PDA

View Full Version : The Unnamed Council - Relaxed yet Organized PvE

Cato
05-28-2013, 01:15 PM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/TUCBanner2014v2_zps100d6e8d.png (http://unnamed-council.com)

What kind of Guild is this?

TUC is a community-centric Hex guild which focuses on PvE raids, deckbuilding and dungeon crawling. We are a friendly international community of both professional and non-professional players who seek to enjoy Hex in a non-competitive manner.

We are one of the oldest founding Guilds, starting on the Cryptozoic forums during pre-alpha development in 2013. We created TUC to serve as a base and home for all friendly PvE interested players. It's a place to relax and enjoy the company of like-minded people.

It's also a place to master PvE. We want to fully explore every dungeon, find every secret, loot every piece of gear. We want to build amazing combo PvE decks and share that knowledge. We want to team up with others and take down a tough opponent. Most of all we want to have a blast doing it.

Will you be taking part in PvP and tournaments?

Absolutely, especially as the current closed beta is pure PvP!

In the future our main focus will be on PvE gameplay, however right now members are playing PvP draft constantly and can represent the Guild officially in organised tournaments if they wish. We've also got some great events lined up to get the most out of Beta.

We also plan to take part in friendly inter-guild tournaments from time to time.

How are you run? What are your ranks?

We run TUC as a diplomatic tiered council, with the most active members being given more responsibility.

The Inner Council is TUC's leadership and decision making body. They are TUC's administrators who manage the Guilds services and sites and resolve and decide upon matters which affect the entire Guild. They are frequently advised by the Patrons.

Patrons are TUC's guild officers. They are responsible for interacting with the community, running guild events, helping out with recruitment and forum moderation. They are generally our most active and vibrant members of the community.

Acolytes are our general members. A Guild is nothing without a community behind it and we are proud to build a community of friendly players. Acolytes game together, chat on the forums, share ideas and take part in our events. They also control our rate of Guild growth - they endorse our trial members for advancement after getting to know them.

Initiates are our new trial members. After signing up they can access the Guild forums and immediately jump into the game with us. TUC uses a 'Advancement through Community Feedback' approach to promoting full members.

Guild Mentors are among some of our most veteran players. They support the community by offering advice on deckbuilding, gameplay strategy and by helping train new players.

You have a Guild website?

We most certainly do, built by ourselves and privately funded. No annoying adverts! No fees!

www.Unnamed-Council.com

Thinking of joining our community? Several of our forums, including our General Hex Discussion, are publicly visible. This means you can preview some of the forums to get our sense of our community before committing to an application form.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/Website2014_zps1be82a52.png (http://unnamed-council.com/home)

Features:

10% Guild-wide PvE EXP boost
Extensive Guild forums - with private member only areas
Guild Only Deck building analysis and discussions
Private 60 Slot Teamspeak Voice Server
Guild Webchat and private Instant Messaging
Private trade forum
Multiple & enthusiastic Raid Leader members
Internal Guild email and thread notifications
Regular Guild Events and internal event reminders
Occasional grand prize events & tournaments!
Dedicated guild officers and admin team
Guild rewards, roles and accolades
Individual user gaming profiles
Rank advancement through Community feedback
Official Steam Gaming Group
TUC Nintendo Gaming Wing
TUC Twitter! #HexTUC

Our Member Numbers: (Updates every 24hrs)

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-436838-Helion-gray.png (http://unnamed-council.com)

This looks great, how do I join?

We will need you to head on over to our site and submit an online application (http://unnamed-council.com/tucapp). An admin will review this to check that you fit in with our Guild values before accepting you as a new Council Initiate. You may or may not be asked an additional question, be sure to keep an eye on your email!

Accepted Initiates have access to most of the forums, the voice server and can game with us. After you have received ten recommendations from existing Guild Members you will be advanced to full membership and have access to all of the guild events and resources.

So why do we have this system in place if we are a relaxed Guild?

Our application form acts as a buffer between people who do not wish to communicate maturely and our regular members. In other words, it blocks casual trolls as it requires a little time to fill out.

The trial period is to absolutely ensure that we are accepting friendly, mature and active Hex players into our community. We want our members to be proud of their Guild and most importantly we want them to enjoy being a part of it. :D

Anything else I should be aware of?

Yes, by signing up you agree to follow our Guild Rules of Conduct (http://unnamed-council.com/rules). Please read through these before submitting an application.

Actually, I have some Questions...

Feel free to ask below, we regularly check this thread. You can also publicly use our shoutbox on the guild site or drop us an email to admin@unnamed-council.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Unnamed Council! We hope to game with you soon.

Cato, Skyrek, Erebus, Eryn Shades, Astasyneri and Idus
TUC Inner Council Admin

Dralon
05-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Compliments on a very impressive Mission Statement post. As a huge PVE fan, it looks like you you are off to a fantastic start. The Dungeon denizens of Entrath have no idea what's in store for them! :)

Cato
05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks Dralon!

arastor
05-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Hello there!

I am a long time ccg player (never understood where that "tcg" thing came from, but maybe I'm old school?) who has been on hiatus from c/tcgs for a while thanks to the local gaming shop going out of business some years back. I'm looking for a PvE focused guild that is relaxed (can't make guarantees of being on at any given point, and while I doubt this game will lend itself towards DKP, I've never cared for that sort of stuff) while still being active. TUC definitely sounds like a winner from that end.

My only concern is that TUC is a prerelease guild (obviously!) and my personal experience with those is that they have a tendency to get ... extremely large... and I am interested in a guild where I can at least recognize most of the guildies, even if I don't know them all that well. Megaguilds of 100s just aren't my thing. Can you give me an idea of what ballpark you are looking for on total guild size?

Last thing: One recommendation on your website: You may want to add a "retype your password" box to your sign up page just to avoid typos, etc.

Cato
05-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Hello Arastor,

Guild size is actually something we are talking about in TUC at the moment. The current consensus is that we will grow to about 100 members, with an open mind to maybe growing larger in the future.

- Cato

AstaSyneri
06-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Sounds exactly like my kind of deal. Do you have anybody who managed a GK tier aboard? A few of those (as well as RL) will really help, as unfortunately I missed out on that deal :(

Cato
06-02-2013, 06:59 AM
We currently have 12 Grand King backers, 2 Raid Leaders and 2 Dungeon Crawlers to boost our PvE parties. We hope these figures continue to grow with our member numbers ;)

I see you have joined us at this time of writing. Welcome!

caravaggio
06-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Howdy, just how organized are you getting with your current membership for raid times? Do you guys have any idea what timezone concentrations you have set up already? I'm looking for something that would be focused in US PDT (ideally 6-9pm).

Erebus
06-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I just replied in the looking for guild thread, because I didn't see you post here.

I am personally PDT and we have a few other people in the area.

HEX raids are a little less member intensive then other MMOs, you only need 3 players to do a raid boss.

AstaSyneri
06-03-2013, 01:10 AM
We currently have 12 Grand King backers, 2 Raid Leaders and 2 Dungeon Crawlers to boost our PvE parties. We hope these figures continue to grow with our member numbers ;)

I see you have joined us at this time of writing. Welcome!

Thank you! From what I read in the forums it's just the perfect guild for me: Relaxed, Mature, a good foundation in Raid Leaders and internationally diverse (for Raids at different times of the day, suiting everybody). I am glad to be in!

