PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn

Kenshin
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Hello wonderful people who have supported Hex so far and who we will soon meet in game! Whether we’ll meet as allies or rivals, depends on you! We are The Dragonborn , a group of friends that has been playing card games of all sorts, whether they are in real life (like Magic the Gathering) or on the internet (like CCGs from 5th Planet Games). We decided to join Hex as well as soon as we found out about it, and we are very excited to be able to form a league here, open to everyone who is willing to join us! So, let’s introduce ourselves!

Who we are!

We are seasoned card games players. We know our stuff, we know each other and we know what we want. The original Dragonborn consists of 15 players (though we like to call each other friends). We have new friends joining in every single day, and what began as a group of long time card games buddies, has now evolved into a wonderful and ardent group of really pleasant people that have brought deck building to the next level. We are currently more than 40 and we keep on growing, having pledged ~$14k! Most of our members in our current Hex League have been in other games’ leaderboards for consecutive months, and in games where there are League vs League features our Leagues have always been in the top, showing our dedication to said games and the amount of effort we put every single day in order to achieve our goals.We use a room on Skype for our group chat (since it is flexible and easy, and has the screen sharing feature that lets us view other people's gameplay styles), and google documents to monitor updates regarding hex, statistics about the game and as soon as the beta launches we’ll use it for even more purposes. We have players all over the world, so timezones shouldn’t be an issue since there are always quite a few people online at any given time, more than willing to help when required. Currently we have members from all over USA, Canada, Asia (China, Singapore), Australia and Europe (France, UK, Greece, Sweden and few more). If we can get people from other countries as well, even better! Which leads us to the next section:

Who we are looking for!

We want a strong, competitive and fun league, like the ones we have had for so long prior to Hex! We are looking to spread the fun, recruiting even more people! We want really active players that will be here with us every single day, and it would really help if they have some experience with other card games, especially ones similar to Hex. We want the game to be fun for everyone in league, but we also want us to be as strong as possible; that’s the ideal player for our league, that’s who we’re looking for. Let me get this straight though; what we care the most about is our community. Being on top in a game while hardly speaking to each other is not fun. We want to be as competitive as possible, but high activity and friendliness are the most important aspects we are looking for. As I said before, we already are a long time group of friends; we now want to expand our group and include other fun and passionate people as well!

If you feel like you could join a league like ours, have no second thoughts. We are the guys you’re looking for, and as soon as you join us Hex will be even more fun for you! Looking forward to your applications in this thread, or you can PM me to chat on Skype and get to know the rest of the gang as well! Also, here's a quick forum we pulled together, for people that can't use Skype during work. We'll try to update it as much as possible, so check back regularly!

http://dbhex.forumgreek.com/ (do not apply directly there without posting here first. We'd like to get to know you a bit first)

Update: Something I feel should be made clear: Nothing is set in stone. We will accept pretty much everyone at this point, but you have till Beta kicks in to prove you're worth being with us. So, no hard feelings to anyone that might get rejected later, but we do try and have the best people with us. The quality of your forum posts and our discussions in the league chat will determine whether you are Dragonborn material or not :) (TL;DR : If you're a troll or find it funny to be offensive, this is no place for you. We want to have fun playing the game, and I'll do my best to keep it that way for everyone)

gwdaver
05-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Sign me up!!! I have seen your community in action and I like what I have seen.

Zeblin reporting for duty!! - Formerly of Legacy of Heroes

Resident of Eastern Standard Time - Ann Arbor Michigan - GO BLUE!

GrandKing Backer

Kenshin
05-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome on board Zeblin, good to have you with us! :D

bjornvarr
05-22-2013, 08:48 PM
bjornvarr seeking entry.

looking forward to meeting your community and getting to play with Zeblin again, if you will have me.

