PDA

View Full Version : Card Ideas from the KS experience

Beastmaster
05-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I love the tongue in cheek humour that Crypto have shown so far in some of their card designs and think it would be awesome if they continued this, particularly with some 'in joke' cards that reference the kick-starter experience.

(For example 'the lamp' from the star citizen kick-starter)

I propose:

Tablet Support
Rare
Artifact
Handsize is increased to 8
*picture of a guy chiselling numbers on a clay tablet*

--Transforms to legendary when 1,000,000 players are reached--

Tablet Support
Legendary
Artifact
Skip draw step, draw cards until you have 7 at the beginning of every turn

Also a Raid Boss
Troll Raid Boss
Powers:
Every time a player plays a spell, put a 0/1 Troll into play, it cant defend
Troll can Pay2win by sacrificing 20 0/1 Trolls
All trolls have "opposing player may pay (x) convert to a meme and put under your control"

What do you think?
If done right it would certainly make me chuckle without breaking the realism too much..
Any other ideas?

KingBlackstone
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Hahaha. +1 =P
If there were more stretch goals, maybe we'd see these.

Lazybum
05-23-2013, 05:08 PM
i approve of these cards!

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Pro Player
Saphire x2
Mana cost 5
1/1
At the start of each turn, each player reveals 3 cards from the top of their deck. Each picks one card from their stack of 3 and passes it to the left. Repeat the process until cards are gone. Put all cards chosen into the choosing players' hand.

I do like this idea, though, even though it's not really funny:)

Lazybum
05-23-2013, 05:29 PM
not a bad idea tho it may be impossible for you to play the cards you get this way

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 05:30 PM
You'll very quickly hit hand size limits this way too. Maybe shuffle them into your deck. Then it would be really interesting when you start getting cards back that you passed over =)

Barov
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I would rather not ruin the lore of the game with such cards. If there are subtle nods in the flavor text that is one thing, but they are crafting an engaging world and I would like to keep it that way.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm sure they could fit that pro player card or idea into the lore:)

As for it's potential effects, shuffling in sounds like a good idea, or as an enter the battlefield effect or something doing it once. Either way, if it was a constant, and the 'drafted' cards went into your deck, you could eventually draft their resources too. Could definitely be fun :)

Hadin
05-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I would rather not ruin the lore of the game with such cards. If there are subtle nods in the flavor text that is one thing, but they are crafting an engaging world and I would like to keep it that way.

I'm not too big on lore, but I agree in having as few deviations from the theme of the game as possible. The only real exception to this would be something like Kingdom of Loathing, where the entire point of the game is to be as detached from any one particular theme as possible.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
There will be 4th wall breakers, I am sure of it. Somehow, someway, in this completely digital card game where ANY effect is possible, the Fourth Wall will be broken:) So long as it's classy, it's k.

Tinuvas
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Kyle's Bear fight
Basic action
Cost: 2
Threshold: 1 Wild
Destroy target creature with 1 attack and/or 1 defense. Put a Bear (2/2 troop with crush) into play under your control

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Kyle's Bear fight
Basic action
Threshold: 1 Wild
Destroy target creature with 1 attack and/or 1 defense. Put a Bear (2/2 troop with crush) into play under your control

Somewhere in there, Kyle has to trip Cory and leave play forever(Hey, he ran away at a faster speed than Cory, rewarding his temporary bravery with safety from the Bear)

Tinuvas
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Somewhere in there, Kyle has to trip Cory and leave play forever(Hey, he ran away at a faster speed than Cory, rewarding his temporary bravery with safety from the Bear)

Right! Totally forgot about Cory...How about:

Bear Fight
Basic Action
Threshold: 1 wild
Chose 2 Troops. Flip a coin. The winner of the coin flip is exhausted. Destroy the losing troop. Put a Wild Bear (2/2 troop with crush) into play under your control.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Right! Totally forgot about Cory...How about:

Bear Fight
Basic Action
Threshold: 1 wild
Chose 2 Troops. Flip a coin. The winner of the coin flip is exhausted. Destroy the losing troop. Put a Wild Bear (2/2 troop with crush) into play under your control.

:)

Beastmaster
05-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Haha - i like it

Maybe the 'Bear Fight' will turn out to be our first look at a 2 player raid against a Bear Raid boss with Kyle and Cory 'fighting a bear' on Twitch livestream..

I can just see the announcement now - 'Kyle and Corey will fight a bear at 6pm on friday on Twitch' - they'd get so many people watching hoping for a real live bear lol

Erebus
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
THREAD SPECULATION KILLA
Constant
All players play with the top card of their deck revealed.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
I wish we had a like or +1 button on these forums...

jai151
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
The Pro
2 cost 2 Blood Threshold
4/4
At the beginning of your upkeep, pay one resource or sacrifice The Pro
Whenever a troop with power or toughness greater than 3 enters play, The Pro has a 25% chance to transform into The Ungrateful
"I'm worth it."

The Ungrateful
0/1
This troop cannot attack or block and cannot be the target of spells or abilities you control
At the beginning of your upkeep, pay 3 life or The Ungrateful does 3 damage to you and all of your troops on the battlefield.
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!"

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
The Pro
2 cost 2 Blood Threshold
4/4
Whenever a troop with power or toughness greater than 3 enters play, The Pro has a 25% chance to transform into The Ungrateful
"I'm worth it."

The Ungrateful
0/1
This troop cannot attack or block and cannot be the target of spells or abilities you control
At the beginning of your upkeep, pay 3 life or The Ungrateful does 3 damage to you and all of your troops on the battlefield.

Again, where's my like button? :)

Beastmaster
05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
The Pro
2 cost 2 Blood Threshold
4/4
"I'm worth it."

The Ungrateful
0/1

Love it!