Just updated my account to Dungeon Crawler, although as far as I know that doesn't apply to raids... :(.

paulcoyotle
06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Nice guild. I glad that I joined.

thejchau
06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Guild sounds cool. I am new are you all still recruiting? I pledged at a King level.

I played MTG back in the day.

Erebus
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
thejchau

We are! Feel free to sign up at our website hextuc.enjin.com.

EdwardBishop
06-08-2013, 04:19 AM
I've tried to sign up on the site but when I do, I get a "missing module" error page... any ideas?

noisexkillua
06-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Short and very convincing thread, sounds like an excellent Guild! Submitted my online application to be a part of your community, although I didn't get any feedback afterwards after I submitted it. Hopefully I didn't run into any errors :D

Eryn_Shades
06-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Have you been successful in the meanwhile EdwardBishop? If not an Inner Council member will surely look into this soon.

Cato
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Sometimes we experience bizarre temporary errors with browsers such as Safari and Firefox. If your browser is getting the module error when submitting an application please try using either IE9 or Chrome :-)

AstaSyneri
06-10-2013, 05:11 AM
At this point I am amazed how active our boards are - and the age range of our players. Lots of MGILPs aged 29 to 40+ from all time zones (that is: Americas, Europe/Africa, Australasia)! Sounds cheesy, but if you are a MGILP and look forward to PvE play - come join us!

Oh, and please make up something that you think MGILP stands for ;-).

Josua
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
At this point I am amazed how active our boards are - and the age range of our players. Lots of MGILPs aged 29 to 40+ from all time zones (that is: Americas, Europe/Africa, Australasia)! Sounds cheesy, but if you are a MGILP and look forward to PvE play - come join us!

Oh, and please make up something that you think MGILP stands for ;-).

I, too, happen to be a marginally-gifted, internationally-linked player who is looking to enjoy the PVE side of HEX as well as some of the PVP play. I will be checking out the site and probably submitting an application soon... unless of course MGILP actually stands for "mature gentleman infatuated with life-like puppets." Then I wouldn't be interested. I mean, I'm not judging you or anyone else for what you're into, it's just that puppets creep me out sometimes... ;)

EdwardBishop
06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Must have been a temporary thing, as I had been using IE then & now.... thanks... am registered now, apparently.

LeMazing
06-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Sent in an application on the site, looks like an awesome group to be a part of.

Roy_G
06-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm a DC+RL and looking for other people to play with.I'm at GMT+3.How many many members do you have from this time zone?
And many RL do you have already?

billybogota
06-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I think our last count was 23 RL's -- For some reason I can't see the time zones on the member list anymore, but I think we've got a fair amount that are at least close to GMT+3. Swing by, sign up -- you'll dig it.

Erebus
06-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Right now our membership is about 10%-20% oceanic, and the rest are split nearly 50-50 between US/Canada and Europe. Not to mention people with just odd play times. We're aiming to have a global present with someone on at all times to play with.

keldrin
06-12-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm a odd play time person in USA. Because I work night shift. So, I may seem to be on at almost random time.
I'm confident there will be guild members active at pretty much any given time, based on, if nothing else, how the forum is always active.

Jpopolopolous
06-12-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm an overnight worker too (nurse here, you?)! ^_^ And I just joined the guild, super excited!

keldrin
06-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm an overnight worker too (nurse here, you?)! ^_^ And I just joined the guild, super excited!
Yeah. Med/Surg nurse.

AstaSyneri
06-12-2013, 06:15 AM
I'm a DC+RL and looking for other people to play with.I'm at GMT+3.How many many members do you have from this time zone?
And many RL do you have already?

I am one of those with GMT +2 (currently ;-)) - and Erebus already outed that at this point we have at least 23 Raid Leaders (I think a 24th joined since Erebus wrote that). That means almost 50% of our members are Raid Leaders!

What I like even more - and that is a testament to the success of the Kickstarter - that we have members joining who backed Hex, but haven't really played a CCG/TCG in their life!

I really look forward to see how these players (and "playerettes") fare in their first PvE adventures - and then their first raids. :D

billybogota
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
What I like even more - and that is a testament to the success of the Kickstarter - that we have members joining who backed Hex, but haven't really played a CCG/TCG in their life!

I really look forward to see how these players (and "playerettes") fare in their first PvE adventures - and then their first raids. :D

I resemble that comment, sir. :) Definitely excited that Hex will be my first serious CCG/TCG experience.

AstaSyneri
06-13-2013, 01:25 AM
I resemble that comment, sir. :) Definitely excited that Hex will be my first serious CCG/TCG experience.
And you are very welcome. I think I am going to make it my pet project to help brave souls like you (supporting the Hex TCG Kickstarter without having much TCG experience is pretty cool in my book).

Slamdancer
06-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Great guild with great people inside that put alot of heart and work in it! If you are into PvE, contact them immediately :)

billybogota
06-13-2013, 06:39 PM
And you are very welcome. I think I am going to make it my pet project to help brave souls like you (supporting the Hex TCG Kickstarter without having much TCG experience is pretty cool in my book).
Appreciate it -- I think it's the digital part of it that really sold me, being able to sort, build, tweak, etc., without having to deal with boxes of cards. (physical card game purists, please put down your pitchforks and torches. I'm just lazy and don't want to sort through them -- you have way more patience than I do, and I don't dislike physical card games. Please disperse the lynch mob in an orderly fashion.) :)

AstaSyneri
06-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Appreciate it -- I think it's the digital part of it that really sold me, being able to sort, build, tweak, etc., without having to deal with boxes of cards. :)

Yes, that really helps. I have a huge collection for Warlord: Saga of the Storm, and building decks was a pain - because there was always some card that was stuck in some other deck, making the decks incomplete, etc. Being able to build and manage decks digitally is a real boon.

For me the major selling point was the $2 booster price. I am disgusted by the booster prices for printed ccg cards and $2 is something I consider a fair price. While this will require me to spend a bit more on Set 2 etc., I will not have the feeling of being robbed. I am the kind of player who wants to be able to play any deck, so eventually I'll be shooting for a playset, especially if I get involved in PvP a little bit (won't have enough time for more, but who knows. Hex will hopefully stay around for a long time).

Cato
06-15-2013, 08:00 AM
The Unnamed Council is pleased to announce we have hit over 70 members!

We would like to thank all of our members for contributing to the great atmosphere in the guild forums :D Keep your ideas and discussions coming!

If you haven't already checked out TUC then please visit our website! www.hextuc.enjin.com :cool:

billybogota
06-15-2013, 02:13 PM
For me the major selling point was the $2 booster price.
This is true for me as well --I also would not pay printed card prices at all, I've got playaround money but not for what they're asking for them.

keldrin
06-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Since joining the Unnamed Council, I have found a group of intelligent and nice people that I have enjoyed talking with. They are well organized, and open to new ideas and suggestions.
The guild is focused in on PVE, but has multiple members who have a nice amount of PVP interest as well. The guild has attracted a number of people with the Raid leader and/or the dungeon crawler tier. So, it seems it will have a good pool of raid leader and other experienced PVE players to assist in meeting your PVE goals.
The official stance is relaxed and casual, however, I think the guild is also a excellent base for more hardcore oriented PVE play.
If you plan on doing much PVE in hex, I would highly recommend checking out this guild.

Agent-Smashing
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Very Excited to be part of the guild guys, the hardest part will be the wait for Hex but I know there'll be a great community of players to journey with.

AstaSyneri
06-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Very Excited to be part of the guild guys, the hardest part will be the wait for Hex but I know there'll be a great community of players to journey with.