Kenshin
05-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Cool! Btw where are you guys from? I mean to update the OP whenever someone joins, for others to know where our members are from, to see if it fits their timezones :)

DisOrd3r
05-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Seems like I may just fit! :D

Im 22 years old and come from Sweden.
I can't really say that I've played that much TCG Before but hopefully that won't be a problem :)

Best regards//DisOrd3r

Celticcross
05-25-2013, 10:19 AM
hey Celticcross im 28 from Canada ,Ontario
i played a few tcg wow and magic and a few other
can wait to this come out im a king backer

theghost32
05-25-2013, 10:25 AM
bump for dragonborn

Kenshin
05-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome friends! Can't wait to play with you on September!

Ghost, great banner! Good job man, I like it!

juzamjedi
05-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey Kenshin thanks for posting the recruitment thread. I'm one of the other gamers coming over with the league. Most of them haven't created forum users yet, but there are about 20 of us that are coming over so far. We usually chat in Skype and a few of us just met up this last weekend in real life for some gaming. (MTG for those of you that are familiar) We're staying active on our other online game until Hex goes live... eagerly looking forward to it!

I'm one of the deck tuners. I like to test out new ideas and see what works. I started playing MTG back in 1995 and plan on applying a lot of that to Hex. The dungeons seem cool to me because I am expecting lots of unusual challenges in those encounters that will take some creative deck building.

Battlepope
05-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey guys. A fellow Dragonborn here to say Hello to everything thinking about joining. The biggest takeaway from our guild should be that we are very social. Right now we are not promising to be anything but fun. If you are willing to use Skype to chat next couple months can be very fun to chat while we all wait for Hex to come out.

blah
05-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Ready to make the move from VT to DB ;)

TheProphet
05-28-2013, 10:30 PM
I would like to join a well lead guild. i would like to become great at this game and enjoy playing with the best of them.

I have 15 years of playing various TCG

bjornvarr
05-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I am from Atlantic Canada, Moncton area if anyone is familiar, though i am generally online later at night. i think i play as if i was a normal person on mountain time.

Ashenor
05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Seems like you guys got a good crew so far, best of luck to you.

Kenshin
05-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Good to see you guys! Prophet and bjonvarr welcome! With you, we are now 32 in Guild, and counting :)

Ashenor thanks for the kind words, best of luck to you guys too, we'll meet in game for sure :)

Veetor
05-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Let's do this right! A DB bump for ya ;)

Zeros
06-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Hmmm this guild name seems pretty familiar :cool:

Was browsing through the forums and figured I'd pop in to say hey. Eager to see how this game turns out. Missed the kickstarter by a hour or so, unsure whether I'll do the slacker backer yet or not lol

heavyhitter86
06-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Zeros get Logann and Darque here too .... all are welcome

Composer717
06-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Good evening/morning! I read Kenshen's intro, and immediately thought that this guild would be the one for me. I haven't dusted off my MTG cards in years, but I've been keeping busy with 5pg, and other various games on the Kongregate platform. My schedule is never the same day-to-day, but I always make sure to log in at least once a day to say 'hi'. I haven't decided on an IGN, but most of my existing ones have something to do with music (I'm a composer/pianist by night, office grunt by day). I'm a King backer, which is a bit of a stretch for me, but it seemed worth it. Full disclosure: I'll probably do my best to be a FTP player most of the time. I usually devote my time to PVE, but that's only because most games I play that are FTP require $ to participate. However, HEX seems like a game that will have plenty of PVP for all, which is why I am so incredibly excited about this game (well, one of many). Here's hoping there is room for me - I'll do my best to make myself worthy!

Kenshin
06-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Haha, welcome Zeros and Composer! I've PM'd both of you for Skype details :)

(btw, who's that "Kenshen" dude? Sounds like a noob!)

I read Kenshen's intro
hahahahha

Royale
06-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi, DB crew!

Lots of familiar faces here :) I'm Royale from LoH, and I was referred here by a fellow leaguemate.

I would love to be part of Dragonborn, if that's possible.

Battlepope
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard Royale. I sent you PM for your details.

Royale
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks, BP :)! And thanks, Ken, for accepting me! Looking forward to playing with you guys ;)

cabalpapa
06-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I would love to be a part of you guys here. If you happen to need more about me, feel free to ask!

