PDA

View Full Version : Source

Temig
05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
**POST LEFT FOR POSTERITY, HOWEVER SOURCE HAS DECIDED TO REDIRECT ITS EFFORTS TO FOCUS ON BEING A VALUABLE COMMUNITY RESOURCE SITE AND NOT ATTEMPTING TO RUN A GUILD SIMULTANEOUSLY**

http://www.hexsource.net/images/hslogob.png (http://www.hexsource.net/)

"Source" is recruiting! We are looking for enthusiastic members to form the foundation of what we hope to be a strong pool of players to help bounce ideas off of, theorycraft builds, and work together to perfect our decks. PvP- and PvE-focused players are both welcome. Our only current requirement is that you be 18+.

The vision for Source is to be a true community with a goal of not only improving our own game, but also helping out the HEX community as a whole because when the community as a whole thrives, we all benefit. Due to this belief, members of Source must agree not to troll, flame, or otherwise negatively impact themselves, the guild, or the HEX community. If you are unable to be a respectful individual, please look elsewhere.

A large focus of Source will be on theorycrafting our game to make it better, so we are very much looking for analytical minds to join our ranks. If things like mana curves and land ratios are your thing, great! Like market analysis and speculation? We'll certainly have some individuals interested in that aspect of the game as well!

To answer a question we have received, Source would best classify itself as a "Casual-Hardcore" guild. That is to say, we know how to be laid back and have fun with eachother, but we also know when to buckle down and how to have a serious discussion. Essentially, we know that it is a game and is there for fun, but come tournament time expect a more serious tone while decks are fine-tuned and we discuss the current metagame.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, stop by our website (http://www.hexsource.net). Once there you will find a link to our application in the navigation bar after you have registered and confirmed your e-mail.

Why an application? Consider it a chance to get to know a little bit about you. Other than asking you to verify that you are 18+ and to agree to properly represent yourself and the guild, that's all the application is currently intended for.

Other questions/comments? Post here or on our forums and I'll do my best to answer them!

Thanks for checking us out, and wherever you end up, best of luck!

~Temig

Temig
05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Work continues on adding functionality to the site, and we are slowly recruiting more players. In the end, the goal is to have a guild of like-minded individuals to work together. In order to best get to that point, I feel that time zones and play times are secondary to player fit. So, if you want to help foster a solid community of respectful players, we may be worth consideration.

Our forums will likely end up being a large part of the guild as they will allow for asynchronous communication between members, and with a large enough contingent of players, there should always be guildmates online. That being said, there will certainly be more of a presence during the evening hours across the US timezones, slightly weighted towards EST.

As always, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to post or PM me either here or on our website (http://www.hexsource.net/).

Oddlock
06-10-2013, 04:11 AM
Still recruiting? This thing hasn't seen a bump in... ever.

Temig
06-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Still recruiting? This thing hasn't seen a bump in... ever.

We are, indeed! I've been working more on fleshing out the site lately than on recruitment due to the 2+ months there are until Alpha so unfortunately the thread has been sitting here just doing its thing. I will likely continue to let it live out its existence and bump it once per week. My personal philosophy is quality over quantity so I don't feel the need the keep the post on the front page as anyone that is serious about looking for a guild, in my opinion, should be checking out all of their options. That being said, I'll admit I let it sit a little too long without a bump so it certainly did seem inactive so thank you for the bump and the interest!