I am really happy with the quality of gamers we are attracting - and with a diverse background in gaming reaching back to the times of D&D red boxes and fantasy adventure books. CCG veterans, tournament players and absolute Newbs. In my opinion the mix couldn't be better.

The only thing that hurts is that we still have to wait that long for the game to actually start.

keldrin
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
The waiting, and the looking at cards and equipment that we've been shown, and trying to figure out combinations. Even contemplating deck themes.
Will be great when it finally gets here :cool:

keldrin
06-24-2013, 01:06 AM
The guild is still actively looking at potential card combinations. And has recently created its own steam group.
A number of exciting things are in the works, such as a new permanent domain for the guild website.

AstaSyneri
06-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Just surpassed the 80 members mark. It's a lot of fun to read those applications (as a Patron). I am surprised how many people really dig the PvE aspect, even those who are tournament-level PvP players by heart.

keldrin
06-26-2013, 09:26 PM
The guilds new permanent domain URL is up. http://unnamed-council.com
come check us out :)

keldrin
06-29-2013, 02:56 AM
It's been confirmed we will have a guild Teamspeak 3 Voice Server. So we will have reliable voice communication that the whole guild will be able to use.

Cato
06-29-2013, 05:16 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/9df6859b-b355-44fe-a223-5369e2d0c9c2_zpsa7152b51.jpg

TUC is pleased to announce the launch of it's new private TS3 Voice Server. Current capacity is 60 slots.

Please visit our website homepage (unnamed-council.com) or Guild News Forum (http://unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/7636231-new-voice-server-launched) for more information.

AstaSyneri
07-01-2013, 01:06 AM
How long did it take to get the donations together for the TS3 server? Less than 24 hours?

Chiany
07-01-2013, 02:20 AM
How long did it take to get the donations together for the TS3 server? Less than 24 hours?

much less, approximately 9 hours and 40 minutes.

Cato announced at Tuesday 23:45 and Wednesday 8:55 I noticed it was funded.

Roy_G
07-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I have been trying to fill the registration to the TUC on your site and after clicking register it says This module is not available
on the next screen.

billybogota
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I have been trying to fill the registration to the TUC on your site and after clicking register it says This module is not available
on the next screen.
I'll PM one of the IC members now and get them pointed your direction.

Skyrek
07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi Roy,
What browser are you using?

Do you have a different browser you can try and see if the same error is coming up for you?

Roy_G
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm using firefox.I'll try explorer.

Roy_G
07-02-2013, 04:04 PM
It worked in the explorer.Thanks for the help.

keldrin
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Weird. I used firefox myself when I filled out my application.

keldrin
07-08-2013, 01:54 AM
We're up to 90 members!

Chiany
07-08-2013, 02:42 AM
We're up to 90 members!

Awesome number for a "casual" guild :cool:

AstaSyneri
07-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Since it hasn't been mentioned here (afaik):

Starting July 1st the procedure of entering TUC has changed a little bit. Keeping in mind that we want players who are relaxed, but do keep in contact with each other / the guild, there are four tiers in our guild:

The Inner Circle (the Big Bosses that lord over us minions :P)
Patrons (essentially guild officers, relaxed drill sergeants, hehe)
Acolytes (the great "normal" members we have)
Initiates (basically aspiring Acolytes)

Before July 1st you'd automatically become an Acolyte - sort of a bonus for finding out about Hex and TUC so early.

Now you'd enter as an Initiate and will advance quickly to Acolyte, provided you manage to write a few forum posts and keep at it, becoming an active member of the guild. There is nothing special to it - we are a relaxed guild, but we also love to have somewhat chatty people to talk to. ;)

In the interest of all, those members who vanish without saying anything will slowly slide down the rungs again and eliminated from the guild if we don't hear from you, simply because we don't want bureaucratic corpses to inflate our member count. We all know that sometimes things in life happen, so even if you happen to slide out of the guild, that's no reason not to reapply once your real life challenges are solved. We understand.

Did I miss anything?

Cato
07-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Did I miss anything?

Not all, I subtly updated the first thread post to incorporate our policy changes without directly announcing them here a few weeks back ;)

I would add though that up until Beta we do not have minimum activity/post requirements for our regular Acolyte members. Only new Initiates must log in once every three weeks to retain their account.

As always, full information can be found on our website - Unnamed-Council.com

hammer
07-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Hey guys I am excited to join The Unnammed Council as a Guild Initiate and plan to prove myself and earn that Acolyte title!
Really inspired by the warm and welcoming reception on the guild forums.
Looking forward to working, gaming and having fun times with y'all.
-Hammer

Cato
07-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Welcome Hammer!

In Hex we trust indeed ;)

AstaSyneri
07-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome Hammer!

In Hex we trust indeed ;)

Hehe, I wouldn't go that far ;-).

But welcome Hammer! And yes, I hope our sociable ways will continue the way they are. I, too, enjoy that.

keldrin
07-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the guild Stonebubble, NadienImesso, and Xtopher!
Glad to have you aboard.
Our numbers are slowly rising :cool:

CheapDruid
07-29-2013, 09:20 AM
I signed up today my guild name is also CheapDruid to keep it easy. I can't wait to play. BTW im a Champion backer I was going to go for the king tier but my gift cards wouldnt stack :(

keldrin
07-29-2013, 12:53 PM
I signed up today my guild name is also CheapDruid to keep it easy. I can't wait to play. BTW im a Champion backer I was going to go for the king tier but my gift cards wouldnt stack :(
Welcome to the guild!
Champion is good. You benefited from alot of the funding goal reward bonuses.
I had never thought about stacking gift cards. Sorry to hear that it is a issue.

AstaSyneri
08-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Was surprised by our most recent Initiates - Most of our guild members are 30+ years old, but those two were 14 and 17 respectively. I am really curious how that will work out.

Does this mean Hex is now being found by a different type of gamer? What's to come?

keldrin
08-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Was surprised by our most recent Initiates - Most of our guild members are 30+ years old, but those two were 14 and 17 respectively. I am really curious how that will work out.

Does this mean Hex is now being found by a different type of gamer? What's to come?

My guess is, that when the free to play version of the game releases, we will see a lot of younger players join and start playing.
When I've been to the local game shop, watching the current magic the gathering tournaments, I see a lot of teenager and younger 20s players. Monetary limits, are the main thing that stopped much of a influx of younger players during kickstarter. If your funds are limited, it's much harder to invest much into a game you're not 100% sure you will want to play. And, if you're 15, spending all your money at the start of summer vacation, with the idea of playing sometime in the fall, has got to be a hard decision.

keldrin
08-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Congratulations to our 3 newest guild members, Ealil, Wolzarg, and Purefuel99!
That brings our guild membership count up to 112
And between our one dragon lord, Grand Kings, and Raid Leaders, we have 35 members with the Raid leader account flag!

Chiany
08-26-2013, 04:56 AM
Congratulations to our 3 newest guild members, Ealil, Wolzarg, and Purefuel99!
That brings our guild membership count up to 112
And between our one dragon lord, Grand Kings, and Raid Leaders, we have 35 members with the Raid leader account flag!

I am pretty amazed by this number, really looking forward to raiding with every single member of our guild.

Cato
08-31-2013, 07:57 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/SteamGroupnewspic1_zps564b82c9.png

Now you can connect and game with your guild members outside of the TUC forums. Members also have free access to our TS3 voice servers. :cool:

MrCwis
09-09-2013, 08:47 AM

I'm Only 24 Asta, don't lump me in with you old people lol

Erebus
09-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Fine MrCwis, you get to be the the official "Baby" of the Council.

keldrin
09-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Fine MrCwis, you get to be the the official "Baby" of the Council.