Kenshin
06-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome Cabal! No need for intros, we all know you ^_^

roehrboc
06-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Is it too late for me to get in on this Guild? I have been an avid MMO fan since I first stumbled upon MapleStory as a child (I wasted way more time than I'm willing to admit on that game). TCGs are a more recent development for me, but I have found that they are a great lot of fun with the right friends. I think a solid group of friends is the foundation to make both MMOs and TCGs great.

As a short backround, I'm 22 and headed to Charleston, SC in the next month to start Nuclear Power School for the Navy. After that schooling, I'll be headed out on a nuclear submarine to do all that good stuff. I'll be moving around a lot and will eventually "go dark" for months on end, but I'd like a group of friends that I can discuss the game with (maybe they can help me catch-up with the meta after going underwater for 3 months). I hope to hear from you!

Mithrin
06-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone. Do You have any place left for a fellow LoH player from Shadow League? :)

Battlepope
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Welcome Mithrin, I sent you a personal message.

gwdaver
08-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Kenshin - I re-read your description and all I can say is, Wow!! You have hit it right on the head and I look forward to surrounding myself with like minded, fun, yet respectable gamers!!

Battlepope - I must be missing something - what does your sig picture refer to?

Keep on keeping on!!

AmazingZeblin∞

Battlepope
08-09-2013, 05:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League

Sorefist
10-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Hi I'm Sorefist from LoH, now that the world is ending I'm going to migrate to Hex. Want to join your guild cause I got familiar with so many of you and also cause I know I can expect great things from you. Daily player yada yada.

WiSeR
10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Interested in this Guild, seems to be funny and serious at the same time. Just let me know if there is a place for a TCGs lover!!

Dr.Blasterface
10-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Hello Kenshin, et al. Dr.Blasterface here, though you may know me better as DrBlasterFace. Don't let the change in punctuation fool you, I'm the same guy.

If you got room, I'd like to join up.

Kenshin
10-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Amazing! Welcome, all 3 of you! I'll PM you right now to get you started :)

technoshaman
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Technoshaman reporting for duty. Hope I can make the final cut if/when cutting has to happen once things get rolling here on Hex.

Battlepope
10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Unlimited members, no cutting.

technoshaman
10-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Yah, kenshin has a blurb still in the opening bio for Hex's DB that there may end up having to be cuts at some point in the future (depending on what Hex eventually puts in place). No hard feelings either way, just not sure what my time commitment will be able to be like yet and skype is not an option (for the moment at least).

Dr.Blasterface
10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Unlimited members, no cutting.

That's happy.

Ganymede
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM
sign me up! Most of you know me from LoH, but if you find Ganymede anywhere else in cyberspace, chances are it's me. I'm rocking out in FL at the moment but I desire a change to the west coast. i'll let you know if anything changes of course.

quick bio: i started playing m:tg in 1994, still fiddle with my cards to this day. i've been an avid player of Diablo I/II, then UO, then WoW, and about a few years ago started playing the online TCG Eredan. That was a huge money sink and I found LoH in sept/oct of last year. i just signed up as a slacker backer so i'll be here for alpha.

Kenshin
10-07-2013, 04:59 PM
For someone to be cut, it must mean he's being a jerk towards others in league. As long as we keep it civil, we're good. I have extremely low tolerance to trolls and meanieheads.

Welcome on board people :)! Btw, I'll update the intro as well, but might as well post it here too. This is our forum (http://dbhex.forumgreek.com/)! You have to sign up to view it, and I'll have to personally accept your application for you to get in (so it might be a few hours after you signed up). That's so we don't get strangers/trolls joining and ruining it. We'll keep Skype for instant messaging of course, but we'll try to update the forums as much as possible for those who can't use Skype during work hours or w/e. DrBlasterface (cool sig!) and Technoshaman already have our Skypes, Ganymede I'm sending you a PM as well!

RDarkfire
10-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Billay from LoH here. Much kudos to all of you for starting this, saves me the trouble of running a guild/league again :-). I was proud to call Ganymede and others my leaguemates, and looking forward to this new and different group.

Cheers...
-B.

