:20 PM
activity is rising =) meet us in our forums!

CrimsonSoul
10-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, with Alpha winding up and more and more people getting in now is the best time to head on over to our forums, sign up, and get invited to the steam group! Remember, we may be Filthy Savages, but we don't bite.

CrimsonSoul
10-28-2013, 03:37 PM
If you guys want to come say hi (or just use it to talk amongst yourselves) come join our Gamevox voice server by visiting http://www.gamevox.com/GFP5-7BC

CrimsonSoul
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats to Letterbee! She wasn't able to pledge during the kickstarter and was short on the cash so her guildies here at the Filthy Savages all put in to get her that slacker backer!

CrimsonSoul
11-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Congrats everyone on getting in the alpha, WOO!

Coldforged
11-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Heya,

After writing a post I decided to delete it. Coming home straight from work I was still in work mode and it was dry and boring as can be so I decided to rewrite it. Take two!

I'm fairly new to TCGs as a whole. Hex will be the first one I sink so effort into so I wouldn't mind being around some players that at least know what side the cards are supposed to turn and you guys seem like a nice crowd.

I am mostly interested in the PvP side of Hex but that's really just because I am not quite sure how the PvE will work yet so I am really pretty open to the game as a whole.

I don't have a lot of time to pay due to work and a hobby I am trying to turn into a profession but I will usually play every other day or so. If that's enough and you reckon I am savage enough (I gnaw meat off straight from the bone!) I would love to join you lot.

I've signed up to the site already and await your reply. Thanks!

CrimsonSoul
11-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Yar! I was out with the misses so didn't see it right away :) You're all set up. If you have a stream that you do add it to the site and it'll show up on the main page when you go live

down2one
11-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Hello there, Filthy Savages

I've been playing physical and digital TCGs on-and-off for a long time now, and with Hex I'm looking for a group of like-minded friendly people to play with.

I'm not much of a competitive player, I just love building fun decks. That's probably one of the reasons why I've never gotten much into the competitive side of TCGs (aside from the high paywall, of course). Everytime I go up to my friends and tell them of some deck concept I'd like to make, they look at me weird, and instead give me a decklist to work on. And those decklists are generally pulled off from the 'top 10' decks from mtgtop8.com or some decklist site. :P

Also, I've only seen a handful of Hex players from my area (Philippines).

So I was hoping to join you guys, so we could destroy current deck metas maybe lol.
This looks like a good guild you have running here, I would love to join if you would have me.

Makizushi
02-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm back :)

I've been playing Wakfu for the past few months, so I've missed the alpha up to now. I'll finally start fiddling with HEX. I have to say I'm pretty darn impressed with the alpha so far.

Makizushi
02-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Also, for anybody wanting to join up, apparently GameVox and Steam Chat are often used by our Filthy guildies :)

Personally I just got onto the TeamSpeak wagon, so that was a bit of a surprise for me :)

f5shooter
03-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Just set up an application on the site. Hope to be initiated soon.

CrimsonSoul
03-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Just set up an application on the site. Hope to be initiated soon.
we're as quick as a hooker on payday and try to get everyone set up hopefully within a few hours

offbalance
05-02-2014, 05:07 AM
Hey guys.

My name is Chris and i'm new to this site. I have been playing card games for as long as I can remember and would love to join your guild since you guys seem like a fun bunch. Im totally hooked on HEX but nobody I know seems to share my addiction. Well, my cousin does but he missed the closing date on the slacker backer thingamajicky so he has to wait for the open beta.

What else... hmm. My favourite colour is blue, I love Italian food and I have a pet lion fish called Billy Bob.

P.s: About time someone brought Jabroni back!

Cheers,
Chris

Makizushi
06-28-2014, 07:44 AM
I've asked around and our chat has now defaulted to Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FilthySavages

Cato
08-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Hello Filthy Savages. :cool:

Would you guys be interested in taking part in a friendly inter-guild tournament between the other Hex Beta Guilds? We would love it if you could have a representative chat on our planning thread here:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37543

All the best,

Cato

Ugg_Ugg
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Looking for a laid back guild like yours. Avid MTG player since 96. Just got into this one and ready to jump in head first. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Makizushi
10-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Hi guys, I'll need to poke around the forums and the contact lists a bit because it seems that our guild has mostly died down... Maybe five people still actively left in the Beta :/

We'd need to get back up to speed again :)

Leahter
12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi , i've been playing tcg games for a while and just started the Hex . It would be awesome if i could join this guild :D

Makizushi
07-23-2015, 03:20 AM
You would be very welcome to.

If you have Steam, you can join us in chat (see post above). It looks like our site is currently down, I'll poke the GuildMas about that.