Does he get a guild forum badge for that?
It would look good between his kickstarter backer badge, and his guild backer badge :cool:

Cato
09-20-2013, 04:03 PM
We have an Alpha Release Date: October 8th :cool:

To celebrate we have kitted out the forums with a reskin of Alpha pride!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/AlphaBackgroundsample_zps2aa48043.png

In other news I just checked our site stats, our Guild Site has just passed the 10,000 hits mark :eek:

Cato
09-21-2013, 03:40 PM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/SeptemberCommunityUpdatev3_zpsd2e01284.jpg (http://www.unnamed-council.com/home)

We have released a bumper community update for all of our members. Perhaps the most important note inside it for the CzE thread is:

Forum Privacy & Visibility

Selected parts of the forums will be going publicly visible on Friday 27th September. This is to give The Unnamed Council a better sense of transparency and co-operation among the Hex community.

So from next friday, you (and prospective members) will be able to see this update and much more of our forums without having to sign up to our website. We also plan to make public our Card of the Week articles which we might start publishing here.

thegreybetween
09-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I was recently directed here by Chiany, and after browsing through this thread and the website, I admit that I'm intrigued. But I must confess that I've managed to dodge all MMOs up to this point, so I am a little unfamiliar with the concept of in-game guilds as a whole. I have a few questions prior to submitting an application:

1) How strongly does membership in a guild affect a player's gameplay? For example, I noticed that you claim a 10% XP boost to all members for PvE (which is a KS reward for one of your members, I believe). It seems like an environment that gives guild players in-game advantages discourages lone-wolf players. This is especially true if things like extra card draws and life regeneration can be earned in PvP guilds, giving those players a direct advantage over other players (PvE buffs are much better in this regard). So I guess the real crux of this question is: Do many MMO players join guilds simply to remain competitive? That would be a shame, as it would dramatically undercut the social value of a guild, not to mention the entire HEX environment as well.

2) How much does membership in a guild restrict the player's freedom? For example, if I join your PvE guild and decide I want to just silently log in and play a few dungeon matches by myself, will that somehow reflect poorly on me? Will I be expected to trade exclusively with guild mates? Will I be reprimanded for joining in games with players who are not in the guild?

3) Aside from participating in forum discussions, what will my actual obligations be to remain an upstanding member of the guild? Am I expected to log a certain number of guild-party raids in a given timeframe?

4) In general, what does membership in a guild provide that a player couldn't experience through the standard open forums?

5) Why did YOU join this guild? I'd like to hear why each of you is here, so that I can better evaluate my decision. If I understand correctly, players are only allowed to belong to one guild. I just want to make sure I'm committing to the right one, which is especially tough to evaluate given that the game hasn't even been launched.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I'm not planning on being a rule-bender or a rogue. I really just want to enjoy my HEX experience and I want to make sure that by seeking out a guild I'm not just piling a bunch of red tape onto my play time.

Thanks!

Chiany
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
1) I only join a guild for the social aspects, not because it's easier to get benefits like from the RL tier.
2) speaking for me personally, if you at least say Hi and Bye, I don't mind if you play solo or with non guildies sometimes. Although I would prefer to raid (or something else) together from time to time.
3) just have fun ;)
4) easier to find like minded ppl and have fun together
5) I am a player who mainly focusses on PVP, but always seek like minded ppl in whatever game I play.
this guild seemed to have those kind of ppl, being relaxed and fun to hang out with, and I was right.
so even if this a guild that focusses on PVE more then PVE everyone has a place here.

MoikPEI
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
1) Guilds can provide information, contacts, and resources which can be used to enhance your play life. For actual modification of the game, only the XP Boost is known to be tied to guilds. It is otherwise a social platform. PvP has no buffs of any kind. Only PvE does, and most of them are not specifically guild-sourced. I join guilds mainly as a sounding board for my ideas in a controlled environment. I specifically look for older-seeming and more casual guilds since they tend to be more cerebral. The quality of conversation in guilds like TUC exceed catch-alls like an official forum.

2) Depends on the Guild. TUC specifically has space for people's spouses/partners/etc where there's a built-in expectation that they aren't going to interact with the rest of the guild and should be given privacy, they're just there to play with their love and not with us. There is no activity metric in place that I'm aware of, and no guild loyalty requirements that I know of.

3) For TUC, nope. Others? Probably.

4) I would say Guilds don't provide a new element or feature (disregarding the 10% XP thing and any unannounced features). I would say participating in a guild simply enhances them. There are a lot of trolls in the wild, not in a gated community like a guild. It's a safer space. More comfortable.

5) They first keyword for me was 'casual'. I can't and won't do raid times and activity requirements. That's a hard filter when I'm looking to tag up. I play a lot, but not on a schedule. The other thing going for it from my perspective, is that the people who had TUC in their sigs struck me as generally respectable people. There were no "HOW DOES I JOINED ALPHA!?! GIEF BOOSTERS PLOX" types flaunting the logo. The ones I was seeing were generally giving feedback and asking questions in a positive manner. There were no stubborn declarations of right and wrong, agitation, name calling, etc. I figure TUC would hit close to the kind of experience I would have if I was guilded up with real-life friends.

thegreybetween
09-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Thank you for the replies. This really does sound like my cup of tea.

I was curious though: Early in this thread, it was stated that the guild is targeting around 100 members, with an open mind to consider more. As of now, it looks like you're at a little over 100 already and we haven't even hit alpha yet. Any idea as to the actual expected size of this guild? At what point will the doors be closed to new potential initiates?

MoikPEI
09-25-2013, 01:54 PM
The most recent vote bumped the cap to 200.

Idus
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
My take on guild membership is that you get out of it, what you put in. It's like the difference between being an only child, or being in a family with 50 brothers and sisters. Sure as an only child, you can do what you want, when you want, but you'll be playing Solitaire all your life. Whereas in a family, you can play Soliatire, Poker, 500, Blackjack, Uno or any other game hat requires two or more players.

Also as an only child, you have to figure everything out yourself. Instead of asking your brothers and sisters for help getting that first date with the girl you like, you have to go ask strangers all sorts of awkward questions, and hope they don't laugh at you. If you need help with your gym routine to get buff before you go to the beach, you have someone there to help you train, instead of paying expensive gym memberships. Or even if you can't afford entry into the new hot nightclub, maybe one of your brothers will spot you the entrance fee, instead of having to beg on the street corner.

Being in a guild is being part of a family, or at least a close circle of friends. Sure they expect you to talk to them, play with them, and maybe help out occassionally, just like they would help you. If you're part of the family, but you just sit in your room all day and ignore them, then you might as well stay an only child.

Picking the right guild though is the big question. Unlike in real life, where you don't get to pick your family, in games you do.

Do you want a family that wakes you at 4am every morning, and demands you go on the 10 mile run with them, eats means every 6 hours precisely and participates in every combat mission? Do you want to talk Hex 24x7 and nothing else? Do you have the desire to win every game you play, and are willing to argue about who did what wrong when you lose? If so, then join a hardcore PvP guild.

Do you want a family that enjoys playing together, but realises you have girlfriends/boyfriends to attend to, a job that pays the bills, or just lets you have a bit of piece and quiet occassionally, as long as you drop in for dinner and the occassional game with them? Do you want a family that you can discuss movies, politics, music, your favourite foods, the new hot girl/guy you just met, or even talk about Hex! Then you should join a guild that encourages participation, but does not require you to be a machine to be a member, a guild that realises we're all here for fun, and that real life takes priority.