Elifaus
10-07-2013, 08:44 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BenG1008
10-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey guys,
Neb from LoH here. I'm not sure how much I'll end up playing this, but will certainly be giving it a try, and I'd love to join you guys. :-)

Temig
10-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Ganymede sent me this way and told me to join so I'm here to give it a shot ;)

Kenshin
10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Welcome guys!

Ganymede
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
EDIT: removed for erroneousness

0XiDi
10-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi! I would love to be a part of this guild, if you have room for me! I have been not been playing TCGs for as long as some people, but I have been playing MtG for a while and a few (six) years back I played a bunch of YuGiOh. I believe that I will enjoy this as much as or more than MtG!
I'm not the most talkative person, but not because I am antisocial or anything. I just prefer to be social by playing games (like this one). If my quietness is not a problem, I would definitely enjoy being a part of this group, playing Hex, and quietly hanging out.

juzamjedi
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
0XiDi, generally speaking we are a pretty talkative and social group. We have a Skype chatroom that we are using to bounce ideas and just chit chat in general. If that sounds good to you then give me a message on Skype (this user name) and we can add you into the league. Most of the members in our league are US or European so the chat is most active during the US afternoon + evening.

ashiok
10-18-2013, 11:41 AM
looking for a guild to be a prat of.

im 18 and have been an avid gamer, either online games or MTG. beware, i am a little prone to fits of randomness( last random thing i did was donate all spare copies of my commons and uncommons in MTG to my school so they could have a few decks to play with at lunch). i will be more than willing to help out in pve or be a test rat for your ideas and decks. i also aspire to be a games designer. although i wont be in for a little bit due to year 12 exams i do hope to see everyone in game

juzamjedi
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
OK - contact me on Skype and we'll talk. We have at least a couple of other Australians that I know for sure.

Zeros
10-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Ugh, these alpha invites are taking forever.

juzamjedi
10-22-2013, 07:15 AM
I hear you there. I know it isn't the same, but if you want to see the Alpha in action hit me up on Skype and I can screen share with you.

ChilliJam
10-26-2013, 12:55 AM
A fellow Aussie?? Greetings from down under ashiok!

Zeros
12-30-2013, 10:46 AM
The alpha any better yet? Haven't touched it in a while.

juzamjedi
02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Hey guys. Kenshin has been a bit busy lately and someone just messaged me in game that they had left him a private message to join our league. The thing is most of our league is active on Skype rather than the forums. So if you are interested in joining our guild you can also message me on Skype (my name there is also Juzamjedi).

Jeevus
08-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Hiho guys,

i actually don't know how actively you're still checkin your guild recruitment thread but well, you want to know me first before i apply on the forums. So thats what i am going to do ;)

I am from germany, a 29 year old mtg veteran who backed Hex with GK and double PP and played mostly Limited Set1 and 2, because i kind of disliked the fairly stale meta, but even more because i just had noone to playtest with. You may know me ingame as TheTempest or Reeves (PP smurf).
Set 3 opened some new options for constructed meta and i'd love to play in a competitive scene again, as i did with MtG until i moved to another city and i had no LGS in my vicinity.

Feel free to ask me anything you like to know.

Greetz
TheTempest

Saeijou
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
does every member get such a nice signiture picture? :)

KingGabriel
09-12-2015, 12:23 PM
does every member get such a nice signiture picture? :)
*get such an oversized* :P

Eierdotter
09-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Hi my name is Tom
i am starting to get more and more into constructed and i figured it would be time to join a guild.
You guys stood out as one with the most active serious constructed players after i checked out several guilds.
I currently mostly play drafts and fiddle around with several ideas in PG.
I backed as GK so i got quite a collection to brew, i only lack opponents for serious testing.
Would be glad to hear from you guys and maybe i can write a more detailed application/introduction in your forum.
Heading back into VIP tournament.

cheers Eierdotter

Aebrams
10-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Jojowithcards
11-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Would love to be considered. In love with Hex, hoping to surround myself in a guild with people who also love this game. Interested in both PVP and PVE, Long time MTG player, experienced, willing to help where I can. Hex name is same as forum name (Jojowithcards)

PhaseShadow
03-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Any chance you guys are still open for recruits?