There are many guilds that belong to both camps, and more in between. For me, the second type is my preference, and The Unnamed Council offers that experience. Thre are multiple other benefits to being in a guild, but without this core philosophy, I don't care who is giving away free stuff, how many members there are, or what rank they are on the leaderboard. I'm playing Hex to have fun, and TUC is a fun place to be. That's what's most important to me.

Cato
09-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Hello there!

1) How strongly does membership in a guild affect a player's gameplay? Do many MMO players join guilds simply to remain competitive?

Our guild does indeed grant it's members an additional 10% XP boost for all PvE play, regardless of whether you are playing with guild members or not. This is an overall permanent guild buff granted by the accounts of several of our members (myself and all the admins included). Yes this is a nice perk to being in a guild.

Certain members also offer PvE Raid bonus's if you play with them in a party; an additional starting card in your hand and life regeneration as you already know. They are known as Raid Leaders. Other members also gain accelerated loot drop rates in solo play and some get exclusive alternate art cards each year, making both desirable trading partners. We currently have 31 members with the Raid Leader perks.

We anticipate Hex to be slightly different from traditional MMO's... it is after all a TCG at heart. Whilst there certainly will be competitive guilds focused on grinding both sides of the game to remain competitive, they will attract the more aggressive, disciplined players seeking tournament glory. The Unnamed Council is a casual guild, meaning our members are with us because they enjoy being part of a like minded community as well as the usual perks of being in a guild.

2) How much does membership in a guild restrict the player's freedom? For example, if I join your PvE guild and decide I want to just silently log in and play a few dungeon matches by myself, will that somehow reflect poorly on me? Will I be expected to trade exclusively with guild mates? Will I be reprimanded for joining in games with players who are not in the guild?

Perhaps in serious pro guilds playing solo would be deemed unacceptable but you will find that most guilds in most games recognise that their members are human and occasionally wish to play lone-wolf. For Hex I don't really see this as an issue for any of the current guilds.

For ourselves we will not expect you to play exclusively with guild members or exclusively trade with us. There will of course be perks to doing both with us, but thats what a guild is for after all. All we expect is for you to remain a part of community on a semi-regular basis when it fits you.

3) Aside from participating in forum discussions, what will my actual obligations be to remain an upstanding member of the guild? Am I expected to log a certain number of guild-party raids in a given timeframe?

We currently do not impose any such obligations from our full members, the only requirement in this pre-beta phase is that they occasionally check in with us. Once the game is released it is likely we will have minor activity requirement to ensure the member interacts with their peers. (Nothing too strict though, will probably be a log-in requirement every three weeks or so).

We do expect our trial-members (known as Initiates) to make an effort to get to know the community. Membership is granted based on peer review, meaning that only friendly, active people become full members. We intend to build an exceptional community at TUC based on relaxed yet gaming centric attitude.

Our community is also based on a mutual sense of responsibility. We are committed to learn from and teach each other to be better players and better gaming partners. You invest into the guild and it invests back in you. But I guess that sounds a bit meta.

4) In general, what does membership in a guild provide that a player couldn't experience through the standard open forums?

Simply put you get to be part of a close-knit community. For many folks thats enough but the in-game perks are also nice ;)

The following comes direct from our website but is relevant to your question.

We created The Unnamed Council with three goals in mind:

Provide an Unmatched Community
The Unnamed Council serves first and foremost as a home for all friendly players interested in exploring Hex together. We offer multiple in-game bonuses and third party services such as voice servers and training.

Whether our sisters and brothers band together or journey alone into unfamiliar lands know this: the Council has already tipped Fate’s hand in your favor.

Master the Art of PvE
We want to delve into every dungeon, discover every secret, and acquire the rarest treasures of Entrath. We want to explore & share the infinite possibilities of PvE deckbuilding.

Enjoy Ourselves
Most of all we wish to savor the experience of playing Hex in good, reliable company and in a relaxed community.

5)
Why did YOU join this guild? I just want to make sure I'm committing to the right one.

I co-founded this guild to provide the three goals above. We were the first dedicated casual PvE Guild. All guilds will have rules which you will have to follow, but generally speaking the more competitive the stricter the rules get.

We have some common sense rules laid down to ensure a friendly atmosphere, you can read them here. (http://www.unnamed-council.com/rules)

Other than that I can only advise you to join a guild based on what you want out of it. Do you enjoy teamwork? Do you enjoy high stakes PvP? Do you prefer lone-wolf gaming? Do you simply want to build endless decks and optimise? Decide what you think you want to do most within Hex and choose a guild in-line with your own values.

- Cato

thegreybetween
09-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm sold. Application submitted. Thanks again for the replies. I can already sense that the social environment of this guild is going to be a very good thing. Cheers!

keldrin
09-25-2013, 03:09 PM
1) How strongly does membership in a guild affect a player's gameplay? For example, I noticed that you claim a 10% XP boost to all members for PvE (which is a KS reward for one of your members, I believe). It seems like an environment that gives guild players in-game advantages discourages lone-wolf players. This is especially true if things like extra card draws and life regeneration can be earned in PvP guilds, giving those players a direct advantage over other players (PvE buffs are much better in this regard). So I guess the real crux of this question is: Do many MMO players join guilds simply to remain competitive? That would be a shame, as it would dramatically undercut the social value of a guild, not to mention the entire HEX environment as well.
10% XP is a nice bonus, but in my opinion, not significant enough to force you to join a guild. Nor, would I not join a specific guild, because it couldn't offer me that bonus. As for people joining a guild to remain competitive, People join guilds in every MMO to remain competitive. Having people skilled players to help you become better, to play against, and raid with, can be huge on how well you do over all. It's social as well. But, even if you formed a guild with a few real life friends, a lot of your goal would be to improve and help each other achieve in game goals (In Dark Age of Camelot, I was first in a guild with real life friends, and then in one that was a major competitive guild. There are actually a lot of similarities in how everyone worked together and interacted. If you find a group you click with, they will become friends)

2) How much does membership in a guild restrict the player's freedom? For example, if I join your PvE guild and decide I want to just silently log in and play a few dungeon matches by myself, will that somehow reflect poorly on me? Will I be expected to trade exclusively with guild mates? Will I be reprimanded for joining in games with players who are not in the guild? .
There's nothing wrong with playing by yourself, dungeons etc. Some people will be doing a lot of dungeons due to time restrictions. You can jump in and out of a solo dungeon much easier than a PVP match or a raid. I plan on doing dungeons sometimes at work. We have actually talked a little bit, about joining pickup games, actually promoting the guilds image. I plan on doing some random pickup games myself. Not to mention, I've met people from other guilds through the hex forum, that I like, and wouldn't mind playing with.
Trading, it's not exclusive to guild. You can't limit yourself to in guild trades, or you might not be able to get what you are wanting. Or, potentially, the best deal out there.

There is currently no set in game participation guidelines. Yeah, we would like guildmates to play together, but not required. And, you'll probably do a lot better raiding with guildmates, than random people. (reason being, more coordinated methods of approaching raids, not to mention people in guild will likely be more experienced than random people).

Well, there's the obvious social aspects. The 10% XP bonus. There are people in guild that might have the raid leader account flag, which is a nice bonus when doing raids. And, you're more likely to get one on one help when you need it, like in deck construction, versus posting questions in forum, netting you more general replies.
Also, a smaller forum, will allow you to get to know the other people in the forum. It will be easier as well, to figure out who really knows their stuff, and who is just tossing out opinions. The hex forum already has a ton of people active to semi-active here. I think that it will become harder as more people enter the forums, to sift through, all the comments and threads being posted.

5) Why did YOU join this guild? I'd like to hear why each of you is here, so that I can better evaluate my decision. If I understand correctly, players are only allowed to belong to one guild. I just want to make sure I'm committing to the right one, which is especially tough to evaluate given that the game hasn't even been launched.

Yeah, it is tough. There are several promising, but essentially untested guilds out there now :)
The UnNamed Council is not trying to be the biggest guild in the game (I think Clan Black Blade is shooting for that title)
A medium sized guild, offers in my opinion, a chance to know and be known by most of the other guild members. In a large guild, you can get lost in the crowd. A lot of people form mini groups in large guilds to play with.(this is why you often see break off guilds from the larger guilds in MMOs). So, from a social perspective, I tend to think small to medium guilds are best.
A medium sized guild like the UnNamed council, has people active pretty much all the time. I have never logged into the guild website, and been the only person active. With a small guild, there will be times, you are the only person playing in your guild. I work nights, and when I will be on varies greatly, so a guild that is large enough to be active pretty much when I am, is a major plus to me.
So, I mentioned why I liked the idea of a medium sized guild, instead of a small guild, or a huge guild.
Why the unnamed council specifically. I clicked with a couple of the guild officers here on the hex forums. I liked what they had to say, and, maybe more importantly, how they said it. People tend to be semi-serious there. So, good sense of humor, wanting to be successful in game, but valuing being fun.
There's a lot of in guild forum activity covering aspects in game and general interest. It has been fun participating in those forums, and they have dropped a lot of card analysis and potential in game strategy, into those forum posts. So, comparing in guild forums, versus official forums, I find that I get as good of information in guild, without having to read 100 posts to learn it.

Actual, thank you for asking these questions. It should be helpful for others to sift through these when looking at potential guilds to join

Callahan420
09-27-2013, 04:03 AM
I was going to fill out the online application but it seems the website is down. Unable to connect to the server. Will try again later tonight.

Chiany
09-27-2013, 04:31 AM
I was going to fill out the online application but it seems the website is down. Unable to connect to the server. Will try again later tonight.

Enjin was down completely, it's up now.

Cato
09-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Thinking of joining our community? Several of our forums, including our Card of the Week articles, are now publicly visible. This means you can preview some of the forums by simply visiting our site.

Our recruitment status is currently medium level. Please make sure you read our Guild Rules before starting a signup form.

You can also ask a question from our members using the Shoutbox window. :cool:

Callahan420
09-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Nice to know Chiany but really Cato? LOL Those letters are huge on mine at least.

Edit: Applied I think? Password?

Cato
09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Nice to know Chiany but really Cato? LOL Those letters are huge on mine at least.

It got your attention then, which was kind of the idea ;)

Shippal
09-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Not gonna lie, for a pre-alpha gaming guild, this one is getting fairly large. Nice website and design, btw. I applied. :)

keldrin
10-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the guild Shippal, glittering boots, and LDA1990!

icetech
10-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Wow your webpage is actually nicer than hex's....

Chiany
10-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Wow your webpage is actually nicer than hex's....

Shh don't tell Cato, his ego is big enough already ;)

keldrin
10-10-2013, 10:14 PM
We've had several recent additions to our guild. So, would like to give a big welcome to all the new guild members!
Looking forward to playing you in Alpha. :cool:

Cato
10-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Indeed, so far in October the Unnamed Council welcomes:

Shippal
Glittering Boots
LDA 1990
WiSeR
Jimmywolf
JimMorbid
Calamity
Ghii Zhar
Symmetros

... as new TUC Initiates. Just in time for Alpha! :cool:

Ghii_Zhar
10-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks to all for the warm Welcomes.

I really like the Unnamed Council website and the members are friendly. I will hopefully have the nerve to progress from playing AI opponents to human players before long. I'm still kinda tripping over my own shoe laces, but have really enjoyed playing in spite of my ignorance :D

Cato
10-13-2013, 09:36 AM
You are always welcome to play with your fellow guildies, especially the IC. We don't bite... much ;)

Chiany
10-16-2013, 11:44 AM
We don't bite... much ;)

All lies, just like the cake :cool:

Crimvel
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi TUC, I just send an application, but I'm not sure if the Form worked right...

nvm :) Just got the email, now I play the waiting Game

Cato
10-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Welcome Crimvel & Corvus :cool:

Ghii_Zhar
10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
You are always welcome to play with your fellow guildies, especially the IC. We don't bite... much ;)

Hopefully, with the new patch I can play tonight....

For the past week or so I have rarely been able to complete any games (AI or player) due to the priority bug, and quite often haven't been able to login at all. Other times, I can login, but get "No Decks available" errors.

Not complaining, just explaining :D

Such is alpha! The few times I have been able to play have been a hoot! I actually won my first two pvp games - just pure luck, not skill. My opponent was trying some of the fancy-schmancy Escalate/Demolisher decks but my lil' bunnies got to him before he could wipe me out. I'm pretty sure he was still refining his deck, I've seen those escalation decks wipe the boards in a few Twitches I viewed.

Cato
12-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Happy Holidays Everyone!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/TUCXMAS_zpscb2787a0.png

We look forward to playing with you all in 2014 :D

Highlord
01-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Just completed an application on your website, hope to be playing with you guys soon!!

Cato
03-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Hello and Greetings from the Unnamed Council.

2014 has been a sleepy start not just for our Guild but also for the Hex Community as a whole as we all slowly wait for CZE to transition from Alpha to Beta. Our forums have been slow but steady over the winter period, a big thanks to all of our community regulars for keeping us going.

Remember our forums are mostly open for public viewing, you can see them here: http://unnamed-council.com/forum

Note: Deckbuilding and some areas are not visible to guests.

We hope for Beta to be announced for late Spring and we expect to enjoy a member revival at this time. Meanwhile new cards are slowly being added to the Alpha for us to test and the client has never been more stable. New members are still welcome to the Guild although bear in mind we are in a quiet phase as the majority of our members wait for PvE content.

We look forward to playing with everyone in the near future.

- Cato, Skyrek, Erebus & Eryn Shades
TUC Inner Council Admin

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/TUCsDream_zps415cb662.png (http://s633.photobucket.com/user/aridgers/media/TUCsDream_zps415cb662.png.html)

Cato
04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/AlphaFriendly_zpsa960939e.png

The Unnamed Council is proud to announce a friendly Alpha tournament just for our members.

The tournament winner gets honour, glory and a little something extra to use on our forums.

For more information then members need to head over to this guild thread: Hibbernathy Cup Tournament (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/12116894-cup-hibbernathy-plant-your-flag)

Cato
04-10-2014, 11:17 AM
We have a new Card of the Week article which is visible to view for everyone. This week Deathdealer discusses the possible new implications and use for Hideous Conversion now its been reduced down to 2 cost in the latest patch.

Clicking the image below will link you to the article. Enjoy.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/Hideousconversion_zps1a4dc32f.png (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/page/1/m/13854161/viewthread/12142139-hideous-conversion-card-week)

AstaSyneri
04-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Cup Hibbernathy actives Plan B

Due to the Alpha being replaced by the Closed Beta we have upgraded to Plan B, too ;-):

The tournament continues as if nothing happened, changing the tournament to the following rules:
All games played so far are valid!
The default rules change to "Commons & Uncommons only"
Optionally (i.e. if both opponents agree to it), players can play Starters - or any other format they can agree upon

The deadline for the current round is extended by one week (May 4th).

Cato
05-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Cup Hibbernathy is still finishing up but with Beta out we are now proud to announce:

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/tuc-bette-may-double-d-cup_1398975844_zpsb1a08d3b.jpg

This is our first major Guild event, complete with prizes and accolades. First prize is a set of coveted GenCon Jadiim sleeves and everyone who participates gets a chance at winning Set 1 Boosters.

A big thanks to AstaSyneri for organising this event and to Billy Bogota for providing our top prize.

< Full tournament details can be found here > (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/page/1/m/13854161/viewthread/12591477-bette-may-doubled-cup-sign-up-here)

Sorry but we are not accepting non-member entries for this event, perhaps in the future though?

OmarEpps
05-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Cato come at me bro anytime 0marEpps lets do this winner gets dominance.

AstaSyneri
05-07-2014, 01:00 AM
The Bette May Double D cup now has 33 sign-ups, currently about a third of our membership. Not a bad turn-out at all, considering we all rather want to play PvE. I am looking forward to this.

Cato
05-26-2014, 11:22 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/TUCTWIT_zps0a4d825a.jpg (http://www.twitter.com/HexTUC)

The Unnamed Council now has a Twitter account to give out important Guild Event reminders.

You can follow us at #HexTUC

Cato
05-26-2014, 11:31 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/BetaUpdateV2_zps6ebb8213.png (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/13004038-beta-community-update)

Our Beta Community Update is now up. It's essentially our quarterly Guild Newsletter to our members.

You can view the update on our site by clicking the image above.

AstaSyneri
05-27-2014, 03:38 AM
Not to mention it's Sealed Friday again (Jun 30th), starting at 1900 GMT.

Cato
05-28-2014, 09:13 AM
You mean May 30th right Asta? ;)

AstaSyneri
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
You mean May 30th right Asta? ;)

Err, yes, oops. But apparently that TUC Sealed Friday has kind of taken a life on its own and chances are that it takes place every Friday, for a while at least.

That being said, Congratulations to Hammer of Alchemy for winning our Alpha stage Cup Hibbernathy Double Elimination tournament! It was a fun guild event that started in Alpha and survived in Beta, laying the groundwork for all following guild events.

hammer
06-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Err, yes, oops. But apparently that TUC Sealed Friday has kind of taken a life on its own and chances are that it takes place every Friday, for a while at least.

That being said, Congratulations to Hammer of Alchemy for winning our Alpha stage Cup Hibbernathy Double Elimination tournament! It was a fun guild event that started in Alpha and survived in Beta, laying the groundwork for all following guild events.

Thanks Asta - The Cup Hibbernathy was brilliantly organised and it was great to dual, meet and chat with so many guild members. Special shout-out to Wolzarg who pushed me all the way to the finish line in the finals, close and fun games :D

Scammanator
06-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I've been procrastinating on joining a guild, and I've had some interest in TUC for a while now, but wasn't quite sure.

Then I saw your post about the Chalice of Hues player-run dungeon, and I immediately thought "Yeah, this is the guild I want to be in. These are my kind of people."

Are you still accepting new members? I'm a Raid Leader Tier backer. My goal is to become a Raid Guide and introduce players to raiding by advising them on deckbuilding strategies, lending them useful cards/equipment, and playing through raids with them until they feel prepared.

Erebus
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Scammanator,

Yes! We are still open to applications. Please feel free to place one on our guild website unnamed-council.com. Looking forward to you joining us. :)

AstaSyneri
06-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Then I saw your post about the Chalice of Hues player-run dungeon, and I immediately thought "Yeah, this is the guild I want to be in. These are my kind of people."

Very nice to hear that. In order to preserve that Chalice of Hues announcement, here is the repost:

Dear Hex players!

If you are like us at The Unnamed Council (TUC), you backed Hex for it's PvE features and are anxiously looking forward for any PvE content that might come out. You know what? We got tired of waiting!

That's why we present to you The Chalice of Hues - a Hex: Shards of Fate PvEbP dungeon campaign. That is Player vs. Environment by Player, in case you were wondering.

How does it work?

We at TUC have prepared a dungeon campaign, a series of designed encounters of increasing difficulty. You build a party of 4-6 adventurers and collectively you try to conquer this series of challenges until you win the final encounter. Or die trying.

Every player in your group picks one Ardent champion, that he (or she) will play for the entire event. You are free to build decks for this champion with two significant changes:

You cannot play Underworld cards
You can only include rares and legendaries according to your number of XP. You start with 5 XP and for each XP you can include one single rare card in your deck (or a legendary card for 2 XP). Over the course of the campaign you will gain additional XP to use.

Once you have assembled and registered your team with us, you are ready for challenges (encounters). Participation in the event is free (donations to the guild are welcome and will be put towards future prize pools), but the number of teams in Closed Beta is limited to five (5).

TUC provides a number of players who will play the encounter decks as Dungeon Masters (DMs). As a group you need to beat each encounter three times to advance to the next stage. If a player loses against the DM, that player loses a Hit Point. Each player only has three Hit Points. Once he has lost all Hit Points, he can not participate in challenges any more.

Some of the encounters have special rules, in order to present special challenges.

Sounds like fun?

Then get your adventuring band together and follow us here and/or on Twitter twitter.com/HexTUC (http://twitter.com/HexTUC) for further information.

The Chalice of Hues will now enter Closed Beta. In Closed Beta only a select number of players will be invited to play. This is necessary due to the limited availability of DMs during the FIFA World Cup and summer vacations, especially while the Hex Auction House is not functional.

After Closed Beta this event will be open to more groups of players within and outside of the Unnamed Council.

Cato
06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Whilst we are currently not accepting new teams for the closed beta test of the Sapphire Dungeon you can track the adventure progress of the testing teams on the new Dungeon section of our site.

http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

This section of the site is still a work in progress and may be expanded upon if we decide to pursue the event further. ;)

Remember, you can track general announcements regarding the Chalice of Hues either on our Twitter account @HexTUC (https://twitter.com/HexTUC) or on our CzE Dungeon thread. (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=36349)

Cato
07-30-2014, 12:39 PM
We've had a quiet minor summer break but now TUC is gearing back into action!

We are currently planning the next stage of our open PVEbP Dungeon event after the success of Beta testing. We've learnt a few things, (chiefly we need more efficient DM interfaces and more DM timezone coverage) in order to pull off a larger version of the event - stay tuned for more information soon!

We've welcomed several new members to our site, most of whom are just starting out in Hex. It's great to see that even in Hex's idle development state that the game is still attracting new PVE interested players. :D

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/HammerComp_zps7312df08.jpg (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/14158946-win-kickstarter-mercs-story-writing-competition)

Meanwhile one of our Guild Mentors (read: Veteran TCG player) Hammer of Alchemy, is offering a complete Kickstarter Merc prizeset (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/14158946-win-kickstarter-mercs-story-writing-competition) in return for the most creative Hex short-story fantasy piece written about him. We look forward to seeing what our members can come up with!

Cato
08-17-2014, 02:19 PM
What a busy month it has been!

The Chalice of Hues PvEbP (aka. Our Dungeon Event) is now live!

http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/tuc-twitter-header.jpg

Event Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37447

The Dungeon Homepage: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeon

Our Current Teams: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonteams

The Full Rules & FAQ: http://www.unnamed-council.com/dungeonrules

It has Prizes!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/CoHPrizesV2_zpsbe79e9da.png (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37447&page=7&p=402152&viewfull=1#post402152)

And with our recent influx of ex-Utopian Chaos players (Welcome once again!) we are forming our own inter-Guild PvP team of crack card commando's. ;)

http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/tuc-tryouts.jpg (http://www.unnamed-council.com/forum/m/13854161/viewthread/14702411-tuc-guild-team-tryouts/page/1)

Set 2 is around the corner with real PvE (hopefully) hot on it's heels. We are looking forward to it!

Dralon
08-18-2014, 12:03 AM
These all seem like great events, and with the craziness that is summer coming to an end soon, I look forward to getting back on the Hex Horse! Keep up the great work!

Cato
08-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks Dralon - I think everyone is gearing up for Sept/Oct when the industry enters 'Fall', there are so many great things coming out and not just for Hex! <Whispers> Beyond Earth. Borderlands PS. Far Cry 4...

It starts getting colder, those hazy summer socials and work interests retreat back and people have more time for Gaming. I'm certainly looking forward to PvE content!

Cato
09-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Direct trading is coming out tomorrow! <3

Our forums our buzzing with pre-hashed out trade deals right now. What's also great is that now we will finally have a way to start drip donating excess cards down to our new players. With the UI updates as well the King Gabriel Patch is going to be a good one, see you there!

AstaSyneri
10-07-2014, 01:36 AM
This weekend the Hex World Team Cup 2014, featuring 10 Hex guilds - including our very own TUC team - competing for the ultimate team crown will start. Follow it on twitter with the hash tag #hexworldteamcup (https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23hexworldteamcup) !

Cato
12-06-2014, 05:17 PM
It's been a little while since we posted on this thread, as it's been relegated to more of a News Mirror for us. That said we are happy to note that our own website is still buzzing with activity, especially with Set 2 and Frost Ring so close!

If you ever have a question or comment for us and do not wish to use our site, you are always welcome to post in this thread. :)

... It's Christmas Time!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/VampireSanta_zps6f6de1f5.png

Our members are organising a Secret Santa for each other. Set 2 Boosters are high on the wish lists, although there are some amusing requests coming out too - e.g. "I have a desire to amass the biggest Flock of Seagulls to ever darken the skies of Entrath"

We will share the best (and worst) Secret Santa gifts exchanged between our members at the end of the month. :cool:

Azzer
12-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi, i looked and looked around on your website and here but can't find an answer to this question, what faction are you going with?.

Cato
12-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Hi, i looked and looked around on your website and here but can't find an answer to this question, what faction are you going with?.

Hello Azzer,

We have not declared for either Ardent or Underworld yet as that question has not been raised since Alpha. Hopefully HexEnt will let guilds exist without declaring a side...

The Unnamed Council is a neutral entity with its own machinations being played out. If we have to pick a side in-client it will probably be Ardent, that said I cannot imagine HexEnt applying faction locks anymore to decks within the Guild (it was brainstormed at one point). Any faction choices will most likely be cosmetic only.

Kovaks
01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Hi guys,

Are you still accepting recruits? I put in an application a few days ago and haven't heard anything back. Would love to have a group to discuss cards/test out strategies with....

Kovaks

Pyrowolf
03-23-2015, 12:21 AM
I hope they are recruiting, I just put in my application this morning, but their site seems down at the moment so I can't see if they've accepted me. I'm really interested in a PvE oriented guild.

Scammanator
03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
I hope they are recruiting, I just put in my application this morning, but their site seems down at the moment so I can't see if they've accepted me. I'm really interested in a PvE oriented guild.

We are still recruiting, and I can see that your application was successfully submitted, Pyrowolf. :) Thank you for your interest.

Give the Admin team some time to review your application, they all happen to be quite busy with their real world lives right now. They should be able to get to it soon, but if you still haven't heard word a few days from now, just post a friendly reminder in our shoutbox that you're waiting for your application to be processed.

kyubajin
04-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Hi there! Put in my application. Hope you guys review it favourably ;)

AstaSyneri
06-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks for putting in your application. We do accept members, but it takes some time to vet them. :D

What did we do recently? Our last event was a guild-wide gold digger event, where as a guild we mind 1M gold for the guild from the Arena over the course of 72 week-day hours. It turned out this was much more fun than doing it alone - sharing stories over Teamspeak and just having fun together. I am very much looking forward to doing that again - it gave all of us a good reason to look at our speed-run decks and try new ways to beat the arena... quickly. :D

Makizushi
07-23-2015, 03:32 AM
That actually sounds like a very fun event / idea Asta. Kudos to you guys for that :)

AstaSyneri
08-08-2015, 03:09 AM
After having the guild do another farming charity event (with a little bit of help from Colin, who exchanged our gold into hard currency at a very favorable rate), now it's time for another guild-internal (plus friends) tournament:

The Jaunty Juliet H-Cup. It's entirely Highlander (60 cards min, 1 of each cards max, except basic shards) and registration for this on unnamed-council.com closes on August 16th. Prizes will be awarded not only to the winner(s), but also raffled off amongst everybody who completes all his games in his pod.

AstaSyneri
09-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Update: The Jaunty Juliet Single H-Cup has just finished the pod phase and I am busy determining who gets to advance (tie-breakers are the pits).

http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/jaunty-juliet-single-h-cup.jpg

In addition we are running the Arena of Myth Challenge - some players have already logged in 30+ perfect runs with distinct Champions.

http://www.void-troopers.com/hextcg/arena-of-myth-challenge.jpg

This event will be running until the release of Set 4.

Khalims
10-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Hello guys, i just submitted a application for The Unnamed Council. Donīt even know if your guild still recruit, but at least i give a try :)

WolfCrypt
10-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Meh we can worry bout what to do if guilds have limits later XD

aristalis
01-03-2016, 10:45 PM
I think I just sent in an app as well, not sure if it went thru but really hoping it did!

Xexist
02-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Id like to apply straight for the inner council please.

Eyverin
02-18-2016, 11:58 AM
I discovered this game 2 days ago and been playing and I noticed your guild here, it looks like something that I would want to be a part of and I was filling out the application for your guild but I got to the part of mentioning "Your HEX Keep Name" I am not sure what that is, I downloaded the beta the Alpha Chronicles of Entrath, how would I know what my Hex Keep name is because I don't remember that part

Edit: I remember I think, though they should make it where u can check what your account name is. I registered and filled out the application and I submitted it but not sure if it got sent succesfully or not

rstrbn
02-19-2016, 10:28 AM
The Keep name is a carry over from the KS before the game was released, it is just your IGN. If you chat something in the chat box in game you will see it :).

NOBLEStarshield
02-19-2016, 11:59 AM
The Keep name is a carry over from the KS before the game was released, it is just your IGN. If you chat something in the chat box in game you will see it :).

You can always ask in chat what your name is or use the /me command in the text box.

Eyverin
02-19-2016, 10:42 PM
I have chatted in the chat box a few times but all it says for me about my name is you.

I did the /me command but when i did that everyone in chat saw /me command in chat and everyone responded and someone told me my in game name which is Eyverin same name for here as well. When I chat my name of Eyverin is suppose to be shown to me as well? why I ask is when I chat all it says for me is you and doesn't show my name but shows my name to others when I chat

I applied filled out an application for TUC but I am not sure if was successfully sent or not